PDA

View Full Version : How is O'hana?

mjaclyn
08-27-2007, 02:12 PM
A large group of my family and friends are travelling to WDW in a couple of weeks (YAY!) and I made all of our Dining reservations months ago including 'O'hana'. None of us have ever eaten there and some of the members of my group are now second guessing my choice. Help me convince them! I've never been there myself, but I've heard such great things about it that I had to try it. Any comments on O'hana?

MMouse6937
08-27-2007, 02:16 PM
This is one of the best places IMHO to eat at WDW. They have great food and the atmosphere is wonderful. Last time we went we were seated right by the window and had a great view of the MK while we ate. They have sweet and sour shrimp appetizer, wontons, chicken wings. Then the main course is the yummy meats that are brought to your table with various dipping sauces. It's great, I don't think anyone in your party will be disappointed! YUM! THREE WEEKS!! :party:

BrerStitch
08-27-2007, 02:17 PM
The DH and I really enjoyed Ohana. We have eaten there for 3 years. It's really nice if you have kids in the group also because there are activities such as hula and coconut rolling that take place during dinner.

The food there is really great and always hot. I like how the meat is served off of skewers that the wait staff walk around with. It's also cooked over the large open fire, it's a great site. If you are seated near the windows the view of the resort and surrounding area is well worth it. In addition, if you get to your reservation early, have a seat right in the waiting area by the restaurant and you can grab a drink at the bar or let a waitress bring you one.

It's close to the MK if you're going to use the monorail. But seriously, the food is well worth it!

poeticeclipse
08-27-2007, 02:27 PM
If you love food and lots of it.. you'll love 'O hana. It is one of my favorite places to eat at WDW and is always on my must-do list. Atmosphere is great. Food is great. Entertainment is great. It can be romantic at night or family friendly around dinner time. Whatever you want... they've got!

#1donaldfan
08-27-2007, 02:42 PM
That dinner was one of the best ever, that we've experienced. You WILL LOVE it.......Please remember to be very hungry when you show up.......they feed you so much, you'll be busting at the seams when you leave. I also liked the wait.......yes the wait....we were in the bar area just ouside the dinning area and that was awesome in itself........do whatever you can to talk them into it, if you go, you'll be the hero..............

disneycouple2004
08-27-2007, 02:48 PM
BEST EVER !! Its the one we never miss..you will love it and so will everyone else..you can check out the menu right here on intercot..the food is excellent..and that bread pudding...OMG...you will not believe how good it is...:thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-27-2007, 02:55 PM
The food is GREAT! We are going back again in Sept. You get tons of food. We left stuffed! Also, if you have reservations around the time that MK does Wishes you can see the fireworks from the restaurant. It is worth it.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Be sure to order a Lapu Lapu for me:papple:

Vinny
08-27-2007, 03:57 PM
A large group of my family and friends are traveling to WDW in a couple of weeks (YAY!) and I made all of our Dining reservations months ago including 'O'hana'. None of us have ever eaten there and some of the members of my group are now second guessing my choice. Help me convince them! I've never been there myself, but I've heard such great things about it that I had to try it. Any comments on O'hana?

We have been going to WDW since 1990 but it took us until our last trip this past June to try Ohana and it exceeded all of our expectations. Although the whole family does not take an annual WDW trip anymore, my father and I have kept up the tradition for the past few years. A few trips ago we decided to start trying some of the restaurants that we always used to just walk by when I was younger. Our first selection was the Hollywood Brown Derby (Nov. 2006) at MGM and it became our then favorite restaurant at WDW. That was up until our trip this June when we went to Ohana. The food is prepared very good and tastes great. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the entertainment is fun to watch. We also enjoyed the desert. It was a great way to top off the meal. It was the first ADR I made when we booked our Feb. 2008 trip a couple of weeks ago. Ohana is now our favorite dining experience at WDW and is a 'must do' for all of our future trips. Stick with Ohana, you can't go wrong. Have a good trip!!

TheMartellFamily
08-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Ok, the menu does not seem like much but let me tell you it is the best on site for a meal. It is truly an experience to go there and eat. If there are kids there that may not like what is on the menuthey will help you with that. Do not give up this great ressie it is a wonderful.

brownie
08-27-2007, 04:46 PM
It's been almost 3 years, but our last trip was our first visit to 'Ohana, for dinner. We loved it! The food and service were really good, and I really enjoyed my "snowball" for dessert. We said we would make it one of our regular meal stops on our future trips.

IloveDisney71
08-27-2007, 06:19 PM
I LOVE Ohana's!!! It is a must for us on every trip. The food is always amazing, the wait staff terrific, and the entertainment is fun in a family atmosphere. I have been lucky enough to have a table 2 times by the window facing the MK. We saw Wishes both times. They play the Wishes music and it was really magical. I think there is something for everyone on the menu and they will bring more if you ask for it. My daughter went nuts over their potatoes! :)
I say, just show your doubters some reviews or let them read these posts and you'll win them over. I will be there to enjoy Ohanas in Decemer - I can't wait!!!

Madame Leona
08-27-2007, 11:30 PM
We've had excellent food there and just so so food. The chicken wings are always excellent, the bread is wonderful, and the bread pudding is to die for. I think 'Ohana is a place everyone should try once if only for the atmosphere.

Jared
08-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Why would anyone question your decision? 'Ohana is one of the best restaurants in Walt Disney World! The appetizers and grilled meats are delicious, and the dipping sauces add wonderful flavor to the otherwise dull entree.

Children love the atmosphere, especially the hula hoop contests and coconut races. Tables near the window sport a special and unique view of Wishes.

Enjoy your meal!

laward32
08-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Awesome!!! Awesome!!! Awesome!!! Food is terrific, service is excellent and great entertainment. All you can eat and all of the food has great flavor. Don't pass it up! I don't think you could go wrong. Have a great trip!!!:mickey:
57 days and counting!!!!:woohoo: