PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway Season 4

PirateLover
08-27-2007, 09:00 PM
PR will FINALLY debut on Bravo on November 14th. This is according to an announcement on Heidi Klum's website. She says it is the best season yet... but she has to say that, doesn't she? lol. I'm just excited we finally have a date. Yay!

Melanie
08-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Wonder why the delay this season? Regardless, I'm happy it's on the schedule. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long. I really enjoy this show!

PirateLover
08-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I think there was a combination of factors. I know it took a while for Tim Gunn's contract to be renegotiated... and then he was filming his new show, Tim Gunn's guide to style... so auditions weren't even held till the summer. I was also disappointed in the delay.

kaerbear178
08-27-2007, 09:45 PM
I didn't think it was going to happen so I am very excited! I love this show and can't wait for it to start up again!

NotaGeek
08-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Wonder why the delay this season? Regardless, I'm happy it's on the schedule. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long. I really enjoy this show!
Well you know I am up on my gossip... Tim Gunn is presently doing his own show and they either had to wait for him to end the taping or his contract wouldn't allow for him to be on Runway. They realized his huge following and delayed taping so he could return to his advising position.

Melanie
08-28-2007, 12:47 AM
They realized his huge following and delayed taping so he could return to his advising position.

I'm so glad they did delay the taping for him, because it just wouldn't be the same without Tim in the workroom. :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
08-28-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm so glad they did delay the taping for him, because it just wouldn't be the same without Tim in the workroom. :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more.:thumbsup:

murphy1
08-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks for letting us know!! I will be watching as most of you know. I am so up to my ears in fabric and my sewing machine right now, I feel like I'm on the show! I would love to have tried out this season, I really enjoy designing and sewing. Can't wait to see who the standouts are! Oh, TIm Gunn, there would not be much of a show w/o him, I just love the way he stares at the garment and then gives his view.

PirateLover
08-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks for letting us know!! I will be watching as most of you know. I am so up to my ears in fabric and my sewing machine right now, I feel like I'm on the show! I would love to have tried out this season, I really enjoy designing and sewing. Can't wait to see who the standouts are! Oh, TIm Gunn, there would not be much of a show w/o him, I just love the way he stares at the garment and then gives his view.

Shari, I'd love to to see you on the show!!! Your designs are always adorable and I love how your halloween costumes are coming along. And I definitely agree with all of you- there would be no PR without Tim "Carry On" Gunn.

murphy1
08-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Haha, I would probably get Auf'd first!! When I watch, I always see myself in the middle of all of them, like not as good as some but I like my stuff better than some. I'd be Uli and doing prints probably, I love those!!

Melanie
09-27-2007, 07:47 PM
From E! Online

Project Runway Back for Fourths

The time has come to work it out on another season of Project Runway.

The fourth season of the fashion-forward series premieres on Bravo Nov. 14, the network announced Thursday.

Supermodel Heidi Klum will again be joined by Nina Garcia, Michael Kors and Tim Gunn as they put the latest crop of aspiring designers through their paces.

"It is very exciting to be going into our fourth season of Project Runway, and I think it will be the best season yet—I'm sure the audience will enjoy it," Klum said. "Fashion is such a difficult business, and besides being great TV, we're proud that the show allows some very talented designers to have a platform."

The 15 designers will compete in a variety of clothing-related challenges, with one contestant getting voted off each week. The finalists will have the chance to show off their designs at New York Fashion Week.

The winner will be the subject of an editorial feature in Elle magazine, take home a $100,000 prize to put towards their own line, and will have the opportunity to design a collection for Bluefly.com. He or she will be awarded a 2008 Saturn Astra.

Here's a rundown of the aspiring designers who will be wielding their needles on this season of Project Runway:

Carmen, 37: Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina; Resides in New York
Chris, 44: Hometown: San Francisco; Resides in New York
Christian, 21: Hometown: Annapolis, Maryland; Resides in New York
Elisa, 42: Hometown: El Paso, Texas; Resides in Santa Fe, New Mexico
Jack, 38: Hometown: Seattle; Resides in New York
Jillian, 26: Hometown/Resides In: Long Island, New York
Kevin, 30: Hometown: Fairfield, New Jersey; Resides in New York
Kit, 26: Hometown/Resides in: Los Angeles
Marion, 39: Hometown: Tyler, Texas; Resides in Dallas
Rami, 31: Hometown: Ramallah, Jerusalem; Resides in Los Angeles
Ricky, 35: Hometown: Escondido, California; Resides in New York
Simone, 32: Hometown: San Francisco; Resides in Los Angeles
Steven, 30: Hometown/Resides in: Chicago
Sweet P, 46: Hometown: Los Angeles: Resides in Glendale, California
Victorya, 34: Hometown: Winchester, Virginia; Resides in New York

---------------------------

Can't wait!!!! :knit:

prprincess
09-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Yay! I'm definitely looking forward to this season. And subscribing to this thread, too. I can't wait to discuss!

PirateLover
09-27-2007, 10:41 PM
I actually posted about this a few weeks ago (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114047&highlight=project+runway)... But it's great to have more concrete info and all the names of the designers! Apparently Sweet P is friends with Jeffrey Sebelia from last season and he encouraged her to try out.
I for one cannot wait. Loving Top Chef in the meantime... I love these Bravo reality shows.

TheDuckRocks
09-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I have also become a big fan of the Bravo reality shows. I'm very much looking forward to Project Runway getting started again.
Have any of you been watching Tim Gunn's show? Laura from season 3 was on last week and is ready to release her clothing line. It was nice to see she still is doing very beautiful things.
BTW, anybody know whatever happened to Jeffery from last year or Jay from season 1?

murphy1
11-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Woohoo, November 14th at 10:00 pm. This gave me a lift since Sabrina got kicked off DWTS, I am looking forward to PR. Jillian was almost a contestant on the last time (she was on the Road to the Runway special last season), she seems to be one of the more prolific designers who is already standing out. I could get into serious trouble this season-Mood Fabrics now sells a bunch of their fabrics online and I have already been wish listing!

tennantsrwe
11-02-2007, 12:51 PM
HOORAY! Thanks for the info! I love PR, as well as some other reality shows on BRAVO! Can't wait!

murphy1
11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Woohoo, one more day!! I love this show!!

I have to tell you guys, I got hold of one the Nick Verrios Barbies, am waiting for it to come in the mail. Not letting the kids play with it. That was my favorite episode and I love Nick and his work.

PirateLover
11-13-2007, 11:08 PM
I was just coming on to bump the thread up for the premiere. It's SEW time!!!!!!!!!

prprincess
11-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Yay! Tonight's the night--I'm so excited!!

murphy1
11-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Yay, Nani's here, now we can all discuss tomorrow. I am just praying I can make it through the show, b/c I have been so tired lately and can't make it past 10 or 10:30 half the time!

prprincess
11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Yay, Nani's here, now we can all discuss tomorrow. I am just praying I can make it through the show, b/c I have been so tired lately and can't make it past 10 or 10:30 half the time!
Same problem here...everyone in my house is sick, so lately I've been collapsing from exhaustion around 9pm. But I'll try.

If not, I hope that Bravo will keep up the same schedule that they did for the past few seasons--air the episode on Thursdays at, I believe, 6pm.

TheDuckRocks
11-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm really looking forward to tonight! As the show is on at 10 PM I should be able to keep my eyes open long enough to see it tonight, but I"m recording it just to be safe.

PirateLover
11-15-2007, 12:00 AM
I was a tiny bit underwhelmed I must say. The fact that they had actual fabrics to work with as opposed to previous seasons (groceries, altering their own clothes, upholstery) made me expect a lot more from them.

I think my favorite right now is Chris. (The chubby costume design guy). I thought Christian's piece looked really ugly. At the end of the day as much as I liked Simone I think it was right to eliminate her because it's consistent with previous season. Lack of execution has been a major issue with these judges. I think Elyssa is really out there but from the front her garment looked beautiful. Why turn it into a peacock tripping disaster?

Here's hoping this season picks up a bit. From the preview at the end it certainly seems like there will be some controversy, which is what drives reality tv.

murphy1
11-15-2007, 07:46 AM
I really enjoyed watching, I was of course drooling over that fabric!! Most of it goes about average 40 or 50 yard and up, I was just dying when Elisa put it all on that model's tail, her dress was actually pretty, but the back was horrible, like Barbie Island Princess. I heard what Jack had to announce I think somewhere and that's going to be a tough one if true. I love Chris, too, he is really funny and also Jack and Rami were good on the runway. I need to see more of the girl's work, but I think Carmen and Victoria will be the stand-outs, there is already something about Jillian that I don't like, I think she will be the witchy one. Christian reminds me a lot of Austin Scarlett from Season One. I can't believe people would talk back to Tim Gunn, I never would anyway!

prprincess
11-15-2007, 09:49 AM
I was underwhelmed as well. And I can't honestly say that I like anyone's personality yet, or found anyone's design that great. I guess I'll just have to wait and see why Tim and Heidi are saying that this is the best group they've had yet.

