PDA

View Full Version : Rooms for 5?

scoot241
08-28-2007, 07:25 PM
What resorts have rooms for 5? Specifically, 4 adults and one 3-year old. My parents may be coming with us on our November 2008 trip, and originally I thought we'd need two rooms, but am trying to explore all the options.

Thanks!

jonah'smom
08-28-2007, 07:33 PM
The rooms at Port Orleans Riverside in the Alligator Bayou section can accomodate 4 adults and 1 child in a trundle bed.

TammiMcMan
08-28-2007, 07:43 PM
ASMusic Suites - up to 6 guests
POR - up to 5 guests (child on the trundle bed)
GF - 5 in a standard room
CR - 5 in a standard room
Poly - 5 in a standard room
BC - 5 in a standard room
YC - 5 in a standard room
BWI - 5 in a standard room
WL - up to 6 guests in a deluxe/junior suite
AKL - up to 5 guests in a deluxe
CSR - up to 6 guests in a suite
FW Cabins - up to 6 guests
DVC Units - up to 8 guests in a 2 bedroom

J.T.Toad
08-28-2007, 08:00 PM
With four adults I would seriously think about a 2 bedroom villa and renting from a DVC member.
JT

mook3y
08-28-2007, 09:02 PM
We did 2 adults and 3 toddlers in a POR room.

Sleeping 4 adults and 1 child isnt going to be an issue, but I think it would be a little crowded.

So, if you spend little to no time in the room, it might work out.

Another consideration is that there is only 1 bathroom. There are 2 sinks and mirrors outside of the bathroom, but if you are all trying to get ready, it is going to be tight on space.

MinnieMommie
08-28-2007, 09:10 PM
For a standard room that holds 5 CR are the most spacious. :mickey:

magicofdisney
08-28-2007, 10:43 PM
The suites at All Star Music have 2 bathrooms. A big + with 4 adults. :mickey:

MidnTPK
08-29-2007, 01:26 PM
I really like my in-laws, but sharing one hotel room with your parents is a lot to ask of your husband/wife/partner.

I bet that you all will have a more enjoyable time if you get something with two bedrooms and bathrooms, so I'd advise you to go to a moderate or value over squishing everybody into one room in a deluxe.

illini
08-29-2007, 04:33 PM
I think POR will be way too tight. I think it'll be too tight for us anymore, with 3 kids aged 4-8. The beds are doubles, not queens, too.

That's just an awful lot of companionship with ILs, no matter how much you like them. I'd go for the cabins or AS Suites if your'e on a budget, or rent points and get a DVC villa if you're feeling spendy.

#1donaldfan
08-29-2007, 07:12 PM
POR........sleeps 4 with a trundle bed....perfect for 5......If I may I would suggest building 18 / 27 and or 14 ...they are in close proximety to food, pools and busses..

iheartdisney
08-29-2007, 07:56 PM
As long as you don't mind "cozy" (as others have suggested with 4 adults and possibly one bath) and depending on when you're going in November I'd recommend the Wilderness Lodge. We've stayed in their junior suites before and Wilderness Lodge is our favorite place to stay when WDW is decorated for Christmas. To us it has the most "Christmas-y" feel of all the resorts complete with roaring fire in the fireplace and huge decorated Christmas Tree in the lobby.