PDA

View Full Version : Rose & Crown ADR for Illuminations

brewcrew26
08-28-2007, 10:45 AM
I know you can't specifically ask for a patio seat when making your ADR. But, is there a time that you would recommend so you can get a seat for Illuminations?

I have no problem with waiting a bit for a patio seat to open up. But, do they also let guests inside the restaurant go outside to watch the show or does that bother people?

tink2006
08-28-2007, 12:01 PM
We recently had ADRs for 7:30. This was a little late. All the patio tables were already taken :(
You can no longer wait for a patio table to become available. When your ADR is up, you must take the table offered. They do have a standing room only "patio" area for the indoor guests - Just let your waiter know.

sgdisney
08-28-2007, 12:40 PM
We recently had a 7:40 ADR, but arrived around 7:20 and were seated inside by 7:30. We had just finished and paid the bill around 8:55, and were taken outside to an area that is JUST for inside dinner diners. The view form there was as good as from the outside tables and since it had been a very hot day, having dinner inside the AC was not so bad!

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2007, 05:02 PM
We just got back from a week in the world and had a 740 adr for R&C. We checked in about 30 minutes early and asked for an outside table. Within 20 minutes we were seated at a patio table along the lagoon.

All I can say is ask. What's the worst that will happen? They say NO?

Good luck!:mickey:

TammiMcMan
08-29-2007, 01:47 AM
There are so few outdoor tables with an unobstructed view, that it really is luck of the draw. We've eaten there quite often and while it was once a well kept secret, now everyone knows about it. First they took away the option to request a patio table when you made your reservation and a few years ago, they stopped allowing guests to "wait". I've seen people get seated at 6:30 and then spend the next 2 1/2 hours nesting. I also witnessed one group of 4 who were shown to an inside table. When they noticed a patio table next to us had opened up, they took their menus and came outside. The hostess was beside herself, but they refused to leave even though the table hadn't even been cleaned yet. The key ADR time seems to be around 7:30, but everyone with an ADR after 7pm is hoping for an outside table.

TiggerTopper
08-29-2007, 07:59 AM
:confused: I have my ADR in December at Rose at 8:30 - only time available (Illuminations starts at 9:30 in Dec) - While it will be great to sit outside - I am not counting on it being available. Will I be able to go outside with my drink :beer: watch the show - then return to finish my meal?

TammiMcMan
08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Will I be able to go outside with my drink :beer: watch the show - then return to finish my meal?Yes you can.