I knew that it was going to be down to Elisa and Simone, and I knew they'd pick Elisa over Simone because already, people don't like her and are talking about her. And you know what that means--what PR producers just love--drama!!

TheDuckRocks
11-15-2007, 11:31 AM
And you know what that means--what PR producers just love--drama!!

This is one of the reasons I like the reality shows on Bravo...........the blurb at the end that flat out tells you that the producers have the final say-so on who goes and stays. So many things happen on other reality shows that you "just know" aren't on the up and up, but here they tell you how they have the final call if they want to.
Don't have all the names down yet but I did think the 2 in the bottom should have been there. IMO they both could have been sent packing and I would have understood.
I about had heart failure when Elisa took the sissors to that beautiful fabric like a demented lunatic.

murphy1
11-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Congrats to Kara Janx from Season 2, a new baby:

On Monday, November 12th, Kara Janx became the mother of a healthy, beautiful, baby girl!

Weighing in at 6 lbs. and 14 oz., the baby, and the mother and father, are doing well, and couldn't be happier.

IamBelle
11-16-2007, 09:12 PM
I think they have a lot of fresh talent this year. That girl that had the heavy train on her dress might be a little off her rocker though...i almost cried when she was grass staining the silk chiffon!

murphy1
11-17-2007, 02:00 PM
It struck me the other day that the dress Elisa did was still better than half the stuff Santino sent out!! Remember the horrible ice skating outfit or the jumpsuit, yuck!

NotaGeek
11-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Hmmm... I can't really ever decide about this show on the 1st or 2nd episode. Lots of drama queens this year ... should be fun. And the crazy earth/water goddess with the train that didn't quite flow as much as it just "plopped" out of the bottom of the dress was, uh, interesting. :confused:

Tim Gunn was fabulous as always.

Pipalotta
11-18-2007, 01:06 AM
I love Christian! He totally used to work at the hair salon I get my hair done at. I know some spoilers about this season but Ill still watch it when they repeat it a million times during the week. I cant be missing my Ghost Hunters on Wednesdays lol.

PirateLover
11-22-2007, 05:08 PM
OK so who watched this week's episode? I liked it much better than the season premiere. And FINALLY Sarah Jessica Parker was a guest judge! She seemed very genuine and nice... didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I thought it was a great overall challenge and it was interesting to see them work in pairs. This is always a tough one though because while the designers want to be picked to see their vision through, ultimately the one who designed the garment is the most vulnerable as we saw with Marion. "Pocahontas" was absolutely the first thing I thought of. Very bad choice.

I thought the top two garments were interesting but not things that I would wear as an "every day woman." My two favorites were probably Jack and Ricky's (red dress) and Kit and Chris's (black sweater dress with leggings). By the way, do you think Ricky is going to cry on every episode? Lol.

NotaGeek
11-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Christian bugs me SO much. Ugh.

I think that this season is really fun so far. SJP is fabulous, and I do think that the NYC Fashion community cracks me up ... "everyday woman" ... size 2? Girl, please. :ack:

murphy1
11-22-2007, 07:23 PM
I swear I haven't laughed so hard, the spit marker was too funny! At least she is interesting to watch and Sweet P was too funny. What the heck does "Out of the basement" mean Heidi?? i liked Ricky's outfit (the burgundy one??) but yes, the crying has got to stop. LOVE SJP, I still remember her from Square Pegs in the 80's!! She and Patrick Dempsey have turned out so great! If I made an outfit, I would have made slim black pants and a Pucci-type print top with longer sleeves, however they only had $15 to spend, I spend more to make my kid's clothes and Mood is expensive for fabric. How about when Kevin didn't shake her hand?? I guess he was nervous. I hope Chris March keeps going to the Final 3, I really like him out of this group.

Speaking of Heidi, has anyone gotten Seal's new CD? I love him!!

ChipnDaleGal
11-23-2007, 05:36 AM
This is my first season to watch this show and I have to say that I am quite enjoying it. There are certainly some big personalities and they make for good Reality TV.

TheDuckRocks
11-23-2007, 11:58 AM
I would have made slim black pants and a Pucci-type print top with longer sleeves, however they only had $15 to spend, I spend more to make my kid's clothes and Mood is expensive for fabric.

I don't know if you have seen the SJP line of clothing at Steve and Somebody-or-other's, but I was hugely disappointed! This past year I have lost 70 pounds and have had to buy a complete new wardrobe (I know.....oh, poor me:D). When I saw SJP on Oprah's I was so excited to think I could basically get a good start on new stuff with a very reasonable hit to the wallet. Went online and found out where the closest store was, drove over 100 miles to get there and merrily went in with credit card in hand and a big smile on my face. Well, that was very short lived..........I have never seen such awful fabric in my life! These garments could not possibly stand up to more than a few washings. The size selection was crazy, tops in size large and medium but pants in only a size 2 or 18 or 22! I was so angry I immediately went home and e-mailed the Oprah show, I never did get any kind of reply.:mad: I do have to admit the styles were cute but certainly nothing I would have wanted to invest any money in even if I could have found even one complete outfit in my size.

PirateLover
11-23-2007, 12:23 PM
This is my first season to watch this show and I have to say that I am quite enjoying it. There are certainly some big personalities and they make for good Reality TV.

If you have Netflix or something like it, the first 3 seasons are all out on DVD now :thumbsup:
Every season has someone loopy or vain, love em/hate em types.
Season 1- Wendy Pepper
Season 2- Santino Rice
Season 4- VINCENT! And his "Kooky" hats that turned him on! And Jeffrey and Angela.
This year we have Ms. Polymorphic dress Elisa and I'm-too-good-to-listen-to-Tim Christian.

But there are always plenty of lovable people too. Chris March is definitely one of my faves.

prprincess
11-24-2007, 06:38 PM
I love SJP so I really enjoyed this episode. Now can someone tell me if Kevin deliberately didn't shake her hand, or did he not see her put it out? I wasn't sure since he seemed a little offended about her comment on his outfit.

Elisa really surprised me with her outfit. After last week I was hoping that she'd be "auf'd" but she did really well. Right now Ricky is my favorite, but yes, he does cry a bit too much!!

I don't know if you have seen the SJP line of clothing at Steve and Somebody-or-other's, but I was hugely disappointed! This past year I have lost 70 pounds and have had to buy a complete new wardrobe (I know.....oh, poor me:D). When I saw SJP on Oprah's I was so excited to think I could basically get a good start on new stuff with a very reasonable hit to the wallet. Went online and found out where the closest store was, drove over 100 miles to get there and merrily went in with credit card in hand and a big smile on my face. Well, that was very short lived..........I have never seen such awful fabric in my life! These garments could not possibly stand up to more than a few washings. The size selection was crazy, tops in size large and medium but pants in only a size 2 or 18 or 22! I was so angry I immediately went home and e-mailed the Oprah show, I never did get any kind of reply.:mad: I do have to admit the styles were cute but certainly nothing I would have wanted to invest any money in even if I could have found even one complete outfit in my size.I agree. I was excited about her stuff when I saw it on Oprah, but in person it's awful! I actually purchased a few tops from her line, and they are of very poor quality. I had one on yesterday for Thanksgiving and it literally looked twisted on me because it must have gotten bent out of shape in the washer. And trust me, I'm one of those people who have clothes forever (I know--fashion faux pas) because I take such good care of them.

TheDuckRocks
11-29-2007, 10:16 AM
WOW!!! What a mess that was last night. Don't these fools remember that in previous years they have had to do a man's garment? You would think when you sent in your application to be on the show that you just maybe should try doing something in muslin to see if you need more practice.
I'm kind of surprised that Chris doesn't do better than middle of the pack, his things seem very marketable to me.
And Elisa, even if her garment was pretty good this week, she just gets stranger and stranger. Good grief, not wanting to touch the male model.:confused:

prprincess
11-29-2007, 10:23 AM
WOW!!! What a mess that was last night. Don't these fools remember that in previous years they have had to do a man's garment? You would think when you sent in your application to be on the show that you just maybe should try doing something in muslin to see if you need more practice.

And Elisa, even if her garment was pretty good this week, she just gets stranger and stranger. Good grief, not wanting to touch the male model.:confused:It was definitely a mess all around last night. I'm surprised that so many of them did so poorly.

Elisa gets crazier and crazier every episode.

But I'm glad that the person who was auf'd (don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched yet) is gone. I didn't like how she was messin' with Ricky.;)

NotaGeek
11-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Last night was a hot mess! :ack:

But, we did get to see HOT male models. LOL. :mickey:

PirateLover
11-29-2007, 02:09 PM
It was hilarious to see both sexes oogling over the male model! I agree about Chris March. They give him face time when it comes to the "confessional" style comments, but they barely show him working and he's always stuck in the middle. So far his garments have seemed top notch.

