PDA

View Full Version : Grocery delivery!

mjesq
08-28-2007, 12:17 PM
We are planning 8d/7n at the Wilderness in Jan/Feb on the dining plan. Since none of us are big breakfast eaters - usually cereal and juice with fruit for the kids, coffee for me and juice for dh - I am planning to have the basics delivered by a grocery store to the resort.

Anyone done this? Any suggestion re which company to use? There are 2 or 3 that I've found on the net and all are very reasonable in price. Also, I am assuming that the front desk has a place to store things like milk and yogurt if it's delivered early ...??? We are arriving fairly early but obviously won't be checking in until 3.

As always - all thoughts and ideas are appreciated!:mickey:

chick20679
08-28-2007, 08:44 PM
I've never used any grocery delivery service, but I am looking into it for our trip as well... I'm not sure that bell services has any place to store perishables though... I believe, however, the companies that offer delivery service (that I've read about anyway) will coordinate delivery with you (normally a two-hour time frame) so maybe if you're planning on ordering dairy products and other things that need refridgaration (sp?) you should coordinate with the grocery delivery company to drop off after official check in time, just in case. We're just planning on ordering some snacks and some 'adult' beverages so spoilage won't really affect us.
I can't wait to see what others experiences are though....

faline
08-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Bell services will refrigerate perishables for you if you have them delivered to your resort before your room is ready for you.

Beast_fanatic
08-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Also, you can check into a Disney resort at any time - you don't have to wait until 3pm. If your room is not ready, they'll give you a number to call later in the day to find out your room number. If your room is ready though, you can go ahead and go get settled in.

playdead88
08-29-2007, 07:46 AM
garden grocer is awesome! :mickey:

alex61821
08-29-2007, 02:01 PM
we used garden grocer last year and had no problems at all, i would highly recommend that service. we got diapers and all kids of things from them, rather than packing them.

Momof2boys
08-29-2007, 02:04 PM
We used Garden Grocer on our last trip & loved them ! They called to see if we were in our room & delivered our items right to us. The cold items were in a freezer type bag so they were still cold. We ordered breakfast items, water, soda (no refillable mugs at the Poly due to construction), string cheese, and sugar free jello for DS9 who is diabetic.

We're already planning on using them again this October.

NJMan66
08-29-2007, 04:03 PM
garden grocer is awesome! :mickey:

Used them 3 times before and will be using them again next week. They're prompt, efficient and not overly expensive.

mjesq
08-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks SO much everyone! :tink: