PDA

View Full Version : September..What are some good reasons to go at that time???

PiratesCove
08-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Howdy Folks! Just wondering what are some good reasons to go in September, I've been once before in September of 1999. I really don't remember that much about crowds, weather and so forth! I just need your help about deciding on September or October. The trip is a go, now just trying to figure out what month! Thanks in advance for your help!:thumbsup:

MMouse6937
08-27-2007, 04:09 PM
NO KIDS!! JK ;)

DH and I pick September because we don't have to work around summer vacation, spring break, etc. Just makes things less busy since we are flexible. It is a hotter time of the year so we have had real pleasant weather and then two years ago it was so hot you could have wrung us out. The parks are less crowded, less waiting.

Really it's horrible, you should go any other time. ;)

Anytime is wonderful in WDW but we love September. Good luck with your planning!

crazeedizneefinatic
08-27-2007, 04:12 PM
I must admit I enjoy October much better. We are going in September this year also but Free dining helped with that decision, lol! September is still considerably hot and sticky. We choose the last week of September hoping it lets up a bit. You also have the dreded "love bugs" in September. They are harmless flying insects but if you are traveling with someone who dislikes bugs it can be a nightmare. Last year they were everywhere, we are crossing our fingers for this year. I feel that both months have light crowds. Some may disagree but I did not find a problem last year. I still would choose October over September just for the heat factor.

vicster
08-27-2007, 04:30 PM
We've been going in September the past few years and love it. We're going September 15th and I can't wait. MUCH smaller lines and the weather is still decent. Although I agree that the love bugs are annoying.

rnin02
08-27-2007, 05:52 PM
The prices are great (don't they start to go up in October?), fewer children (somehow toddlers are easier to deal with from a distance than teenagers are), good weather, and free dining the past few years! Plus, now they've extended MNSSHP to September, so you can do that. I can see where October weather might be a little cooler than september, but is it that much of a difference?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-27-2007, 09:15 PM
We are big September fans. :thumbsup:

Low crowds are the biggest draw for us.
The love bugs were a major issue for us last year because our DD was terrified of them. They were out in unusally large amounts from what the CM's told us. We remembered seeing them in previous years but, nothing like last year. We are keeping our fingers crossed they are no where near as bad next month.
Free Dining does bring more crowds, especially to the table service restaurants. We are DVC members and can not get FD but, we still chose to go the same time this year.
It is hot but, not unbearable.
It is just a great time to go. We are going to MNSSHP this year for the first time. In all the years we have been going we have never done it. We can't wait!!
I can't compare to October since we have never been then but, September is great for us.

tundramom
08-27-2007, 11:39 PM
We found Sept and Oct to be equally hot:thedolls:, crowded, and both have the hurricane factor. Given a choice I would pick as late in Oct as possible. The weather the first week of November last year was absolutely lovely and crowds were much lower:cloud9:

Spaceship Tigger
08-28-2007, 07:57 AM
We choose September because it's mostly all Value season while October is all regular season now. Crowds are low because kids have just gone back to school recently. Another reason is that we've seen the Epcot F&WF twice and we now prefer to go before the start of the festival and all of the crowds come in to the park.

Gottaluvgoof
08-28-2007, 09:38 AM
September is my favorite! Free dining and low crowds make for a wonderful time. I don't remember love bugs when we were down there two years ago in September. I was down there in June and they were everywhere! Maybe they found a new spot by now :bee:
10 MORE DAYS!!!!

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-01-2007, 10:47 PM
My husband and I love going in Sept. The crowds are very low. If we have to wait in line it is maybe 5 or 10 mins. Also we don't have kids and I'm a transplant recipient (have to watch out for germs) so it's nice to go when there are very few kids and low lines. The temp is usually in the 80's or low 90's. Nice during the day and cooler at night.

chick20679
09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Aaahhh!!
We leave two weeks from tomorrow and now I'm second guessing going in September!!!
Hurricanes?! Love Bugs?!?! Hot and Humid?!?!?!
Please tell me we're not making a mistake!!
Do the low crowds and free dining make up for it?? :help:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Aaahhh!!
We leave two weeks from tomorrow and now I'm second guessing going in September!!!
Hurricanes?! Love Bugs?!?! Hot and Humid?!?!?!
Please tell me we're not making a mistake!!
Do the low crowds and free dining make up for it?? :help:

Don't worry, you will have a great trip!!:mickey:

We have gone to WDW 9 out of our last ten trips in September and have always had great weather...no hurricanes. (Now I hope I didn't jinx myself.:fingers:) Yes, it is absolutely hot and humid. No playing that one down.
We have always seen a few Love Bugs here and there. Last year they were horrendous but, everyone there told us that they were no where near as bad each year as they were then. We were there the second week of September and they were everywhere. Yuck!! We are keeping our fingers crossed for no Love Bugs too. My DD 3 hates them!!

There have always been low crowds during this time which is why even though we can't get Free Dining (we are DVC members) we are going the 13-22nd. Most rides were walk ons and with the exception of Soarin, the big rides only had a 10-15 minute wait if any.

You will be fine. Remember...You are in WDW!! :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-02-2007, 05:05 PM
I guess how you feel about the weather depends on where you are from. Nashville is always extremely humid so it's less humid in Orlando so it doesn't bother me. Also, it's been extremely hot here in the 100's and high 90's so the low 90's and high 80's it's been there isn't bad.

As for the lovebugs I don't think they are bad and I HATE bugs. I saw them at the bus stops and around the resorts but didn't have any problem with them in the park.

I think you choose the perfect time to go. I've been other times of the year and think this is the best time to go.