I knew Carmen would go because she didn't finish and her outfit looked ridiculous. Ricky and Sweet P's were also crazy but at least they finished. Even if she had done the shirt, that outfit would not have looked good. Even Tiki's wife, who was basically friendly to everyone, was just like errr...no... to Carmen's plan! Haha.

ChipnDaleGal
11-30-2007, 11:14 AM
My favorite part of this episode was Jack carrying Christian around in that satchel and then on his back. They are certainly two extremes in size. :D

murphy1
11-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Donna, I agree, that was so funny (and weird) to see him get out of there, I was like what the heck was that?? I was also cracking up b/c I use clothes for patterns sometimes, you just have to be careful of the seams being cut funny or the outfit will not turn out, but it works. I would have made a black collarless jacket with a plain shirt or sweater underneath and pants for Tiki. I thought it was funny they didn't know who he was. Some of those things were hideous. I still remember that wonderful outfit Chloe made for Nick on Season 2, she had never done menswear and it was perfect!

PirateLover
12-09-2007, 02:11 AM
I just watched this week's episode as I was in WDW on Weds. As you can probably guess from my previous posts, I am SO bummed that Chris March was out. I really liked him and I honestly didn't think his outfit was as horrendous as the judges made it out to be. I mean honestly, how do you make shoulder pads hip and modern? Nope. Ricky's outfit was atrocious for the 2nd week in a row. He should've been out.

murphy1
12-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Congrats again Piratelover (Marianne) on your engagement and at Disney!!! I know you had a great time!

I am so bummed Chris is out. Project Runway has a video of some of next week's episode, we know Jack has HIV, but now I wonder if he has full blown AIDS?? I am finding I like Kevin more and more each episode (he looks like that John Paul DeJoria hair product guy), I am sure he'll be in the Final 3 (at least I think so). I think the top ones are Victoria, Jillian Rami, Kevin and Kit.

PirateLover
12-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks again!

I saw the videos as well. My guess is that he'll be asked to leave because if it's a staff infection it could be highly contagious. I hope it's not AIDS, that would be terrible :(

I also like Kevin. I think he kinda looks like Joey Fatone from N Sync, haha.

prprincess
12-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I just watched this week's episode as I was in WDW on Weds. As you can probably guess from my previous posts, I am SO bummed that Chris March was out. I really liked him and I honestly didn't think his outfit was as horrendous as the judges made it out to be. I mean honestly, how do you make shoulder pads hip and modern? Nope. Ricky's outfit was atrocious for the 2nd week in a row. He should've been out.I really liked Chris, too. But you know, Ricky=Drama and so he'll probably be around for a little while longer.

Congratulations!! I don't know how I missed the good news, but if you posted about it, I'm going to go looking.:thumbsup:

NotaGeek
12-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks again!

I saw the videos as well. My guess is that he'll be asked to leave because if it's a staff infection it could be highly contagious. I hope it's not AIDS, that would be terrible :(

I also like Kevin. I think he kinda looks like Joey Fatone from N Sync, haha.

Jack said last week that he is HIV-positive, so I would assume it has something to do with that, but he also said his viral load is undectible, so who knows.

murphy1
12-10-2007, 04:14 PM
The HIV thing isn't a spoiler, but this might be:

On the video blog, Jack is calling his dr. and thinks it might be MRSA. I feel so bad for him! He is dating a guy who was on Top Chef named Dale (I think it was Season 3). He was also on an episode of Sex in the City.

PirateLover
12-10-2007, 08:30 PM
I loved Dale from Top Chef , he is Lithuanian like me! And yes, Jack has a history of staph infections so it might be that. And Jack did appear on the Today Show the day after he won the Tiki Challenge, so we know at least that he is OK after whatever happens to him in the upcoming episode.

murphy1
12-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Wasn't that awesome about Chris!!!!! Yay!!! i just love that guy!!! Poor Jack, his face looked terrible!! I knew Steven was going soon. I wonder how much longer Elisa will be on?? I really love Jillian's work.

PS I'm an official designer now! I started my own children's label called LJM Designs and am working on Ebay boutiques!! I'm very excited!

TheDuckRocks
12-13-2007, 10:26 AM
COngratulations Shari! I just know we'll be seeing you on PR someday.
Poor Jack that must of been really hard for him to have to give up his dream of going as far as possible on PR. His health is by far more important than any TV show but it must have really hurt to go.
I'm glad they brought back Chris but that garment he did last night was a mess. He'd better really step up his game or he'll be auf'd again.
Having just lost 70 pounds myself this past year, I found the show last night very interesting. I wouldn't have been able to have come up with a favorite "fat" outfit though, I used to hate every thing in my closet.:ack: I have only kept 1 pair of jeans that I have tacked up on the wall of my closet to remind me of just how big I used to be and that I never want to be there again.

PirateLover
12-13-2007, 09:10 PM
PS I'm an official designer now! I started my own children's label called LJM Designs and am working on Ebay boutiques!! I'm very excited!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You are very talented.

Well I'm sure I made it clear that I loved Chris, so I'm glad to see him back. I just wish it didn't have to be at Jack's expense. But Jack was getting known before the show and has now had more exposure so I definitely think we'll be seeing more of him. You know I don't know how many of these guys actually go in to win it any more. Jay McCarrol winner of season 1 didn't end up taking any of his winnings- $$, contracts, nothing because he wasn't happy with the conditions of everything.

murphy1
12-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Aww, thanks guys, but I think I'd rather design for children than work with them on a show like this LOL. I felt the same way Maryann, about Jack leaving and Chris coming in, I was watching the Tiki Barber challenge rerun and you could see how swollen Jack's face had gotten! It was really sad. Jack and Kevin were just great about that everyday woman challenge, you could see they were having fun with it. Kay, congrats for losing weight!! That is fantastic you should be soooo proud!!
Did y'all notice about Ricky when Jack picked his model saying he saw Jack's true colors, yet he did the same thing the week or two before and said he didn't care what anyone thought of that. I really hope he is going, I am just tired of his crying over losing a toenail! Christian is doing that same jacket every darn week now! I think he is going to be in the Final 4 for some reason.

prprincess
01-03-2008, 09:28 AM
What did you all think of last night's challenge? I absolutely loved it. It was so much fun, even though a few of them had a difficult time of it. But for the first time, I honestly liked a majority of the outfits (except for the bottom three, of course). I was really glad to see that Jillian's Twizzler outfit turned out well and didn't fall apart, that Ricky made something that didn't look like lingerie, that Chris's design wasn't costume-y, and that Christian's cocky little self didn't win. Rami's was definitely my favorite, though.

TheDuckRocks
01-03-2008, 11:41 AM
and that Christian's cocky little self didn't win.

:funny::high5: That is the most perfect description of him.

I was so glad to see "The Spitter" gone.

All around there were many more things that I liked this week than we have seen so far.

If it would have been me there for this competition I would have been at the runway with chocolate all over my face.:blush:

PirateLover
01-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Wierdly enough our resident "spit-marker" was starting to grow on me for some reason! But her piece was the weakest and she did deserve to go. Overall I agree with everyone else, it was a fun challenge and I was happy with many outfits. Yay!:thumbsup:

murphy1
01-03-2008, 01:18 PM
If I hear Christian say someone will die over it or because of it, fierce, or a big deal one more time.....:ack: I enjoyed last night a lot, too. I really loved Rami's look, the contruction was not easy, I was impressed. Jillian's was great, too. Looked like an art piece. It's going to be tough as they get down to the last four or five, I think tougher to decide who will present a collection, but that makes it interesting. I pray they don't keep Christian or Crybaby around just for drama. How could he throw all those Reeses in the trash!!!

murphy1
01-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Wierdly enough our resident "spit-marker" was starting to grow on me for some reason!

I agree and her story was really something, I didn't know she almost died in a car accident and it was pretty bad.

prprincess
01-03-2008, 02:07 PM
How could he throw all those Reeses in the trash!!!I know! Reese's are my ABSOLUTE favorite. I could have wrung his neck.

Elisa's story was intriguing. It did make me feel a bit bad for her, but also more interested in what she's done.

prprincess
01-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Thoughts on last night?

I don't know. For the first time in the history of this show, I was left uneasy with the results. I expected Christian to be auf'd since there seems to be a trend that whoever most of the focus is on in the episode seems to go.

Kit's dress was my absolute favorite, and I didn't care for Sweet P's, yet the judges loved it. Then Kevin auf'd? I think it should really have been Ricky because of past history.

Oh and Christian's model--totally my cubemate. She could be her twin in every way! She looks like her, and she is just as obnoxious!

murphy1
01-10-2008, 10:03 AM
I hated last night and I think Kevin should have gone to Fashion Week, he is definitely in top 4. I really like Rami, but the only thing about his dress was the piece on the boob that just hung straight down. Victoria won???? I didn't like that dress, it looked cheap to me with the stones, my dd has a Jasmine outfit with those on it!! This was just not a great episode. I will say Christian's dress was very intricate with the beading, but geez, let him make the dress!

