PDA

View Full Version : UPS question for resort (yes, another one!)

Dicecatt262
08-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Another thread got me thinking, and instead of hijacking theirs, I thought I'd start my own.

Packing is stressing me out mainly because of our Halloween Costumes! They are huge! We arrive at the Poly on the 8th and don't have the party until the 14th, so if I had someone at my office overnight a package to me on the 7th, that would give plenty of time for arrival. I have sent packages to other people before, just not to myself. I also have gift baskets for 3 of our Grand Gathering member's children that I could ship.

Here is my question. How do I get the costumes back? Can I prepare a label and have it picked up at the resort? We are Poly concierge guests if that matters at all. Is it a big deal to ship something from the resort? It would save us a couple of bags to haul and since we are a family of 6 including a toddler that has a lot of junk.

gueli
08-28-2007, 10:32 AM
You do not need to overnight it. Pack it, ship it down include your name & reservation #, when your dates of stay are. If they recieve it before you arrive, they will hold the package for you & when you check in they should have it. It should save you some expense.
I know we have a package ready to ship down, & I will be mailing it within a few days (all sorts of minor stuff that we will just want when we get there.
I am curious about the return pickup. If no one here has an answer, you should call the poly directly and perhaps they could have an answer.
Do let me know.
we are also staying at the poly starting sep 12th. 'see you there'
gueli
:mickey:

Dicecatt262
08-28-2007, 10:40 AM
You do not need to overnight it. Pack it, ship it down include your name & reservation #, when your dates of stay are. If they recieve it before you arrive, they will hold the package for you & when you check in they should have it. It should save you some expense.
I know we have a package ready to ship down, & I will be mailing it within a few days (all sorts of minor stuff that we will just want when we get there.
I am curious about the return pickup. If no one here has an answer, you should call the poly directly and perhaps they could have an answer.
Do let me know.
we are also staying at the poly starting sep 12th. 'see you there'
gueli
:mickey:

I thought I'd let you know, on the 12th, I am hosting a Tour Guide Mike fireworks meet on the Poly beach...I'll PM you with the details in case you are interested.

I just emailed the Itinerary planners to see what they would say about shipping from the resort. It can't be that hard and would really save us a lot of hauling around. The baby requires so much darn equipment!

disneycouple2004
08-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Here is the info for having UPS pickup your packages using a call tag.(this will save you some money) or you can just have the resort ship it for you..cost a little more..this link explains it all..we do this every year works like a charm..:thumbsup:

http://pressroom.ups.com/mediakits/factsheet/0,2305,759,00.html?mkname=ecommerce

wendy*darling
08-28-2007, 12:17 PM
I have shipped things to and from the resorts in the past.
#1- Make sure you use UPS or FedEx. Do not use the US mail to ship to the resort, because it will go to a clearinghouse before it gets to your resort. That can take several days.

#2- When you pack your box, get an extra shipping label from UPS if you want. Or, the Front Desk/Concierge will have them for you. Just re-pack your box and bring it down to the Front Desk when you are leaving (or have Bell Services do it when they pick up your luggage.) You will be able to complete the UPS/FedEx transaction with the CM at the Front Desk.

I usually made an return label that I put on the box as an added ID- not necessary, it just made me feel better.

It's really very easy to do. UPS & FedEx are at the resorts daily- so delivering and shipping are common occurrences for the CMs.

And no, it does not make any difference if you are staying at the Concierge Level or in a Value Resort- everyone can do the same thing at their resort's Front Desk.

DebC
08-28-2007, 12:59 PM
I shipped many items down in the past using UPS. I address my shipment to the Polynesian Concierge with my name and "Guest" just below it.

The Concierge receives my package and it is usually in my room when I check in, if not, they have it downstairs in the Hawaii building for me, no need to go stand at the front desk.

Shipping things home is just as easy, rebox and label and the concierge will ship it for you.
Don't forget to include your name and address inside the box, just in case the shipping tag gets torn.

Have fun

Deb