View Full Version : Mr.mike's family & friends at the GF

MR.MIKE
08-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Cast Mr and Mrs Mike
sons 6 and 10 months
daughters 9 and 3

Our two friends and their 2 daughters 15 and 17

Friday August 17

Well the 2 weeks from the return of our Poly trip flew by and we once again took a 7:30 flight out of NY's LaGuardia. Arrived at 9:45 and had another easy flight to florida but this time we found the magical express counter empty. Even the lines for the individual buses weren't crowded. There was no one going to the monorail resorts and as soon as we stopped at the rope they pointed us towards our bus.

We made a stop at the Wilderness Lodge by 11:05 and reached the GF by 11:20. I didn't see any area outside for club level check in so I asked the greeter inside the lobby and he got someone to take us upstairs to check in.
Our rooms weren't ready yet so we had a snack in the lounge and then checked out the grounds. Sat at the Marina and from there walked past the quiet pool and down the beach to the slide pool. Our friends have never been to the GF before so we enjoyed showing them around. We went back up to the lounge and then checked on our rooms. 2 of our 3 were ready so we hung out there until 3rd was available.
Even though we are just 2 families we decided to split a 3rd room and give the kids their own place to hang.
I was surprised that our luggage was in the room already as was the box of baby food and diapers we had shipped down earlier in the week.
We jumped in the pool around 3:30 and i enjoyed a very yummy "poolside lemonade"

I thought it was too soon to see men older than me in itsy bitsy man bikinis as well as young girls with out bathing suit tops but that what was walking around today. There was a lot of people at the pool but def not crowded at all.

We went back to the room at 5 to change for dinner at Chef Mickeys. The monorail "soundtrack" was acting strange as we heard no "por forvore montanga....." Instead as we were travelling we heard the clip that the monorail has stopped because of traffic and will resume shortly. :confused:

Chef mickey's was good, we had someone earning their ears bring us to our table and she mumbled something like "may the force be with you because I won't be" We just glanced at each other with a confused look and said no more about it.

After dinner we went back to the room and dropped off the younger kids and then headed to MK. It was extra magic hour so i thought it would be crowded and it was. Pirates had a 40 minute wait so we walked to small world which said 20 minutes but you can tell on this ride how long the wait is and it was just a few minutes. Did the carousel next then we decided to leave and had to get through an insanely crowded main street waiting for Spectromagic. The had CMs with blue lights directing, no insisting that people only walk on the right side of Main St to leave the park.
We stopped at the Lounge for a few soda and then watched Wishes from our balcony.

Tomorrow we head to Epcot, have an amazingly good fast food meal and see the best fireworks i've ever seen!! and its not Wishes or Illuminations!

faline
08-29-2007, 06:01 AM
Very relaxed start to your trip! :mickey:

January-2007
08-29-2007, 08:07 AM
:cloud9: What an absolutely wonderful start to another dream vacation. Thank you so much for sharing it with us! Love reading about the concierge!

Lizzie
08-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the report. What a nice relaxing first day.

iheartmickey
08-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Sounds like a great way to start a vacation! Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

gauvin4
08-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Sounds like a great start. I look forward to reading more.:mickey:

Bethis26fan
08-29-2007, 06:23 PM
sounds like a great start to your trip.

dolphinmickey9170
08-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Forgive my confusion, but the girls with no bathing suit tops, please tell me they were covered in some way??!!

Do you have pictures of GF accomodations? I am planning a special trip after I finish nursing school and am trying to decide on GF MK view or CR Tower with MK view or Poly with MK view. Thanks.

Can't wait to keep reading. This sounds like the start of a great trip!!

MR.MIKE
08-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Forgive my confusion, but the girls with no bathing suit tops, please tell me they were covered in some way??!!

Do you have pictures of GF accomodations? I am planning a special trip after I finish nursing school and am trying to decide on GF MK view or CR Tower with MK view or Poly with MK view. Thanks.

It seems like many times when we stay at the deluxe resorts (i'm sure it happens other places too) we see girls with just a bikinki bottom on. I always have an impression that they are european which is probably because the last time it happened at the Poly the girl was speaking french.
Their age seems to range from 7-10 and and they have nothing covering them up at all. You seem to notice it when they keep running up to use the slide.
Actually you just reminded me of another strange bathing suit we saw. It was of a boy around 10 i'd say. He had a speedo type suit. It was square and extremely tight. Iit was so large but it wasn't loose. It went halfwayto his knees and up over his belly button but it was tight as if someone had painted his skin.

I took about 900 picstures (darn these digital cameras) so i will post some when i have them all downloaded.

ChipnDaleGal
08-30-2007, 10:06 AM
How nice to share a vacation with friends in the beautiful seeting of the Grand Floridian. Off to a nice start. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

DizNee143
09-04-2007, 01:17 PM
sounds like a great first day...and that is really interesting about all these bathing suit things...cant wait to read about the rest of the trip!! :mickey:

offwego
09-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Actually you just reminded me of another strange bathing suit we saw. It was of a boy around 10 i'd say. He had a speedo type suit. It was square and extremely tight. Iit was so large but it wasn't loose. It went halfwayto his knees and up over his belly button but it was tight as if someone had painted his skin.

I took about 900 picstures (darn these digital cameras) so i will post some when i have them all downloaded.
This sounds like a competitive swim team suit. My DS swims and has a suit like this..since he loves his swim team and the sport convincing him this isn't a "fun" suit has been tough (they normally have team colours etc).

Thanks so much for your report..looking forward to the rest.

realtreebar
09-08-2007, 12:41 AM
thanks for the report ! "gotta love :mickey: "

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.