PDA

View Full Version : Confusion re: under 3 on the DDP!

Jen C.
08-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Ok~I must be drawing a blank...:blush: I get that my 18 month old is not eligible to participate in the DDP. I also get thtat she is able to share off of our plates. I also get that she can eat "free" at buffets. My question is regarding drinks. Do I pay for her drink OOP at buffets? Also, do the same buffet rules for under 3, also apply to family style establishments such as Ohana, and LTT?

Thanks guys!

disneyfan328
08-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Basically I believe that for the under 3 crowd it works this way - If you order anything for him/her, then you pay oop for it - whether its a drink or a meal doesn't matter. You are free to order whatever you want for them, but since they can't participate in the DDP anything you order would be paid for OOP.

I believe that this applies to any of the restaurants as well. If you order off the menu then it will be OOP - if they are just sharing off your plate (as in family style at LTT) or off the buffett there would be no charge - only for the drink if you ordered one.

Good luck and have a great trip!!:D

mook3y
08-28-2007, 09:49 AM
We took our DD twice on the DDP before she turned 3.

She was given a free drink at every restaurant that we ate at.

As stated above you pay OOP for food if you order her a seperate meal. We never had to because there was ALWAYS more than enough food and she was not a picky eater.

Ohana, LTT, etc yes, just like a buffett. She eats free.

AmberB
08-28-2007, 10:49 AM
We were on the DDP with two 2.5 year olds and we never paid for their drinks ate table service restaurants. I don't think we ever ordered drinks for them at CS restaurant, so I'm not sure if they would charge for drinks or not.

There was always plenty of food on our plates to share, so we never thought it was necessary to order something separate for the boys.

tyandskyesmom
08-28-2007, 03:03 PM
When we wer at CP when Skye was 20 months old she had her sippy cup with juice in it and the waiter actually told us to go ahead and order her a drink anyway...he brought out the whole bottle of apple juice and gave it to us...you know the ones they sell in the food courts...the little bottles. But that covered two or three sippy cups of juice for her since we water them down. And best part was it was FREE!

Don't count on it because I am sure they are able to charge if they wanted to but i don't think at most places that they would charge for the drink on an under 3 year old...no where we went that trip did.