PDA

View Full Version : Doggy Bags

Lizzie
08-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Because of how packed the restaurants are in September. We have one really late reservation. Its at the beginning of our trip where our kids may not be adjusted to the time change. But if the kids start getting fussy will they box up the rest of the meal for us and let us bring it home?

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Absolutely. We had a couple times we wanted to take it with us. Just let your waitstaff know you want to box it up, they will take care of you.

Have a great trip.:party:

Mickey'sGirl
08-27-2007, 12:29 PM
We have found the CM's to be extremely accomodating in this regard. I always have some Zip Loc baggies on me as well for stowing away uneaten Mickey Crackers and such ...

There are a couple of things to consider, however. How long until you get "home" (Do you really want to be trekking food around in the heat) and will you have somewhere to store the food once you are at your resort (The All Stars and Pop do not have complimentary fridges in the room).

Maybe your kids want to consider sharing meals for the first day or so, in order to reduce any potential wastage?? Just a thought.

I hope you have a fabulous time! :mickey:

Lizzie
08-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Good to know. Its a late night meal so we would end up taking it home putting the kids to bed, and my husband and I would sit in the hotel room and eat while the kids are sleeping.

Cozfamilyof6
08-27-2007, 07:22 PM
When we ate at CMC last November, the waitress said it was against policy to let us take food out of the restaurant. Reason being, she said, that the food can spoil and we could get sick. Something about brining food into the parks or something too....Even though I doubt we'd have the food out long enough to spoil, she still said 'no'.

January-2007
08-28-2007, 11:45 AM
When we ate at CMC last November, the waitress said it was against policy to let us take food out of the restaurant. Reason being, she said, that the food can spoil and we could get sick. Something about brining food into the parks or something too....Even though I doubt we'd have the food out long enough to spoil, she still said 'no'.

Cape May Cafe is a buffet. I have never encountered a buffet restaurant whether it be in WDW or otherwise to let patrons take the food with them. That's just customary because it's all you can eat.

I've read lots of posts about people bringing leftovers back with them from their meals. Have a great trip. :mickey: