PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Adults only trip to Disney World

Alpha Jeanie
08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Do you have any suggestions of special things to do for couples traveling without kids to Disney World?

My husband has suprised me with a 3 night trip to Disney World for just the 2 of us the first weekend in October. We already have reservations to take the whole family in May, but he will be in Orlando for a convention the first week in Oct. and has suprised me with a trip the weekend before the convention starts.

My birthday is Sept. 27 and his is on Oct 8th. :party: We usually try to do something fun on the weekend in between our birthdays, but I never expected a trip to Disney. I am a Disney fanatic and an Intercot junkie.

We will actually be there Oct 5-8th.
We are SO excited to be there for the Food & Wine Festival. :marg::beer: We have ADR's at Ohana, Spoodles and Breakfast at Boma on our last morning there. We originaly had ADR's at Teppanyaki that were cancelled due to the longer than expected renovations, so we will just eat at all the Food & Wine Festival marketplaces one night at Epcot.

It would be fun to do something out of the ordinary since it will be our birthday :party: celebration and we will be without the kids. I would appreciate any suggestions.
May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
Past Trips:
May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
August 1997- Off Site
Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

xipetotec
08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
I went down with just DW last October as well. We were going SPECIFICALLY for the Halloween season. Yes, we have kids. But had been with them the previous March and the opportunity arose for us to be able to go just the two of us and we snatched it up.

We went to see MNSSHP and Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. If you're at all into Halloween and/or horror films, the latter is just an awesome thing to do. And even though Disney's Halloween party is more children accessible, it is still fun for two adults.

That being said, on the more conservative, why don't you guys take in LA Nouba? DW and I did this on an "us" night last family trip down and had a great time. Maybe preface it with dinner at a special place...

On the more convention al Disney stuff

jenny1976
08-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey!
My DH & I don't have kids, so we always go alone (we go yearly). My suggestion would be a Fireworks cruise. They are a little pricy ($225) but it's spectacular. You could call private dinning and arrange a picnic or meal on board (makes for wonderful memories but can put a hole in your wallet).
Also, a couple's massage at one of the Spas, a little pricy as welll, but well worth it.
You could try to get ressies @ the Chef's Table @ Victoria and Albert's or in any restaurant you might particularly enjoy.
You could also arrange a basket to be delivered, Disney Florist has many, with many price ranges and there are couple's baskets as well. You can see Wishes from the Poly or any of the "beachy" resorts. Nothing more romantic than to see Wishes or IllumiNations in a more secluded Resort area, holding hands.
FInally, you could go golfing or do a tour, depending on what you like.
Hope it helps! Have a wonderful time!

20 days away from the happiest place on Earth!!:cloud9:

DDuck66
08-27-2007, 02:41 PM
My DW and I are going to the MNSSHP on the Fourth of October and next May we are going for our anniversary. I am going to do a Fireworks cruise for Wishes. Hopefully I can plan it without her finding out about it.

GrumpyFan
08-27-2007, 03:10 PM
DW and I try to take a trip with just the two of us every other time. We've been able to do it about 5 or 6 times, and find it amazingly fun, enjoyable and relaxing. Here are a few suggestions, also check out Romance at Walt Disney World (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp) and A Disney World Valentine! (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/valentinesday.asp) for some great ideas.

Take a stroll on a beach, Poly, GF, BW, Y&BC, maybe find a hammock and just rest a while.
Stroll along the Boardwalk after sunset, go to Jellyrolls or Atlantic Dance.
Ride the TTA multiple times around, not getting off.
Spa treatment at GF
Lazy day at your hotel poolMostly, I would just encourage the two of you to have fun. Pretend your kids again and just play.

ginger19
08-27-2007, 03:10 PM
DH and I will be doing a golfing vacation there in January with a few spa visits mixed in.
We are already going in Oct with the little ones and we went back in January so we won't be in the parks a whole lot. Mostly just drinks in EPCOT.