PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service Meals

Jamnx
08-28-2007, 09:49 AM
What are some of the best counter service meal locations in each of the parks??

Rodders
08-28-2007, 10:36 AM
My DW and I love Cosmic Rays in MK.

We also enjoyed La Cantina De San Angel at Epcot and Sunshine Season Food Fair in the Land Pavillion

We also enjoyed the Chicken and Noodles in AK somewhere but I can't remember the name. Someone with a good memory on here will know.

At MGM... er.... Disney Studios... I really liked the Studios Catering Co. Flatbread Grill.

Bon appetit :thumbsup:

CleveSJM
08-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Cosmic Rays and Pecos Bills in MK.
America in the World Showcase and Seasons in the Land at Epcot.
Pizza Planet and Backlot Express at Studios.
Nothing I can recommend at AK.

martinfamily5
08-28-2007, 10:49 AM
We loved Tusker House at AK, but I guess that it is no longer.

brewcrew26
08-28-2007, 10:53 AM
MK - Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland (I love watching the animatronics, and the food's good) or Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square -- if you're in the mood for some decent seafood

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons at the Land (they used to have this wicked good veggie lasagna at one of the kiosks and another had smoothies with gummi bears that was SOOOO good!)

MGM - Pizza Planet (it's just like being in the movie)

AK - I don't really have a favorite since I've only been once (sorry!)

brewcrew26
08-28-2007, 10:54 AM
P.S. welcome to Intercot! Looks like you're a newbie!! :mickey:

goofiecrazy
08-28-2007, 11:02 AM
MK Cosmic Rays and Peco Bills
AK the Mcdonalds
MGM we havent found one yet
Epcot The Electric Umbrella and the one in America in the countries

septembergirl
08-28-2007, 12:46 PM
MK - Columbia Harbor House (stay away from the fried stuff though)
MGM - Pizza Planet is fun especially if you have kids and the food is decent
EP - Snack around the World Showcase (you will have fun and discover some delicious favorites of your own)
AK - ???

Momof2boys
08-28-2007, 12:56 PM
We really enjoy Flame Tree BBQ at AK. It's at the Studios where we can't find decent counter service.

jwallace378
08-28-2007, 01:02 PM
MK- Cosmic Rays, Caseys (if u like hotdogs)
Epcot- Sunshine Fair(The Land), Cantina (Mexico)
MGM- Backlot Express
AK- none

Disney Doll
08-28-2007, 01:31 PM
MK- Cosmic Rays for rotisserie chicken

EPCOT- Sunshine Seasons is good, but it's hard to pass up all the dining in World Showcase. We always have a ham and cheese croissant from the French bakery.

MGM- need more options here. We have enjoyed Starring Rolls for sandwiches

AK- We really like Flame Tree BBQ. I'm surprised more people didn't recommend this one.

DisneyDreamer1963
08-28-2007, 01:57 PM
For us it used to be the Tusker House in the AK, but that is now changing over to a buffet style restuarant. We also liked the choices over in the Land pavillion at Epcot.:mickey:

Alpha Jeanie
08-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Epcot Future World: Electric Umbrella in the Innoventions area

Magic Kingdom: Pecos Bills in Frontierland

MGM: Pizza Planet

mouseaddict
08-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Animal Kingdom: I love Flame Tree..the food is always great and you get your money's worth!
At Epcot I really like Tangierine cafe in Morocco..delicious. I did not enjoy the Cantina at all...
MGM I am one of the few that likes the ABC Commissary
Magic Kingdom..I love Columbia Harbour house..but my kids do not. They only serve mac and cheese or a chicken salad..my kids do not like either of the choices.

julyjewel
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Welcome to Intercot!:mickey: Cosmic Ray's is a must. However, beware of the Cantina in Epcot. Eventhough it is counter sercice the wait can be long. A few weeks ago when I was there, it was a 40 min wait to get your food.

