PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Purchase

PetefromRI
08-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Hey guys,
This is an easy one.Can I purchase Annual Passes at our resort when we get there and is it a big deal or cost more than getting them in advance?

Beast_fanatic
08-27-2007, 11:10 PM
You'll have to go to Guest Relations at a park or Downtown Disney to get annual passes. They are not available at the resorts (I believe it's a different ticketing system).

They will be the same price if you purchase them at WDW as if you purchase them in advance.

January-2007
08-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah, you can't get them at your resort. We got ours at the front gates at the Magic Kingdom. If you are sure you are going to buy them, I would think it would be a good idea to go ahead and buy the voucher because the ticket rates increase a few times a year, and that way you wouldn't have to pay the new price later on. Depending on how soon your trip is, of course.

PetefromRI
08-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the info.Maybe I'll buy them in advance in case of a price increase.

DDuck66
08-29-2007, 02:32 PM
If you buy them in advance, you will receive a voucher. Your actual anniversary date will not start until you trade the voucher in for your actual ticket. I bought ours in March, but did not activate them until May, so our renewal date is in late May. We usually always make a trip in early May, so we get the most trips out of our AP's.

mickeefan
08-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Since you are purchasing annual passes you might want to consider the Disney Dining Experience card. As a pass holder you can get it for $65 and save 20% off most all of your meals. We figure on Our October trip we will save around $225 on food and the card is good for a year.

PetefromRI
08-29-2007, 08:55 PM
You must be reading my mind.I was just talking with the bride tonight about getting the DDE card when we get our annual pass.Can I get that in Disney or do I have to order that in advance?

Beast_fanatic
08-29-2007, 10:46 PM
I believe you need to order the DDE (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp) in advance. Hopefully someone that knows for sure will be along soon.

mickeefan
08-30-2007, 05:58 AM
I could be wrong but I also believe you have to order in advance.
Take my case here. I am going October 1. I plan on checking, but I believe if I order early in September It's good until next September 30. It activates when you purchase it but as I recall expires at the end of the month you purchase. If you delay so that you do not actually have the card when you go they will issue you a paper verifying you have it.
You will need your voucher number to purchase the DDE card.
I managed to get two trips out of my last one and I thought it was great.

J.T.Toad
08-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I am not sure about DDE but I think you can still purchase an AP at a Disney Store
JT