Beach Club Babe
08-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Cast Members:

Me (Heather)
DS (Matt)
DD#1 (Courtney)
DD#3 (Emily)

Tuesday, August 14th, 2007 continued

We had just had a lovely morning and early afternoon in Animal Kingdom and returned to the YC for a swim and rest. After we returned from Stormalong Bay, I begged Emily to take a nap, but she was adamant that she was not tired. I told her she would fall asleep on the way to dinner at San Angel Inn, and that is exactly what she did! We decided to walk tonight instead of taking the boat and we arrived in Epcot with about 45 minutes to spare until our ADR. We were walking through France, when I realized Emily had stopped talking, and sure enough she was out like a light. Now it has been a few trips since we've eaten here, at SAI, and everytime, we would pass by the restaurant on the ride, Emily would say, "We used to eat there, when can we eat there again?" Well, for that reason as well as the fact that Matt loves this place, I made the ADR. Now she would be missing it! Oh well, we had a terrific meal, in fact the same meal, Plato Mexicano! Service was also great. Just as we all stood to leave, who pops up from her siesta? Go figure! At least she would get to ride the ride she likes so much. In May, I wasn't such a big fan to the changes, but this time I didn't mind it so much. Still not my favorite, but it was OK. Matt really liked the changes, whereas Courtney thought it wasn't too bad.

Once we exited, we tons of people streaming in soaking wet. This was the first hint of rain we had so far on this trip, but we were lucky to be inside. With the ponchos back at the room, as always, we decided to wait it out. Matt went to check out the little kiosks, while Courtney and I took Emily to the kidcot station, where she made her very first mask. She was really enjoying herself. Matt rejoined us and was playing with the little postcard machine. He inserted himself into a postcard where he was cliffdiving, it was too funny. He e-mailed it to someone, as he accidently typed the wrong e-mail address. I'm sure whoever received it, got quite a shock! Courtney also tried it and had her head inserted into a marionette show! Again, all too funny. Emily was finished nad wanted to try the ride again, so we obliged. This time when we exited, the rain had stopped, and we were on our way again.

We headed toward Future World, stopping to get wristbands for EMH at the Odyssey. Matt and Courtney wanted to ride Mission: Space so we headed there first. The Green Team had no wait as opposed to Orange who was posting a 30 minute wait. They chose Green. It was there 1st time on the less intense version and the opinion was split. Matt actually preferred the less intense version, while it was not thrilling enough for Courtney. Emily and I had been talking to Ron and Ashleigh while we waited. When they emerged, I said goodnight to Ron, and we went to ride Ellen.

I had promised Emily earlier in the trip, that we would visit the characters at character connection, and since the line wasn't nearly as bad as it usually is, I obliged her a visit. We met Mickey, Goofy, Stitch, Pluto, and Minnie. Next we went for another ride with Nemo and took in another show with Crush! After that, we visited Figment yet again, and decided to call it a night. I did stop however, to check out the Sportsman Shop in UK, to see if I could get anything soccer related for those back at home. They actually had more than they usually do, and I found it hard to pick between a few things. I decided I'd think about and caught up to the rest, as we walked back to our room. All lights were out by 12:30 AM.

Day 4 is coming!

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Too bad the little one napped through dinner. But it sounds like she made the best of it.

You got a lot done today. Sounds great. Can't wait to read more....thanks so much for sharing your time in the world with us!!:mickey:

iheartmickey
08-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Sounds like your afternoon was packed full of Disney fun! It sounds like fun for everyone ... too bad Emily missed dinner ... kids, what can you do?!?!

So funny about the email! Someone got a laugh.

Thank you for sharing your trip report! :thumbsup:

Lizzie
08-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Sounds fun. I think I wouldn't mind napping during dinner sometimes.

faline
08-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Emily was awake for all the important parts of the day and that's certainly what counts! What a late night you had!

RedSoxFan
08-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Another great day.

vizsla
08-29-2007, 05:54 AM
Sounds like the rest of your day was a great one. Thanks for the report.

gauvin4
08-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Thanks for another great report. :mickey:

January-2007
08-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the trip report.

KylesMom
08-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Heather, I always love reading your trip reports, and it's no different this time around. You guys always have such a great time as a family. I look forward to Day 4! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Too bad Emily fell asleep and missed her requested dinner. But it still sounds like you and your kids had a really good evening. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

offwego
08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Too bad Emily fell asleep, but it sounds as you had a lovely time!

DizNee143
08-31-2007, 02:53 PM
rest of the day seems just as good as the begining of the day!! a nice swim in the pool..and off to Epcot...you guys managed to do alot there tonight!! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
09-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Great second half of your day! Except for your daughter sleeping thru dinner, good thing that she wasn't tired!:D

Bethis26fan
09-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Sounds like a great end to the day.

princessgirls
09-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Heather,

A great evening! Thanks for sharing. That Emily is too cute falling asleep for dinner.
M&M were big fans of the character connection too. Glad you stopped there.

Julie:mickey: