08-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Southwest is booking through March 7,2008! :thumbsup:

faline
08-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the information!

tyandskyesmom
08-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Southwest is booking through March 7,2008! :thumbsup:

But OMG!!!!! Prices for January are HIGH!!!!

Maybe I won't be going as soon as I thought!!!!

dmallan
08-27-2007, 04:02 PM

I'll say they're high! :( I was able to book our flight down months ago at $69. I can't believe the return flight will cost us $175.

I guess I'll have to hope for some good DING fares for January. Trouble is the DING specials don't usually come out until a month or so before. I hate waiting that long.

Bluesky481
08-27-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm trying to find reasonable airfare for January as well! Does Southwest typically post such high rates when they are first released? Can we expect them to drop at some point?? Anyone with any kind of experience with SW who could lend a hand would be greatly appreciated:D

MPoppins
08-27-2007, 06:30 PM

Maybe I won't be going as soon as I thought!!!!

Prices are high for February as well!!! I guess the good old days of really low SW fares are over. :( Although, the alternative (for my family, at least) is flying Continental at over $1,000 more than what I booked today with SW. I'll have to listen for the blessed "Ding!" for the next few months and keep my fingers crossed for a lower fare. :tink:

dmallan
08-27-2007, 06:44 PM
I think chances of better fares are good. The agent I spoke with today said to check every Tuesday morning as that is when their sale fares are posted.

Interesting that when I put in for a one way from Orlando to Buffalo (since I already have our flights down there) it came up as $175, but when I put it in as if I wanted round trip, it came up as $89 each way. I may end up canceling the original flights and going with $89 each way, since it would be far less than the alternative.

I'm just going to watch for a couple weeks and see what kind of deals come up.