Aggie97
08-28-2007, 02:57 PM
MK - Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bill Cafe for burgers; Casey's Corner for hot dogs

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons food court at The Land; Cantina de San Angel at Mexico (there's a margarita stand nearby too!); Tangierine Cafe at Morocco

AK - Flame Tree BBQ

MGM - none

poeticeclipse
08-28-2007, 03:46 PM
AK: Tusker House but that won't be there much longer... not even sure if it is still there now. I wouldn't recommened much else other than that at AK.

Epcot: Yorkshire Fish and Chips in England. Sunshine Seasons (my personal favorite).

Studios: Pizza Planet

MK: Pecos Bill's

mvelez15
08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
MK- Columbia Harbour House is my famiy's all time favorite the chicken and fish combo..mmmmmmmmm

Epcot-Yakitori-the japanophile in me

MGM-no real fav

AK ---Tusker:( you will be missed

KylesMom
08-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Columbia Harbour House, Casey's, Pinocchio's Village Haus, Pecos Bill's and The Lunching Pad in Magic Kingdom; Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom; Liberty Inn in Epcot; Backlot Express in Disney-Hollywood Studios.

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2007, 04:56 PM
MK - Cosmic Ray's

AK - Flame Tree BBQ

Epcot - Yorkshire Fish

Studios - Rosie's

mrsHerbie53
08-28-2007, 06:21 PM
MK: Another Cosmic Ray's family!
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons
MGM: Backlot Express, ABC Commissary
AK: Flame Tree BBQ

Joy2theworld
08-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Magic Kingdom- Columbia House... love the chicken strips! I thought those were available for kids too and not just mac and cheese and chicken salad, but I might be wrong. The chicken and rib combo at Cosmic Rays is pretty good too.

EPCOT- we prefer table service here, but the places in the Land used to be our favorite. We haven't tried it since it has been redone though since we've been eating at the restaurants. I was a fan of Fountainview Cafe though.

MGM- prefer not to eat there in general

AK- Flame Tree BBQ or Tusker House... Tusker House has a decent breakfast which is nice when you are waiting for your fast pass time for the safari.

Jared
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
In Magic Kingdom, I really like Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square. The restaurant offers unappealing fried selections, but some of the other sandwiches are quite good. I particularly like the one with hummus, broccoli slaw and tomato. The New England clam chowder is also delicious.

Certain World Showcase pavilions have solid counter service places, but I always eat at Sunshine Seasons Food Fair in the Land. This restaurant has a very diverse menus with several stations. I enjoy the turkey foccacia and all the desserts from the bakery section.

The Disney-MGM Studios really struggles to produce a single solid counter service eatery. My family tries to avoid all the options.

Tusker House Restaurant was my favorite place in Animal Kingdom, but it is being converted into a table service restaurant. Flame Tree Barbecue is supposedly equally delicious, but the menu does not appeal to my family.

JPL
08-28-2007, 09:31 PM
MK Cosmic Rays (Gotta love Sonny:thumbsup: )

Epcot Sunshine Seasons or Electric Umbrella

MGM Backlot Express

AK Flame Tree BBQ (Avoid Restaurantasaurus at all costs :sick: )

Darbylew
08-28-2007, 09:52 PM
MK - Cosmic Ray's - Pecos Bill's
AK - Flame Tree - Pizzafari
MGM - Backlot Express - Pizza Planet
Epcot - Seasons Food Court - Liberty Inn

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2007! :mickey: :D

JCDarzi
08-28-2007, 11:46 PM
MK - Nothing stands out for us...maybe Columbia Harbour House

EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons (i think that's the name) in the Land pavilion and Boulanger Patisserie in World Showcase, France. (Waits can be very long though!)

AK - Flame Tree BBQ - food and setting very nice. We also liked Tusker House

MGM - Not a big standout but maybe Starring Rolls

ElenitaB
08-29-2007, 09:20 AM
MK — Cosmic Ray's or Columbia Harbor House.

Epcot — Sunshine Seasons or Tangierine Cafe

Disney Studios — Backlot Express

AK — Sad to see Tusker House go. Hoping that Yak & Yeti will have an appealing menu. If not, we just might be taking a mid-day break at AKL to eat at their food court.