PDA

View Full Version : How to get from ASMU to CR for ADR?

Patti_C
08-27-2007, 09:49 PM
I am just trying to get all this figured out before we leave for WDW. The first morning we are there we have a ts at Chef Mickey's, and I want to know how to get there from ASMU? The reservation is for 10:40, so what time would we have to leave to get there? Thanks so much.::confused:

Joy2theworld
08-27-2007, 09:57 PM
It is quite simple actually. Just take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and when you get off, hop on the monorail to the Contemporary Resort. I'm not sure what time of year you are going, so, I don't know what the wait for the bus will be like in the morning, but I would think if you hopped on the bus by 9 or 9:15 you would have lots of time and could maybe explore the shops in the Contemporary or something. We had a similar time last year and spent a few hours in the park before heading over.

tyandskyesmom
08-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I would (and have) take the bus from ASMu at about 9am to Epcot and take the resort monorail to CR. You did not mention when you will be in the World but I am assuming it will be in the near future and normally when we have been there the wait for an Epcot bus is less than for a MK bus. Plus the ride is shorter. Also, at that time of the morning there should not yet be too much of a crowd going from Epcot to the resorts so maybe you could get a front seat in the monorail. Plus there is just something great about heading around the MK area on the monorail...it's an attraction in and of itself!

Jared
08-28-2007, 03:36 PM
I would (and have) take the bus from ASMu at about 9am to Epcot and take the resort monorail to CR. This is definitely not the fastest route. If you take the bus to Epcot, the monorail goes to the Transportation and Ticket Center. You will have to transfer onto a second monorail to reach the Contemporary.

The first poster offered the best solution. Take the bus from your hotel to Magic Kingdom. You could either take the monorail one stop or simply walk 10 minutes. My family stayed at the Contemporary twice and always walked back and forth from the park.

KylesMom
08-28-2007, 05:00 PM
The first poster offered the best solution. Take the bus from your hotel to Magic Kingdom. You could either take the monorail one stop or simply walk 10 minutes. My family stayed at the Contemporary twice and always walked back and forth from the park.

Agreed - we usually walk from MK to CR. The walkway to CR is about the same distance as walking from the bus stop up to the monorail platform. OK, maybe a little longer, but not much!

If you left ASMU at 9:40 & were dropped off @ MK by 10:00, you would exit the bus and follow the sidewalk to the right when you're facing the MK entrance. CR is a 10-minute walk up the sidewalk if that. Just in case the bus is delayed @ ASMU, I would give yourself the full hour to get there.

Take the elevator/escalator to the 4th floor and you're there! You'll have your family picture taken, and then you'll be seated. :mickey: Enjoy!

tyandskyesmom
08-29-2007, 01:58 PM
This is definitely not the fastest route. If you take the bus to Epcot, the monorail goes to the Transportation and Ticket Center. You will have to transfer onto a second monorail to reach the Contemporary.

If you notice, the first poster did not say they wanted the fastest option for getting there. I was just giving another option and the one I would use for the most enjoyable way of getting there, in my opinion.

I, in no way, suggested it was the fastest way nor did i say the first answer was not correct or a good option...just giving another option.

Patti_C
08-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the directions! We are leaving in 21 days!!