Nani, maybe that was your cubemate's little sis, they are in NJ LOL

prprincess
01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Nani, maybe that was your cubemate's little sis, they are in NJ LOLHahaha! No, she's an only child from Chicago. But I swear, they are identical!!

And I think that school had to be in North Jersey because I've never heard of it.

I didn' t like Victoria's either, but I could see how they'd think it was cute for a prom. I'm not sure if they're in touch with what's stylish for prom nowadays, though.

PirateLover
01-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I was also underwhelmed by the jobs done yesterday. Where is Kayne when you need him? This was his type of challenge! I went to my last prom in 2003. I also went to a private Catholic girls school so I'd like to think I have some better perspective on these designs as I'm only 5 years out of their target.

Sweet P's dress is nice but might not even be allowed by some schools of this nature. I liked it, but it was a bit mature. Then again I had a friend who wore something with a similar cut that just looked trashy so I guess this is a better direction. She should've won over Victorya.

Victorya- YECK! Sorry but this wasn't a prom dress. Yes my own prom dress was a shorter style tube kind of dress but this is a little short and I agree the stones look tacky. If this is a "modern" prom dress then I'm glad I'm not going to them anymore...

Chris March's dress was actually my favorite, especially when I look back at the pictures as I am now. It is age appropriate and I think this girl will definitely wear it to her prom unlike some of the others.

While I love Kevin, he dress was completely wrong and I can sort of understand why he was eliminated ahead of Rickey, even though I'm so ready to give Rickey and his tears the boot. It was too short and very unflattering on this young lady. Girls are particularly catty at this age and I honestly think she would be talked about if she wore this dress. No way she would choose it for herself.

Jillian's was interesting, more in line with what a prom dress should be in my opinion. Didn't LOVE it but didn't hate it. This girl will probably wear this dress as well.

Now for Christian- As much as this kid can get on my nerves, he really had a rough time of it. He was trying to please his customer but lets be honest. With his client's body shape, this dress was a mess from the get go. The ruffles looked really bad on her. I thought part of the front were great and that there was a beautiful dress in there somewhere but it was too short especially in the back. I really liked seeing his conversation with Tim when he wanted to give up because you could really tell how upset he was which was a nice change of pace. I think his attitude on the runway was a bad one to take, but I don't think he should've been out.

Kit's I could take or leave. This girl COULD wear the dress, but I don't think she will.

Looking at Ricky's dress again I think it should've been between he and Kevin for being "out." The proportion seems off, it's too short, and the color is boring. It seems unfinished.

Rami- great dress wrong person and wrong color.

All in all I just think most of the designers had difficulty balancing their clients' wants with their own design aesthetic which is disappointing. It seems like most of them just went to either extreme. Next week looks like a team challenge. Hopefully we get back on track.

NotaGeek
01-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I really think that Chris had the most PROM like dress, but that doesn't mean it was cute.

OMG ... I totally thought that Victoria's dress looked like something Jasmine would wear ... if it had been that crazy Aladdin Turquoise she WOULD have been Jasmine! :D

Sweet P should have won IMO, the color was great and although the dress was WAY to grown up, it looked good on her.

Ricky's dress was horrible, and with all his past debacles, I am shocked they didn't give him the boot. I can only assume that Kevin's dress looked MUCH worse in person. It was SUCH a bad choice to not hem that dress ... if only they would listen to Tim Gunn!

PirateLover
01-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Tin Gunn agrees with us about Victorya's win being fishy.
Frankly, the decision to toss Victorya this win eluded me. In my view, the electric blue textile said “superhero” not prom. Furthermore, the jewel emblazoned panel on the front of the halter made the dress look more appropriate for a hostess at a Vegas cocktail lounge than a teenager attending a suburban prom.
There was much talk from the judges about the level of sophistication and "appropriateness" of the designs for a teenage prom. When was the last time any of these four even considered the design of a prom dress? And memo to designers of all future Project Runway challenges: when in doubt, choose blue. Nina likes blue.

murphy1
01-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Maybe the judges should be listening to Tim, too! I got a chance to rewatch the episode and also saw Chris March's dress, it was beautiful. His stuff is either absolutely gorgeous or...huh?? His portfolio is a riot. I have an issue of a smocking mag and they have prom dresses with some smocking and beading at the waist. I'm going to save it for when my girls are older, I'd love to make it.

PirateLover
01-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Thoughts on last night?
As much as I can't stand Ricky, I think the judges made the right decision. Kit chose the fabrics, and it was all her aesthetic. Although I must say I wouldn't have minded seeing Rami go. I think last night he proved how full of himself he is. I detested the way he was treating Sweet P. I understand that he was nervous about her finishing, especially given the debacle that was the Hershey's Challenge where she didn't have a clear vision and had to change at the last minute which almost got eliminated. However, I felt he was plain ol' mean to her. It was obvious she was working hard, yet he wouldn't get off her back. He also wouldn't take any input from her, then blamed the lack of avant garde-ness on their inability to work together when it was all his idea. Her ready to wear dress saved his butt and he should be thanking her up and down.

I loved Chris and Christian's main dress and I'm glad they won. I loved Jillian's coat, and her ready to wear dress, but I didn't like Victorya's hand in the outfit underneath.

In the previews, Ricky is crying AGAIN next week! UGH! And why does he never remove that hat? Is he balding?

NotaGeek
01-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Ricky makes me crazy. His crying is seriously weird, although I am sure that the pressure is crazy, but the water works has to stop. :sob:

I am glad Christian and Chris won ... their dress was very on the mark for the project. Next week looks crazy! OH ... and by the way, I am OVER Bravo' times being off with my TiVO! I missed the end again! UGH.

mjaclyn
01-17-2008, 05:20 PM
I know that there are a lot of people who don't like Christian because of his cockiness. I definitely think that he is too cocky but I LOVE his designs! I'm so glad he and Chris won this week.

murphy1
01-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Rami and Christian keep doing the same looks over and over. I hated that Kit was gone, I wish they would have booted Ricky. I think Jillian is going to win the whole thing. She is always top notch and deserves the money and promotion that go along with winning. I am voting Chris March fan favorite, I just love him.

prprincess
01-18-2008, 05:10 PM
I think I'm voting for Chris March as fan favorite, too. He's a sweetheart!

But I really like what he and Christian did. They were really on the mark with what the challenge was all about, and they deserved to win. I also like what Jillian did, but I wasn't crazy with Victorya's contributions. I love Kit, but her and Ricky's stuff was really awful. It looked cheap, just as the judges said. And Rami was being mean, I agree with that. I'm just glad that they weren't on the chopping block because I like them both and didn't want either of them to go yet.

But Ricky just keeps sliding by!!

murphy1
01-19-2008, 08:32 PM
It seems like there is a slider in every season, like Wendy from 1, Zulema from 2, and Angela from 3, I guess Cry baby is it for this season! LOL

PirateLover
01-19-2008, 09:14 PM
It seems like there is a slider in every season, like Wendy from 1, Zulema from 2, and Angela from 3, I guess Cry baby is it for this season! LOL

OMG I despised Wendy... I was re-watching season one recently and I forgot how bad she was. Don't forget "kooky" Vincent with everything turning him on... ugh.

PirateLover
01-24-2008, 12:19 AM
WOW! So tonight was kind of a shocker episode, eh? Ricky WON!??! Well at least he didn't get immunity. I do think that Victorya and Jillian had the worst outfits. I think Jillian is a great designer but I just don't know if she'll make it to the end on this show. I think she'd be great for showing at Bryant Park but it seems like the pressures and time constraints of the challenge are really throwing her.
Christian... I liked the jeans but the jacket just felt very expected if you know what I mean. He sure likes those poofy shoulders.
I agree that Chris should've trimmed the fringe.
Raimi was back to form and I like him again.
I though Sweet Pea had the nicest looking piece but I guess it was missing something to be a "501" look, whatever that is. I mean come on, denim is denim. Speaking of I was surprised that Jillian didn't do better considering how well she did with the denim pieces in the reinventing trends challenge.
Victorya was kind of getting on my nerves anyway so I didn't mind seeing her go. Although I was eating pretzels and I almost freaked out because I thought Heidi said "Victoryia, you're in" at first. ;)

PirateLover
01-24-2008, 12:25 AM
I thought I'd add this from Tim's Take on Bravotv which I read after I posted....

