PDA

View Full Version : Fountainview Cafe

packofjedis
08-27-2007, 06:34 PM
I've heard recently that the Fountainview Cafe has changed from a bakery to an ice cream shop. Has anyone been there recently? Do they still serve pastries and muffins for breakfast? Or is it only ice cream now?

Figment!
08-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Only ice cream now.

See Tidbits August 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111615)for details.

packofjedis
08-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Hey Figment, where can we get a quick breakfast in EPCOT now? We're meeting people there and need to tell them where we'll be.

Does the Electric Umbrella serve breakfast?

JPL
08-27-2007, 08:39 PM
The Electric Umbrella sometimes serves a CS breakfast it's definately not all the time. I planned on eating there last year and ended up at the Fountainview since they weren't serving breakfast that morning.

Boy will I miss my coffee and breakfast pocket from the Fountainview :(

SurferStitch
08-27-2007, 08:58 PM
That's a real bummer....I loved the Fountainview's pastries and desserts. :(

Do they at least have really good sundaes now?

Joy2theworld
08-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Fountainview was a regular stop for us as we usually waited for our fast pass time for Test Track or something. I'm sorry it isn't there anymore as I hate the counterservice breakfast and this had nicer options in my opinion. Perhaps they have something lighter in The Land downstairs? I've never been there for breakfast since it was redone.

Jared
08-28-2007, 12:00 AM
I love ice cream, but Fountainview Cafe offered excellent desserts and pastries. There are enough vendors throughout the park. We don't need another ice cream shop.

Christine
08-28-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm sad to hear this...breakfast at the Fountainview was always such a nice way to start the day at Epcot!

Oh well...I guess I'll have to just have ice cream for breakfast! :blush: