DisneyWhirled
08-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Our posse:

DH-John (38)
Me-Karen (33)-Disney Freak
DS-Colby (8)
DD-Kaylee (5)
DM-Jackie (55)-Karen's mom & Grammy to Colby and Kaylee

Today we slept in a bit as we knew we were going to be out late with the P&PP. I really wanted to go to MK later in the day so we would be more rested for the P&PP but it did not work out that way.

We grabbed bf in the room and headed to the MK-we were there around 10:30AM. We grabbed our passes for the P&PP at Guest Relations and figured we would head to Adventureland first, since we had a 12PM meet with dolphinmickey9170 & kakn7294. We took some pics on Main Street first, and then met Rafikki and Timon for pics and autographs. We then went to lunch at Pecos Bills. DM & I shared a double cheeseburger meal-they even gave us the extra bun. DH had a pulled pork sandwhich, and the kiddos shared a turkey wrap and kids chicken nuggets. It was all very yummy. After lunch, we went to the Tiki Room to meet up for our mini Intercot meet. Here we got to meet Kristen & Ben and Kathy and Phil and their girls, Stephanie and Megan. We chatted a bit and exchanged a token from our home state and then decided to see the Tiki show. After the show, we stood in the shade and took some pics and chatted some more. Everyone was so nice!! It was great to meet people who shared the love of Disney that we do! Kathy and Phil's daughter, Megan and our daughter Kaylee struck up a nice friendship. So much so that Kaylee asked numerous times during the trip when they would have a "play date" :). We had plans with Kristen and Ben for supper, so we said good bye to Kathy and her family and then headed over to ride IASW, grabbed a FP for Peter Pan's Flight, and Mickey's Philharmagic. Soon it was time for the parade, so we got a snack-gotta love the DP! and lined up for the parade. We got a nice shady spot, but had to stand, which was okay, because there was a rail to lean on. The parade was nice. There was a family just down from us that were extremely annoying. They were yelling and screaming at all of the characters, to the point that they were drowning out the music, but, boy did they get attention! (Ironically, we had the opportunity to be across the street from this same lovely family a few days prior at the MGM parade-UGH!)

After the parade, we went to PP for our FP and then did some shopping on Main Street while we waited for our 5:30PM ressie with Kristen and Ben at the Plaza restaurant. Colby bought a bunch of jibbitz for his crocs, Kaylee wanted a pillow and DM got a tank top. DH and I did not buy too much this trip, as we had spent quite a bit on our last trip in May. We also grabbed our loot bags and bracelets for the P&PP.

We had never eaten at the Plaza. The portions were generous and the food was very good. It was so nice to sit down with Kristen and Ben and get to know each other a little more. We had a lovely dinner. After our meal, it was time to get ready for the P&PP party so we said good bye to Kristen and Ben, and went to change. DH dressed as Captain Jack, DD as Jasmine and DS as a pirate as well. DM and I wore tiaras.

First we did Monsters, Inc. While waiting, Colby asked me to text his joke in, which I did (I am not a quick texter so I am glad I made it before the doors opened). We sat in the middle right, and DH and I were put on camera. DH needed a hug, and they came to me for a joke-talk about on demand!! I coudn't think of anything that quick, so I came up with a silly knock knock joke, which, my family thought was pretty funny! Colby was so excited when his joke made it to the floor!!

From MI, we headed to Buzz Lightyear. DM even hit a few targets! After, we danced some with the great music by the DJ in Tomorrowland-he played some great music and Kaylee loved letting loose! We were going to wait for Pirate Mickey, but the line was soooo long, that we decided otherwise. Next, it was over to Fantasyland for Dumbo, and to Sebastian's dance party. While we were on Dumbo, we saw Cinderella's wicked step family, and tried to see them after, but they had closed the line.

Kaylee was on her way to sleep by this time, so she and DM waited at Pecos Bills while DH, DS and I rode Splash Mountain-another first for Colby-and guess who was nervous-MOM!! He loved it and once again wanted to ride a second time. While we were riding, the fireworks went off and unfortunately, we missed most of them. Then it was over to POTC and then to line up for the late parade. After, we were all pooped, so we headed back to the resort. What a great day!!

With this having been our 1st hard ticketed event, we did learn a few things. Next time we will stick more with the character lines and worry less about the rides. It was hard to beat a 10 minute wait on Dumbo and Splash, though!!

krose78
08-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Sounds like a fun day. A ten min. wait on Dumbo is definately a good thing that is the only ride we have never been on because of the wait.

faline
08-28-2007, 02:46 PM
It is unfortunate that you missed the fireworks at the party. They are really spectacular! Other than that, you certainly had a wonderful day - mini-meet and all!

Lizzie
08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Sounds like a great party. Thanks for the report.

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Karen, I know it's not the same, but I do have some cool pictures of the fireworks from the 11th P&PP in my trip report - day one. Check them out.

I understand about Buzz, good for Mom!!:number1: I can't ever seem to get more than 20,000 points myself. Willful and Shannon beat us up with their 225,000 + points. I can't hit the broad side of a bahn.

I'm so glad that Kaylee got to let loose. That music is so...so....let loosie, (yeah, I cannot come up with a better bunch of words 'cuz I'm at school right now and my brain is fried with chemistry and philosophy) that even I let a few moves out on the dance floor. So to speak.

Sounds like you guys had great fun. Do you have pictures? I'ld love to see them.

Ben and I really enjoyed meeting you and your family. Tell everyone :hi: for us!

Beach Club Babe
08-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Sounds like you enjoyed the P&P Party! We were there as well! Too bad I couldn't meet up you at your earlier meet!

iheartmickey
08-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Sounds like you all had a fantastic day. It sounds like the party was worth it ... just to ride Dumbo with a 10 min wait! :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing. :mickey:

gauvin4
08-29-2007, 08:18 AM
P&PP sounds like fun!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

DisneyWhirled
08-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Karen, I know it's not the same, but I do have some cool pictures of the fireworks from the 11th P&PP in my trip report - day one. Check them out.

I understand about Buzz, good for Mom!!:number1: I can't ever seem to get more than 20,000 points myself. Willful and Shannon beat us up with their 225,000 + points. I can't hit the broad side of a bahn.

I'm so glad that Kaylee got to let loose. That music is so...so....let loosie, (yeah, I cannot come up with a better bunch of words 'cuz I'm at school right now and my brain is fried with chemistry and philosophy) that even I let a few moves out on the dance floor. So to speak.

Sounds like you guys had great fun. Do you have pictures? I'ld love to see them.

Ben and I really enjoyed meeting you and your family. Tell everyone :hi: for us!

Hi Kristen!

Yes, we do have pics, which I have loaded to snap fish, I just have to figure out how to post the link....

I love what you did in your posts by linking the picture to the discussion, how cool!!

January-2007
08-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the trip report.