Ricky wins! I don’t know who was more surprised by his win -- Ricky or me. I cannot tell a lie: I was profoundly concerned about his look. I thought it was too basic and too poorly finished. On the show, you hear me say, “It’s stunning,” and it’s true that I did say it, as in, “Fix all of this and make certain that it’s stunning.” The editors were stuck with a conundrum, because so little of what I said to Ricky (and I said a lot) could be used. In any case, I was baffled by the judges’ rhapsodic support of his design. It was so similar to Rami’s look and even to Chris’s design, but it was less ambitious than either. The judges celebrated the look’s fit. It’s a strapless tube dress! How challenging can the fit be? But please don’t get me wrong: I’m sincerely pleased for Ricky that he won. But I’m equally baffled. Chacun a son gout. It’s a matter of taste.

NotaGeek
01-24-2008, 02:32 AM
I can finally say it. Victorya totally bugged the living ba-jesus out of me and it's about time she got Aufed. Ricky's tube dressed was confusing but luckily he cried about it, in fact I was kind of bored with the denim thing.

Melanie
01-24-2008, 04:26 AM
I haven't read all the posts since I'm two weeks behind you guys, but I just have to get this out. The prom dress challenge just aired here. I can't stand Christian and I really like Sweet Pea. I'm not even holding her association with Jeffrey against her. ;)

Okay, glad to get that out. :whew:

prprincess
01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I can finally say it. Victorya totally bugged the living ba-jesus out of me and it's about time she got Aufed. Ricky's tube dressed was confusing but luckily he cried about it, in fact I was kind of bored with the denim thing.I agree with everything you "said". Victorya seemed like a major pain. What was up with her staking her claim on the jeans on the floor of the warehouse, and telling Chris to not take them because she thinks she wants them?! Ugh! There was just always this "air" about her that I didn't like.

The denim challenge bored me as well. I was literally fighting to keep myself awake long enough to see who was getting auf'd.

Ricky's win...I kinda saw it coming. They seemed to throw alot of clues in that he would.

murphy1
01-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi, Mel!! Good to see you here. You're so funny!

Is anyone else just not sure about this season?? I am not sure if it is editing or what, but I feel like it's all just off. Marianne. I am glad you posted that, b/c I thought all the outfits were fine, but it was kind of boring. I agreed with the vote off, but Sweet Pea and RIcky just seem like they need to be let go before a lot of other people. i was gonna raise bloody heck if Jillian got auf'd. I don't think I can make it if Ricky keeps staying, he could do a Kleenex ad, I'm sure there is one of those games where you have to drink your beer everytime Ricky cries. Christian, that kid needs to stop doing the whole puffy sleeve thing, it's the same thing over and over and over.

I have a huge pet peeve about this show. I am so sick of hearing when something looks bad, it's "home sewn". As someone who can do couture type sewing and at home, I take major offense!

PirateLover
01-24-2008, 02:33 PM
I have a huge pet peeve about this show. I am so sick of hearing when something looks bad, it's "home sewn". As someone who can do couture type sewing and at home, I take major offense!
You know it bothers me when they say that as well. Kind of like when American Idol judges tell contestants they sound like a Disney character.
I mean lets face it, in real fashion, it's not going to be like this. They will have more time to finish and execute their designs to the best they can. I like Sweet P but I don't know if she's strong enough to make it to the finals. I'd like to see Jillian, Chris March, and Christian (eww I know lol) not because I like him but I think that those 3 will present an innovative runway show. Rami will be all prim and proper pretty drapery, ricky will be nothing but variations on the babydoll dress, and Sweet P will just be all over the place!

Oh and I just read that there's no episode next week! Bummer.

murphy1
01-24-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm glad I asked a few weeks ago who Amy Winehouse is! LOL

prprincess
01-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Is anyone else just not sure about this season?? I am not sure if it is editing or what, but I feel like it's all just off. For me it's been the challenges. They've been the least appealing/interesting of all of the seasons. Then I guess I expected more of this group since we'd heard over and over again, before the show started, that this was the most talented group to date.

Oh, and how's Sweet P associated with Jeffrey? I mist have missed something.

murphy1
01-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Someone said she works with him?? I don't see those two together at all, I mean she acts kind of like Angela and he hated her!

murphy1
01-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Oh, I am so happy, no more immunity!! I was afraid Ricky might get it, and it can't happen due to how close the Final 3 are.

PirateLover
01-27-2008, 07:22 PM
For me it's been the challenges. They've been the least appealing/interesting of all of the seasons...

Oh, and how's Sweet P associated with Jeffrey? I mist have missed something.
I agree, this season has had only a few good challenges and theres been a lot of disappointments. I think that Sweet P and Jeffrey know each other from the scene back in LA. They are friends and he encouraged her to go on the show. By the way I'm not sure if we talked about it in this thread (I'm too lazy to go back and read!) But apparently Jeffrey came out and admitted that he was basically playing a character on the show to ensure he got more attention and air time.

prprincess
01-29-2008, 11:40 AM
By the way I'm not sure if we talked about it in this thread (I'm too lazy to go back and read!) But apparently Jeffrey came out and admitted that he was basically playing a character on the show to ensure he got more attention and air time.Well that's sort of comforting. I hated the fact that someone like him won.

Melanie
02-06-2008, 07:21 AM
I'm actually caught up with you guys. How exciting! It's only because you didn't have a new episode last week. :)

I do love watching the episode and then coming on and reading what you all said two weeks ago. ;)

I don't care how 'talented' Christian is, he bugs me to no end. I know, I know - that's what the show is about, but...... I loved how they touched on his immaturity in this episode. It's so true! And I agree with whoever mentioned his puffy sleeves. Every outfit has the sleeves. Ugh.

I don't have a clear favorite at this point. I'm anxious to see how it all plays out.

murphy1
02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
That's good, Mel! I was thinking that you would probably be able to catch up b/c of the two weeks of no new shows. I'm ready for tonight, should be fun. It looks like Sweet Pea is cracking next. I think my favorite is Jillian, I really hope Ricky goes soon. He reminds me of that conductor on Disney Channel Choo Choo Soul! LOL

PirateLover
02-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Well, how about tonight???? I thought it was going to be really tacky at first but it turned out to be a fun episode. I also reminded myself that sometimes designers do branch out and do odd things like this. For instance, Vera Wang designed the new uniforms for the Eagles Cheerleaders a few year ago.
Here are my opinions:

Chris- LOVED it. He killed it. The hoodie sealed the deal for me. I'm so glad he won.

Christian- It was pretty good and definitely fit his "diva's" style but... AGAIN WITH THE PUFFY SLEEVES!!!!! I swear if it makes it to Bryant Park and puts out a line featuring puffy sleeves and high neck boleros I'm gonna flip.

Jillian- I was really surprised with how well she handled this challenge. I totally expected her to be the chick who was freaked out by the whole process but instead she embraced and delivered a great piece.

Sweet P- She acted the way I expected Jillian to! She totally did not listen to her client. And the thing is... she CHOSE that client. The diva that Rami chose (You know, the all american one who doesn't care as much about rhinestones everywhere) was still in the ring when she made her pick. Then she proceeds to criticize everything about the taste of the girl she picked. It made no sense to me and I really thought this would be something she could get into. Major disappointment.

Rami- I liked his top a lot more before it was completed. Other than that I disagree with the judges. I think bright pink is all american. It's the all american Barbie doll concept taken to the extreme. And isn't that what the wrestling entertainment is all about? He wasn't at the top of my list but it wasn't that bad.

Ricky- YAY the crybaby is gone. What was he thinking? I swear to you I saw a swimsuit that looked exactly like that worn by my very dark skinned, very glamorous Italian friend last summer. And I've seen similar looks on celebrities and models. It was so obvious that he had to be out that I think the judges and producers couldn't get away with pushing him through another week for the upset.

Oh and just as an aside, I never knew the storied history of Bryant Park until today. I saw Arthur Miller's "The Price" and in it they talked about seeing the homeless men in Bryant Park during the great depression. I looked it up and sure enough the place became a dump, and now again is resurrected. Here is some info on Wikipedia:

by the 1930s the park had suffered neglect and was considered disreputable. The park was re-designed in 1933-1934 as a Great Depression public works project under the leadership of Robert Moses. The new park featured a great lawn, and also added hedges and later an iron fence in order to separate the park from the surrounding city streets. The park was temporarily degraded in the late 1930s by the tearing down of the El and the construction of the IND Sixth Avenue Line subway.

By the 1970s, Bryant Park had been taken over by drug dealers, prostitutes and the homeless. It was nicknamed "Needle Park" by some due to its brisk heroin trade, and was considered a "no-go zone" by ordinary citizens and visitors. From 1979 to 1983, a coordinated program of amenities, including a bookmarket, a flower market, cafes, landscape improvements, and entertainment activities, was initiated by a parks advocacy group called the Parks Council and immediately brought new life to the park -- an effort continued over the succeeding years by The Bryant Park Restoration Corporation, which had been founded in 1980 by a group of prominent New Yorkers, including members of the Rockefeller family, to improve conditions in the park. In 1988, a privately funded re-design and restoration was begun by the Bryant Park Restoration Corporation under the leadership of Daniel A. Biederman, with the goal of opening up the park to the streets and encouraging activity within it.In 1992, the new Bryant Park re-opened and was an instant and spectacular success, immediately attracting local workers and tourists to it.

murphy1
02-07-2008, 07:54 AM
I HATE THE WORD FIERCE!! Ugh! I don't have a lot to say on this episode. Chris did great and his client loved it, so he deserved that win. I don't think Sweet Pea should be going to Fashion Week. My Final 4 are Jillian, Christian (a lot of designers ARE high maintenance divas), Rami, Chris. I would love to see Chris' collection, how crazy would it be!! I pick Jillian and Christian as final 2, they love that kid, but overall she is best one left.

