PDA

View Full Version : Breakfastosaurus we hardly knew ye

Haku
08-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Is anyone else bummed to see Donald's Prehistoric Breakfastosaurus is being discontinued? That was my favorite character breakfast.

Mandykay
08-28-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm very bummed:( We did this character breakfast 7 or 8 times, and always had good food and decent service. It was great having an ADR before park opening so we were already inside and ready to go when the "rope dropped." I wonder if Tusker house will have the trick ketchup bottle:D

Strmchsr
08-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Definitely. We loved the dinosaur theme. DS couldn't wait to eat there.

#1donaldfan
08-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Out of the last several years we missed this one until this past June.....man, ol' man what a mistake.....we all absolutely loved it....the theme, food, service and being just behind the rope to get on EE first........it was the biggest thing for the kids and me, to be the first ones to ride EE and be in the front......they thought they were royalty......

DizneyRox
08-28-2007, 01:09 PM
I've always said it's one of the best Character Meals on property. Hopefully it will transfer over well to Tusker House. AK seems to do things right more than not.

Momof2boys
08-28-2007, 01:20 PM
I won't be sad to see it go. We ate there on our first family trip and it is still our worst dining experience at WDW (tied with Mama Melrose). The whole experience left MUCH to be desired.

tink'72
08-28-2007, 01:47 PM
I did hear though that they were moving it to the Tusker house???

If that is not the case I will be so bummed :( We have eaten there every time we went. I always heard mixed reviews about the Donald Duck breakfast but we went EVERY time and LOVED it. Had great service and character interaction...

ElenitaB
08-28-2007, 03:37 PM
We had great character interaction there when we went in 2004. I really loved the theming of the restaurant but doubt if I'll ever head over there to have McD's.

wdwfansince75
08-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Our clan will miss it greatly....had several fun filled breakfasts there. Only complaint is that our party is usually so large that we have a longer than usual waiting period. My observation is that there were so many nooks and crannies with low numbers of tables that they had trouble with larger parties. Perhaps the move will fix that problem, as the Safari Breakfast will be in a larger structure.

Food was always good, and plentiful. Characters were approachable, and generous with their time. And the wait staff, from our experince, were outstanding.

Hope this is just a change of venue, rather than a wholesale change of concept. Because of its location, I anticipate that the new venue will eventually become a B and D buffet, giving DAK a second table service resturant.

LoriMistress
08-28-2007, 06:22 PM
I've only eaten there once. Their food was at best, okay. There were little interaction time with the characters and the food was bland. I was disappointed because I love Donald and I was hoping the restaurant would be good. And it wasn't.

Natazu
08-29-2007, 03:58 AM
Not at all sad to see it go. I always though it was kind of rushed with so-so food. I'll take Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's over McDonald's any day.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-29-2007, 06:38 PM
We had the charater breakfast here several times in the past. We never had complaints. The food was good, a nice variety. The characters and the waitstaff were all very nice and interacted well with the children. I will miss it. Sorry to those who did not have a good experience. We never ate McD's here.

KevGuy
08-30-2007, 12:13 AM
We had our first character meal experience there last April and let me tell you it was simply fantastic. We really felt the magic there and the server guy named Neil from NY was the best person we met there hands down. He made us all feel so special, amused and had us laughing the whole time, made sure we got pics of the whole family not just the kids with the characters, and the food itself was fabulous. Leaving there and heading off into the first day at Disney at AK, we truly felt like our dreams were coming true and believe me they surely did. I will miss the cozy place and most of all one of the people who made it so special. I hope I run into Neil again perhaps at the new place they are hosting the similar breakfast at now, but without a doubt we will always have the memory of that day, that time, that place for a lifetime!:thumbsup:

katzctkpt
08-30-2007, 02:22 AM
We've had several character dinings over the past 4 yrs and besides chef mickey this was up there with it. The food was very good better than the crystal palace which I'll not do that one again. I hope that they move this breakfast to another location at AK and hope that the menu taste the same. :thumbsup:

brownie
08-30-2007, 11:20 AM
That's a bummer, but at least we were able to experience it once. It wouldn't be our favorite, but we did enjoy it and we had great service from our service. I even had to get the fake ketchup and mustard bottles he used on us. The food was okay as I remember it, but we did have fun and enjoy ourselves at it.