PDA

View Full Version : healthy snack options

septembergirl
08-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I am going to go for the Dole Whip and the Toll House ice cream cookie sandwich but for the most part, I want to snack reasonable healthy. I think I have figured out how to do the meals without completely throwing my eating plan over but what about snacks? Can I do that at WDW or should I plan on bringing some healthy snacks along?

Cinderella7299
08-28-2007, 05:30 PM
You'll have no trouble finding healthy options for snacks and meals alike. I'm VERY particular about what I eat (no transfats or caffeine, nothing fried, and as little refined sugars and flours as possible), and I've always been able to find healthy options around Disney.

All of the parks offer fruit at carts and stands, and just about every restaurant offers salads or grilled/baked chicken or fish on their menus (counter service, too). You can also find trail mixes in stores at the resorts and in some stores in the parks. You may want to bring some snacks along with you the first few times you go to the parks, just in case you don't find anything that works for you.

I also can't eat a heavy meal then walk around all day in the heat and sun. I prefer eating several small meals throughout the day. One of my favorite things to do to beat the heat and take a break is to exit Epcot through the International Gateway then head over to the bakery at the Boardwalk. They have a delicious fruit and yogurt plate that I find myself craving as the day goes on. I'll have that and my husband will have a sandwich (they also have really delicious deli sandwiches at the bakery). It's usually really easy to find a quiet bench in the shade with a beautiful view of Crescent Lake, so we take a break from the park, and have a healthy bite to eat.

I usually ask every CM I see where I can find something healthy. I've received some great suggestions this way.

I hope this helps!! Have fun and enjoy that Dole Whip!!

Ginnylynne :mickey:

SgtTigger
08-28-2007, 05:53 PM
OK I know where in Magic Kingdom I can get fruit and stuff but where in Epcot can you find something healthy inside the park???

:cop: :tigger:

LauraF
08-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Veggie sushi at Japan (not on the DDP snack credit)
Fruit cup/pineapple coleslaw - Electric Umbrella
LOTS of a la carte items at Sunshine Seasons
Fruit cup - American pavilion
Tangierine Cafe in Morocco a la carte items

(Occasionally I've seen healthy choices at either the French or Norwegian bakeries, but it's not all the time.)

DestinationWDW
08-28-2007, 07:08 PM
We took a trip earlier this month. I was happy to find ice cream carts had sliced apples with carmel dip and plenty of fresh fruit! :mickey:

MissStyles
08-29-2007, 11:26 AM
In all the parks they sell chip and dale brand pretzels and trail mix. I plan on bringing my own trail mix...but if you're looking for something snacky that's different than fruit those are great options!!!