Disney Animal Kingdom should have Chris design those hoodies for the park! My girls would love them.

PirateLover
02-08-2008, 04:14 PM
WEll today was Project Runway's show at Bryant Park for Fashion Week.
I'll post the rest in white since the info is spoilerish. I am going to talk about who showed, what I thought of the collections, and who the guest judge is.

:spoiler:All 5 remaining designers showed at Bryant Park. It is not known if any of them were decoys. In seasons one and 2, Austin Scarlett and Kara Janx showed a collection but they were not in the competition. Many felt that their collections were stronger than the ones that were judged on the show leading to season 3's decision to show and judge the entire top 4. I'm not sure what the deal is with this top 5. I'm thinking 4 will be up for the win, and 1 is a decoy.
Almost the entire show has been leaked. I've seen most of the collections and I have to say I think that Christian is going to win. His collection seems the most cohesive. It does not really appeal to my personal style but it's pretty good. Everyone else has some strong and weak pieces from what I've seen, and some that just don't seem to go together.
Also, Victoria Beckham is the guest judge this year for the finale!:spoiler:

murphy1
02-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks for that!! I googled and read it after I saw your post. If you have any pics of it let me know or PM me. At this point, I want to see a final collection from all of them as to who really should get it, I think that closes it, so I am open to anyone winning based on that.

PirateLover
02-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Anyone who is interested in viewing the collections, google "Blogging Project Runway."
After reviewing everything a few more times I'm backing off of my original statement a bit. I like another collection's chance's as well.

PirateLover
02-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Ok I just saw high resolution pics of the styles and now I really don't know who will win. The only thing I can use as a guide is that the gust judge (is this even considered a spoiler anymore? it's been everywhere) Has said that there is a clear winner- one collection where she could see herself wearing every piece. So I've been trying to picture the clothes on this person... I can really only rule out one designer. I have to say that It's always different to see it in motion but I really think this is gonna be one of the strongest finales the more I look at the pics. I was really disappointed in season 3.

murphy1
02-10-2008, 04:40 PM
I found pieces I liked in all of them. It's going to be tough to choose a winner based on three of them especially though. I think you're right, one of the best finales it will be!

NotaGeek
02-10-2008, 04:50 PM
What? No tears from Ricky and he got cut FINALLY? He cries every episode and we don't even get a wee whimper when he gets Aufed?

I am excited for the finals!

prprincess
02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm so late, guys...I've been in bed since last Wednesday night with the flu.

I don't have a lot to say on this episode.But ditto. Seriously. I didn't like anything at all. And I'm a bit sad that for the first time since the show started, at this point in the game, I still don't have anyone that I'm routing for. :(

I'm definitely ready to be spoiled though, so thanks for the tip!! Off to Google...

PirateLover
02-14-2008, 10:20 AM
I liked the idea of last night's challenge but it was so funny to me that everyone went right to their comfort zones (except maybe Sweet P).

Rami was the most obvious.... When Tim was talking to them in the statue room, didn't you KNOW he wasn't gonna leave??;)

Chris did the giant neck piece thing again. Although I feel like altogether it was a completely different dress and you totally saw where he was coming from, he already did something similar.

Christian obviously has talent. He gets A LOT done in a short period of time and the quality is great....however it all kind of looks the same to me. Anyone watch the Simpsons? It reminds me of the episode where Marge gets a pink Chanel suit to fit in with a country club and she keeps cutting it up and sewing it to make different styles.... It pretty obvious that he is the chosen one this year.

Jillian is great at coats.

Sweet P... I just didn't like it.

I think Chris touched on something that may explain what was lacking in this season- No clear villain. A few people were villainous in a challenge here and there but there was no one people hated or loved to hate. We did have an annoying hanger on (Ricky) but overall there wasn't much conflict this season which tends to make for boring TV.

prprincess
02-14-2008, 10:28 AM
I caught most of the episode (dozed off--still sick), and I thought was Rami did was gorgeous, but of course, nothing new there. I also think that Chris' dress was something he had done before. And while I wasn't crazy about Christian's, who else was going to win this challenge?

I fell asleep right before the runway show, so if anyone can tell me what happened (in spoiler font or via PM), please do so. I can't seem to find an explantion online. They said two would be auf'd, but I woke up and only saw Sweet P. crying and hugging Tim Gunn goodbye.

PirateLover
02-14-2008, 10:36 AM
I fell asleep right before the runway show, so if anyone can tell me what happened (in spoiler font or via PM), please do so. I can't seem to find an explantion online. They said two would be auf'd, but I woke up and only saw Sweet P. crying and hugging Tim Gunn goodbye.
Once something airs, we are free to talk about it openly :)
What happened was, Sweet P was the only one officially auf'd. They "couldn't decide" between Chris and Rami so they told them to go home and make collections and pick their 3 strongest pieces. They would then be judged when they returned and based on those 3 designs they would choose which one goes on to "show." An interesting twist for sure.

I really think that they would've auf'd chris for some reason but Roberto Cavalli, who had not seen the avant guarde piece he did with Christian, was absolutely in love with his dress so they came up with this idea. Besides, all 5 designers actually showed at Bryant Park anyway, which I think is a bit ridiculous.
The first season, there was a genuine scheduling error and that's why Austen Scarlett had to become a "decoy." But by this point, they know when Fashion Week will be and they are purposefully scheduling it the way that they did. Instead of having that week off two weeks ago, why couldn't they have aired this episode last week, before fashion week? There was no need for Sweet P to show. Her looks were definitely the weakest in my opinion.

murphy1
02-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Nani, I hope you are feeling better! I feel cruddy today again, hoping to rest over weekend, we are leaving for FL on Weds!

Christian had a cool outfit, but why they never say HIS stuff looks the same is beyond me. Of course the designers are going to keep doing what they know over and over, I wouldn't want to do something totally foreign with these time constraints. I love Jillian's work. I think Cavalli was really offering her a job and I was thinking "She wants to do her own thing, not with you, dude" LOL. Her dresses, jackets and coats are really great and she definitely earned her spot. I like the reunion shows.

murphy1
02-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Meant to ask y'all if you caught that Super Model show! I'm embarrassed to say I watched it for 10 minutes, it's so stupid, Nikki Taylor says "America does not think you can be a Supermodel" And then they turn to each other and say "did America make the right decision?" It's hilarious!! C'mon Bravo you can give us better and have. I also watched that Millionare show where the lady has a matchmaking business. These guys who seem to have $$ and a whole set of issues and have golddig...uh, ladies presented to them and they say they want some woman their age and end up dating the 21 yo with a big chest! I just love PR the so much though, I'm sad it's almost over for another season!

PirateLover
02-16-2008, 01:41 AM
I don't really like make me a super model. Millionaire Matchmaker is OK... kinda funny though it isn't meant to be. I can't wait for Top Chef!

prprincess
02-25-2008, 09:52 AM
I don't really like make me a super model. Millionaire Matchmaker is OK... kinda funny though it isn't meant to be. I can't wait for Top Chef!
For some odd reason, I'm into the Millionaire Matchmaker. I like how she's so blunt and honest with the guys she's trying to match. It's really funny.

And I FINALLY checked the Fashion Week spoilers out...Chris March's collection is my favorite, so I really hope he makes it.

But I missed the reunion show last week. How was it?

murphy1
02-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Hey guys, we got back from Florida, it was fierce (LOL, sorry) I actually caught the weekend rerun as I was dumping our laundry. I can't believe Chris did not get fan favorite!! It was Christian, but he was actually funny and pleasant on the reunion show. The absolute funniest was Kors laughing over Ricky's model and the orange wrestling suit. I just think Jillian should win b/c her stuff is more marketable and I would love to see what she could do with that money. She has the talent and smarts to make it in the business. Christian is so high end and more out of the main stream, but maybe the judges like that. I still love Chris March and would love to see him do well, though too, so I am not as vested in who wins this time I guess.

prprincess
02-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey guys, we got back from Florida, it was fierce (LOL, sorry)Hahaha! You're funny!

I can't believe Chris did not get fan favorite!! It was Christian, but he was actually funny and pleasant on the reunion show. I heard about that and was surprised myself! Everyone I talk to who's a fan of the show loves and voted for Chris.

