PDA

View Full Version : Vacation in November, now back in December, this is NUTS!

mouseketeer mom
08-28-2007, 11:09 AM
We have had our Thanksgiving week trip booked for a long time now, worked hard on ADR's, everythings in place!
Now last nite I discovered my DD will be competing USA gymnastics at Coronado Springs resort Dec. 28th thru the 30th. We're going back again! There are 5 of us, so I guess I have to book 2 rooms at CSR! Yikes! Also, not knowing her meet schedule or anything, I can't do ADR's or anything else! I'm nervous about spending all of this money again and also about going during this busy time of year! I guess we have to arrive a day before, (on the 27th..and depart either New Years Eve, (but why bother at that point) or New Years DAy., or even the day after. Any suggestions? Also what about New Years EVe? Total bedlam, right?

Tink's Mom
08-28-2007, 12:27 PM
First, congratulations to your DD! If you need to be there on those dates, heck, you might as well stay for New Years Eve. It will be unbelievably crowded though. We were there that same week a year ago, and it was so busy you could barely walk. It looked like a sea of people! As far as ADR's go, if you have the ones you like in Nov, just eat counter serivce on your Dec trip. That will also help you save some money. By the way, I almost have DH talked into going for Thanksgiving. We could be there at the same time. :)

DisneyDudet
08-28-2007, 01:03 PM
I would def go again, but I would hold off on the ADR's. You could go and not do any ADR's. We always eat CS, and it saves us quite a bit of money and time. At that time of year, you will want time!

If you want to be there during NYE fireworks, why not watch the MK fireworks from the Poly beach?

You are not nuts. I went in December 2005 and then Jan 2006. Got to see a baby elephant that was born during out Dec trip! CRAZY!!

You're just LUCKY!