PDA

View Full Version : First Night - MGM or MK?? Help!!

chick20679
08-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi all!!
OK, we leave in 20 days :joy: and I'm getting into the phase where I feel like all the plans I've made are wrong and I should change everything!!!
So, we are planning on going to MGM our first night in WDW. Here are the details: Our flight gets into MCO just before 11am, and we are planning on headed to the hotel, registering, taking a swim then heading over to MGM. We have ADR's at H&V at 4:50 and it's EMH that night. (Currently, this is the only day we have planned at MGM.)
But NOW I'm thinking I'd really like to see Wishes our first night in the World. (the fireworks really 'bring it home' for me)
So, this is where I need your help!!!
Should we stay at MGM for Fantasmic and EMH as planned OR head over to MGM ASAP after we register at the hotel, see as much as we can in a couple hours, do our ADR and then head over to MK (essentially wasting our 'priority seating' at Fantastmic)?
I just can't decide!!!

Disney Baby
08-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I have the same dilemma for our first night in October. I decided to keep the Fantamic package for the first night and we are going to see Spectomagic and Wishes later on in the trip. I tried to get the Fantasmic Dinner package for Hollywood Brown Derby on another night but it is not available. If this is your only chance to see it - I would dump Fantasmic in a heart beat to see Wishes. I'm not a Fatasmic fan but the other family with whom we are traveling has never been to WDW. Good Luck with your decision.

disneymom15
08-27-2007, 08:54 PM
We always like to take in MK for our first night, however, your plans sound just fine to me. I would keep them as planned.

mouseketeer mom
08-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Oh boy. I always do the same thing. I am the master of rearranging.
But! In this case, I'd keep things as planned, even in writing, the new plan sounded chaotic.
I'm a big MK on the first nite person, but you will start feeling the magic as soon as you touch down, feel that Florida air, see the palm trees, and that WDW arch!
Keep your plans the way they are.
First thought, Best thought!
Have fun!

faline
08-28-2007, 06:02 AM
I'd stick with the plans you have.

wdwfansince75
08-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Since we usually go during June or July, we have found EMH at MGM too crowded to do much...However, September has light crowds, so the EMH at MGM should allow you to get to all the attractions you want, keep the H&V ADR, and get your magic infusion at Fantasmic.....Stay with what you have, and don't look back.

We usually have more fun by accident than most people do on purpose....Planning could allow us to avoid accidents, but then we would miss the fun....

There is a family variation of Murphy's Law.....That which does not go in accordance with Plan is always more fun!

FenwayGirl
08-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Our tradition is Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Pkg) first night and Wishes our last..

Maggio
08-28-2007, 02:40 PM
While this is a conversation LoML and I have every time we go, we almost always settle on MK for the first night. We figure that's the best gauge for crowds ~ so you get in, go on your favorite rides, see Wishes, and gain a sense of how many other people are in the parks during your trip (we of course assume that MK is the most crowded park on a given day--which could be a very off-based assumption) ... we plan the rest of the days around it.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!