Even though I loved Chris' collection, I haven't had a favorite at all this season, so I'm not vested in who wins either. It actually makes me kinda sad that this is the first time I'm not going to be on "pins and needles" during the finale.

murphy1
02-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Yay, tonight is it! I'm confused on something, they let the last five (including Sweet P) show at Bryant Park, so I don't understand how when they only have three who are in the BP show. Do you think they still let Rami and Chris show b/c they can't decide? They always have to put in something like that, so I bet they do. Looks like Jillian and Fierce are going to have a few tiffs (Another thing this show loves, drama and tension between two contestants). I saw the first half of the reunion show finally and Jack said he might come back for next season, I hope so, I really thought he might win, he is an awesome designer!

ChipnDaleGal
02-27-2008, 12:35 PM
This season had a pretty likeable cast. I think I am rooting for Jillian, but I like all of the final four so I will be happy for whoever wins. I thought the reunion show was good. That part where Michael Kors was hysterical laughing during the wrestlers' fashion show was so funny. That is the most I have ever liked him. He suddenly seemed more human.

prprincess
02-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Do you think they still let Rami and Chris show b/c they can't decide?
Oh I hope so! Especially because I'm afraid Chris won't be in the running, and I really loved the spoiler pics of his collection.

I saw the first half of the reunion show finally and Jack said he might come back for next season, I hope so, I really thought he might win, he is an awesome designer!I have yet to catch it, so I'm hoping they air it tonight before the finale. I'd love to see Jack get a second chance.

murphy1
02-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Nani, this is totally OT, but I just saw in your siggy that you have a trip coming up in April!! I know you have been wanting to get back, so have an awesome time, take lots of pics, I want to see those cute little boys!

prprincess
02-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Nani, this is totally OT, but I just saw in your siggy that you have a trip coming up in April!! I know you have been wanting to get back, so have an awesome time, take lots of pics, I want to see those cute little boys!Thanks! I can't wait. It's to celebrate our 5 year anniversary, and it's going to be FIERCE!!

Lots of pics--definitely! I got a new, fancy-schmancy DSLR and I can't wait to try it out at WDW!!

prprincess
02-28-2008, 08:43 AM
So what did you all think about last night?

It was a little bittersweet for me. I think both Rami and Chris are super-talented, not to mention likeable, so I'm sure that the judges had a really hard time choosing. I personally would have chosen Chris because Rami already seems to have be a little better off (OMG, his home and studio!!). But I honestly think that Jillian or Fierce will ultimately win anyway.

And I finally caught the finale. If I disliked Carmen before, I really can't stand her now. What a baby!!

NotaGeek
02-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Uh, I think Rami living in LA and not NYC has a bit to do with his living conditions ... and his studio is in Silverlake, not West Hollywood so the price for the space would be a little less than if he were right in the middle of everything LA! :mickey:

I just don't like his clothes. I suppose it's just me.

I think he and Chris both had weird stuff, although I though the fact that Chris used human hair in his garments was HYSTERICAL, and to be honest his stuff looked AMAZING and very "runway" ...

I can't wait for next week, and I only hope that Christian wins ... how refreshing, even though he's annoying, he is very talented ... just SO young!

PirateLover
02-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Jillian for the win!!!!!!!!!
You should know by now Chris was my fave. I'm so bummed he didn't get fan favorite, esp now that he's not in the finale (even though he still showed along with Sweet P). I really thought they were going to pick Chris by the way they were talking. HOWEVER I will say that having already looked at the collections I think that Rami's overall is a bit better than Chris's... but of the 3 they chose to showcase, I thought Chris was better.

Christian's line is certainly fierce but it could be too over the top. We will see.

murphy1
02-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Well, I have been sick again, so I started watching, saw parts of Christian's stuff, then Jillian's family (she was getting a little cocky there), and then I woke up and they were telling Chris he was off! Anyway, it's on at 9 EST tonight on Bravo if anyone else missed parts. I wanted to share, I sent an email to Jack, I really, really want him on Season Five and he has inspired me b/c I have a chronic disease, thought you guys would enjoy reading (what a sweet guy! I hope he will do it!)

Hi Jack!

You were my favorite designer this season and I was so sad when you left PR (glad you are better). I was so happy when you said you might come back for the next season of Project Runway!! Your style is so fantastic! I design, sew and sell children's boutique clothes and
do costume design and I have an autoimmune disease. You were so inspiring to me, b/c I got to see someone else who has to maintain normalcy, while living with a chronic condition. I would love to see you on the next
season as would lots of people I talk to about the show.

He emailed me back:

Thanks Shari!! You are fab! I am seriously considering it. :) Best of luck to you and thanks so much for the support.

Love jack

prprincess
02-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Uh, I think Rami living in LA and not NYC has a bit to do with his living conditions ... and his studio is in Silverlake, not West Hollywood so the price for the space would be a little less than if he were right in the middle of everything LA! :mickey:

I just don't like his clothes. I suppose it's just me.

I think he and Chris both had weird stuff, although I though the fact that Chris used human hair in his garments was HYSTERICAL, and to be honest his stuff looked AMAZING and very "runway" ...

I can't wait for next week, and I only hope that Christian wins ... how refreshing, even though he's annoying, he is very talented ... just SO young!
I also feel like Rami's more established. And I know that in the past people who've already had their own businesses have won (Chloe and Jeffrey), but I would so rather see someone young or starting out win. And from what I know about Chris, he seems to want to break out of the whole costuming thing and into high fashion.

I took a peek at the spoiler pics for Fashion Week, and was shocked that what Chris used was human hair!! WOW! But I agree with you that it looked amazing and very runway.

Shari, very cool!! I hope he decides to do it!!

murphy1
02-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Nani, I was shocked to get something back from him, but I really want him back, it was terrible when he left. I love his work truly!

Human Hair???!!! I will have to watch tonight, I can usually make it up to 10:30 and it will be over by 10

You know, Christian is very confident, I think that's great in that business, you don't want someone saying their clothes stink over and over like Ricky. I think even though he is young, he could really do something with that money. I hope Jillian wins though, some of her details were incredible, just not sure on the whole collection, but her work during the competition was great and she is even keeled. Rami is going to be a big Hollywood designer I think. I love that aqua dress he did for Jessica Alba, I thought it was very pretty, and it was NOT Grecian draped!

Who's excited that they are doing a Season Five!!!

MsMin
02-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey, all I just found this thread :blush: My dd and I love PR and had a "girl's night" last night to watch it.
I am so glad Rami got in. I love his designs. That dress he did last night w/ the wrap and the fabric that moved across the body was incredible (IMO) Chris is a great costumer. I wonder if he ever thought of moving down here for Mardi Gras Costumes? he would be awesome. Christian? what is going on with those feather pants? I find he's a little Versace in a lot of his work and that worries me. He's talented but I want to see something fresh. That peak at the collection did suggest he was reaching out there. Jillian is great too. I wish I could do piping like she does. She is very detailed.
I think all four of them are very talented ppl. If I had to wear it though I would go with Rami. His clothes are so artistic and create interest in the figure when the model is wearing them.
Can't wait to see BP!

murphy1
02-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi Beth!! It's great to see you! Saw the rerun last night. The human hair freaked me a little bit until they started calling it "extensions". I loved both those guys. Absolutely loved that black dress Rami made, it was gorgeous! So I think the right three are going in the end. It's great that Chris and Sweet P got to show at BP even though #4 and 5. I thought about Christian some more, I have to say that it's cool that he got to move to London, he has done a lot for being so young, but a lot of his work looks the same. Can't wait for next week!

murphy1
02-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Don't know if y'all read the Survivor thread, but my friend's daughter is on the show, so I had to switch back and forth last night between that and PR (which I think was a rerun at that time, but I love those).

TheDuckRocks
02-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I would have loved to have been able to shake Chris until his teeth rattled. He had to have known using the human hair would have put him out.:shake:
At this point I really don't care who wins.

thrillme
02-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes the human hair was rather creepy but it was very "creative", "unique" and "bold".

Chris' dresses were amazingly designed to incorporate the hair very well. They also flowed together. They were like part of a set. But I guess it was just a little "over the top"

I liked Rami's black and white dress...HATED the blue coat. The black formal was nice but it looked so tight. Even though they're repeative I DO like a lot of Rami's drapeing fashions. They pretty much make all the girls look very Grecian Goddessy. I really didn't see a lot of "connection" with Rami's fashions.

