PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Drinks

Mnchknbrat1982
08-28-2007, 08:12 PM
What are your favorite drinks to get in the world or at Pleasure Island? As I plan to get a few drinks but am not a big drinker. I am not a beer girl though.

PirateLover
08-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Lapu Lapu at the Poly!!! It comes in a carved out :papple: Delish!

jwallace378
08-29-2007, 07:52 AM
I agree with the Lapu Lapu. At PI, go to the Rock n Roll Beach Club and get the drink that comes in the sand pail. I forget what it's called though.

DisneyTeen
08-29-2007, 10:24 AM
I enjoy Yuengling beer down in the world because we don't have it here. But for non beer I would go with Fiesta Margarita in Mexico and Frozen Grey Goose in France at Epcot. I think that each one of the clubs at PI have there own sort of special drink (like the 8 trax I think has drinks with names based on the times (60,70,80).

Crow
08-30-2007, 01:22 AM
been a few trips since i went to PI.
at Epcot i :marg::beer: a lot.
my fav (besides the :beer:) used to b frozen :marg:at Mexico, but now there is a tea stand in China that has slushies w alcohol...:thumbsup:
the LapuLapu at Poly was good.
wines at diff eateries. CA Grill, Artist Pt..
beer sampler at Rose & Crown
Viking coffee in Kringla in Norway

snifflesmcg
08-30-2007, 03:28 AM
I agree with the Lapu Lapu. At PI, go to the Rock n Roll Beach Club and get the drink that comes in the sand pail. I forget what it's called though.

There are a few drinks that come in the pail (it looks like a beach bucket). There are like 5 or 6 of them. I don't know the names either. It's a certain price for the first one and a few dollars less for the "refills". They had them the last two years and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they have it again this year. There is also a little stand next to the Comedy Club that sells the bucket as well.

jpcns50
09-07-2007, 09:57 AM
When I was at PI in 2004, you could buy the bucket at Rock n Roll Beach Club, and some of the other clubs would refill it with anything you wanted. I ended up drinking Whiskey and Coke out of the bucket all night long. Each time we stopped at a different bar, I just asked if they would fill the bucket, most places said yes.

In my opinion, that is the best deal in all of Pleasure Island!!!!:thumbsup:

McGoofy
09-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Lapu lapu is definitely my favorite. :papple: It's at the Tambu Lounge in the Poly. It is served in a pineapple, but if you want to save about $3 or $4.00, you can ask for it in a glass. (I did this last time, and I can't remember the exact amount, but I remember thinking, "Wow. That pineapple is expensive!") One lapu lapu is all you need. Don't light any matches near it!!:silly:

tinkerbell04
09-08-2007, 06:00 PM
The sand pail drink that I got in pleasure island was called shark bait, it was fruity with a few different alcohols in it. They have a whole list of them to choose from, maybe 7 or 8 different ones. They did offer a refill for less, but once I finished that one BIG drink, I was good for a while (we did have our DD with us!) It wasn't easy to push a stroller and drink from the pail :mickey:

Old School Mouse Ears
09-08-2007, 10:17 PM
DW and i love to stop and have a Fiesta Margarita at the cantina de san angel outside Mexico ..many times we are stopped and asked "where did you get that?"or on the hotter days "boy that looks great" i'm most thankful though that the benches between Norway and Mexico are closer to Mexico.....lol....so my DW can sit of course:marg::thumbsup:

DNS
09-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Lapu lapu is definitely my favorite. :papple: It's at the Tambu Lounge in the Poly. It is served in a pineapple, but if you want to save about $3 or $4.00, you can ask for it in a glass. (I did this last time, and I can't remember the exact amount, but I remember thinking, "Wow. That pineapple is expensive!") One lapu lapu is all you need. Don't light any matches near it!!:silly:
Any idea what is in this?

Dreamer7080
09-09-2007, 02:27 PM
I had a drink at Wolfgang Pucks Cafe at Downtown Disney called the Coco Chanel. It was really good... I think it had blackberry flavoring in it. I also had a drink at the bar at the Polynesian, but I dont remember what it was called... all of the drinks there, obviouly, have a tropical twist to them and I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you order. :marg:

Dreamer7080
09-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Any idea what is in this?

from info central:

Lapu Lapu
Myers's Rum, Bacardi 151, Orange Juice, Sour Mix, served in a Fresh Cut Pineapple - $12.50

:mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-10-2007, 01:33 AM
The sand pail drink that I got in pleasure island was called shark bait, it was fruity with a few different alcohols in it. They have a whole list of them to choose from, maybe 7 or 8 different ones. They did offer a refill for less, but once I finished that one BIG drink, I was good for a while (we did have our DD with us!) It wasn't easy to push a stroller and drink from the pail :mickey:

Do you remember about how much they charged for the drink?

McGoofy
09-10-2007, 08:52 AM
from info central:

:mickey:

Yep, info central was correct. I checked it with the recipe that the bartender at Tambu Lounge told me!:mickey: Sometimes when "girl's night out" is at my house, we carve out pineapples and use this recipe to make lapu lapus at home. That is by far my favorite Disney drink!

DisneyWhirled
09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Hands Down it's KUNGALOOSH for me!!!

Yummy, yummy, yummy!!

Kungaloosh can be found at The Adventurer's Club in PI.

chechas
09-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Had a great Frnech Martini at Cali Grill:

Greygoose, chamborg, pineapple juice shaken then a splash of champagne on top. It was so good!

SueQ
09-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Lapu Lapu at the Poly!!! It comes in a carved out :papple: Delish!
I'm am going to have to try this on our trip next year.

I love the frozen :marg: in Mexico. I always get one and a churro when I'm at Epcot.

tinkerbell04
09-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Do you remember about how much they charged for the drink?

As best as I can remember the sandpail was around 9.00 for the first one. Like I said, I didn't refill so I can't remember at all what the refill cost was.:mickey:

disney100%
09-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I am a big fan of Tambu Lounge at Polynesian, and though I love the Lapu Lapu, I always get a Malibu Macaw. It isn't too strong and so delicious!