I really think Chris freaked out the judges when he told them about the "human hair". Perhaps if he used the terminology of "hair extensions"... it would have lowered the creep factor enough for the win. Personally I kinda think the judges would have gone for Chris but I think he had a bit against him because he WAS actually voted out "once". Technically it was more "fair" that Rami won over him since he had a strike against him. He was ONLY in that position primarily because he was the ONLY designer with a second chance.

prprincess
03-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Personally I kinda think the judges would have gone for Chris but I think he had a bit against him because he WAS actually voted out "once". Technically it was more "fair" that Rami won over him since he had a strike against him. He was ONLY in that position primarily because he was the ONLY designer with a second chance.That thought crossed my mind as well. As much as I ended up liking Chris and his final collection, if that was part of the judges criteria, it would only be fair.

murphy1
03-02-2008, 09:39 AM
I agree with both of you and thought that. Oh, me and dh were watching the rerun last night, I feel much better about my nice sewing room after seeing where Christian had his, hope he gets more space! Rami's space was great. My 8 yo was freaked out about the hair, LOL

murphy1
03-02-2008, 11:59 AM
I keep forgetting to mention this, but all of the designers this season have been in the bottom two in at least one episode, I think that's a first on this show.

MsMin
03-03-2008, 10:35 AM
I think Chris went too far with the hair. IMO one piece would have been enough for his fav. 3 b/c then he would have had back-up if the look was rejected. He wasn't demonstrating the ability to "sell" his line. Again, even his portfolio of his past work says costume and not "fashion" He seems like a very lovable person with a lot of character; but I hope that look doesn't catch on ;) There was so much focus on the hair and it covered so many of the lines on the outfits that I really couldn't tell you whether I liked the outfit or not. Many of the lines in his sketches looked similar. Oh well, can't wait to see it all on Wed!

murphy1
03-03-2008, 07:32 PM
There is a great online challenge that 12 of the designer were in, they each did three looks and you vote on who should win, they get $10,000. It was really hard to choose, there were many great pieces! If you get a chance check it out, it's 15 min, but you can move the little ticker to speed it up. It's on the Bravo site.

PirateLover
03-03-2008, 11:27 PM
I don't think it would've been right to chose Rami over Chris simply because Chris was out once before. If that were the case then why would they bother to bring him back in the first place?
Although it was a neat little twist, I really didn't like this 3 piece walkoff for the chance to count in the finale. The main reason is, whoever made it through got advance criticism from the judges on those 3 pieces. They ripped Rami's coat apart and guess what? He didn't show it on the runway.

Shari I did watch the internet challenge, I can't believe I forgot to post about it myself. I honestly forgot who I voted for! I watched it a week or two ago. I liked a lot of individual pieces, it was hard to choose an overall favorite.

PirateLover
03-06-2008, 12:14 AM
So????? What did everyone think??? I really felt this was the strongest finale. I just had a feeling Christian would win because I read a comment about Posh saying there was only one collection that she would wear every outfit from. Knowing that she is over the top, I knew it had to be Christian. I thought it was absolutely great that they showed him getting so nervous and lost for words and then he was crying before they announced that he won... it really made me finally embrace and love him. He has talent.
Hopefully there won't be so much of a lag b/t seasons this time around! Go Project Runway!

NotaGeek
03-06-2008, 03:23 AM
Yea! I am SO glad that Christian won! :clappy: and I LOVE Posh!

prprincess
03-06-2008, 12:50 PM
So????? What did everyone think??? I really felt this was the strongest finale...I thought it was absolutely great that they showed him getting so nervous and lost for words and then he was crying before they announced that he won... it really made me finally embrace and love him. He has talent.

I agree with you. I feel like I knew off the bat who was going to win, and Christian did a great job.

I was also endeared by his comment about the model complaining about the 10 inch heels, and how she better not because he walked around in his apartment for a whole week with them on. I thought to myself, I love him now!!! Fierce!!

thrillme
03-06-2008, 03:33 PM
I agree I kinda felt all along it was going to be Christen.

But...I did observe one little thing. Rami and Allison both had a comfortable studio. Rami and Allison both had outfits that could be made commercial...worn by real people.

Who in the heck is going to wear a face full of ruffles?

I do belive that Christen was the most "artistically" creative but not necessarily the most wearably creative. I could see Rami's creations in People being worn by some star on the red carpet.

But I have no problem with Christen winning. I think Rami and Allison will do fine in the fashion industry in the future and be able to get their start on their own if the push it. This will be a good start for Christen. He probably needs the help the most. The poor fella's studio was in a closet for Pete's sake.

ChipnDaleGal
03-07-2008, 09:06 AM
What a great finale!! All three really had impressive collections. I went into the finale wanting Jillian to win. After the runway shows I was rooting for Rami. His clothes were so beautiful. I thought Christian's clothes were cool to look at, but very impractical as wearable clothes. I honestly think Rami should have won, but I really liked Christian and he was so darn cute at the end getting all emotional. I am happy for him. I hope that all three of them go on to do great things and have big success. I think they are all deserving of that. Great season! :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
03-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Congratulations to Christian! It was very sweet seeing the softer side of him when he got so nervous.
For wearablity Rami's collection was really the best and I just don't get why Michael Kors is so against color. My goodness the world would be a gloomy place if we all only wore black, beige, brown, gray and white.

NotaGeek
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Congratulations to Christian! It was very sweet seeing the softer side of him when he got so nervous.
For wearablity Rami's collection was really the best and I just don't get why Michael Kors is so against color. My goodness the world would be a gloomy place if we all only wore black, beige, brown, gray and white.

I think Michael Kors is against teal and burgundy ... it was like an 80's bridesmaid dress color.

murphy1
03-13-2008, 10:44 AM
I just got to see the final collections on TV last night, I fell asleep last week and wanted to watch the whole of it. I think Rami or Jillian should have won. They had a much more creative collection (knitting, weaving, etc.) to me and are more professional acting. Christian did the same thing the whole season and then did the same stuff at the final show. I was really bored with it, b/c it all had the same colors (black and cream), puffs, feathers. As for the colors of Rami's collection, they were beautiful and used in a modern way, Chloe won Season Two with more of the fushia and blue. I thought Posh gave away that Christian was her clear favorite, so maybe that wasn't as fair.

Melanie
03-26-2008, 05:52 AM
I've just now seen the finale, and I'm not happy with Christian as the winner. I guess I just don't get it, but of course I've never claimed to be stylish. I thought Jillian should have won, with Rami close behind.

But in the long run, it really doesn't mean a thing to me who won, and at least we got a hilarious Saturday Night LIve skit out of it! :funny:

PirateLover
03-26-2008, 07:47 PM
I've just now seen the finale, and I'm not happy with Christian as the winner. I guess I just don't get it, but of course I've never claimed to be stylish. I thought Jillian should have won, with Rami close behind.

But in the long run, it really doesn't mean a thing to me who won, and at least we got a hilarious Saturday Night LIve skit out of it! :funny:

You' must be a tranny mess!!!!!! ;)

Melanie
03-26-2008, 09:26 PM
You' must be a tranny mess!!!!!! ;)

I probably am! ;)

prprincess
04-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Don't know if you've all heard yet, but after season 5 airs, Project Runway is moving from Bravo to Lifetime. I NEVER watch Lifetime, so I'm not sure how I feel about this. I just hope that it doesn't affect the show in any way!!!

PirateLover
04-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Don't know if you've all heard yet, but after season 5 airs, Project Runway is moving from Bravo to Lifetime. I NEVER watch Lifetime, so I'm not sure how I feel about this. I just hope that it doesn't affect the show in any way!!!

I agree. I feel like all of the Bravo reality competitions are very well done and have a similar feel. If it changes networks, does that mean it's the same show, just a new home? Will they change any of the judges? Can it be as edgy and relevant? I don't know- I don't watch lifetime either (except for the occasional Frasier rerun-and by the way I find it very odd that they show Frasier, lol!)

murphy1
04-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Oh, no, the manhater's channel! I bet Andy Cohen the procducer on Bravo is getting a ton of hatemail over that one!

Melanie
04-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Lifetime is a Disney network, right?

Oh, and what about Nina Garcia being ousted from Elle?

Been an interesting week behind the scenes of Project Runway!

TheDuckRocks
04-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Oh, and what about Nina Garcia being ousted from Elle?

What???

Did anybody else see the picture of Christian with Carson from Queer Eye? Can't for the life of me remember where I saw it. Interesting.

PirateLover
04-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Apparently there's a lot of drama with the Nina thing. The rumor now is that Elle fired her because she was basically letting her assistants do all her work while she was focusing on Runway. Runway had a feeling she might get axed so they've been shopping around for a replacement, but supposedly they are also in talks with Elle to make her some kind of contributing editor or editor at large. They don't want her without a major job attached to her name is what it seems like.

murphy1
04-16-2008, 09:27 AM
That stinks, of course she is going to have to delegate more. She also just has a baby last year, they should give her some slack. I wonder if they said, you're either een or you're out:D

prprincess
04-16-2008, 09:34 AM
I find it interesting how the Nina story came out right after the PR moving to Lifetime story. Makes me wonder if someone is trying to take attention from one thing, and put it on to something else. Especially since us die hard PR fans aren't liking the whole Lifetime move. Hmmmm...