PDA

View Full Version : cutting through epcot to beach club

ledudes
08-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to ride the monorail from MK to Epcot and walk back to the Beach Club in the evening even if it is close to closing time? It is difficult to take the bus with 2 strollers so I am wondering if I could avoid it by using the monorail then walking through the international gateway. I am just not sure how late I could do this.

spinnerf
08-27-2007, 12:52 PM
you can definately do this but you are limited to what time epcot closes. when the park is closed there is no other path to the beachclub. Im not sure when they "stop" letting people into epcot though. up to closing? 15, 30 minutes prior?

faline
08-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Also, entering a park will use a day on your park ticket. Plus, if you don't have the hopper option and already went to another park that day, you could not enter a second park.

DizneyRox
08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
The monorail doesn't go from MK to Epcot, it goes from MK to TTC and then you need to exit and board another monorail from TTC over to Epcot.

In order to do this, I believe you'll also need a park hopper ticket. They may let you through very close to closing I'm not sure about that though.

The walk is a pretty good one though, and remember you'll be going against traffic about 80% of the way through Epcot. It might not be easier especially with strollers.

MidnTPK
08-27-2007, 01:21 PM
The walk from the Epcot Monorail station to the BC is a llitle more than 8/10ths of a mile (I've Google pedometer-ed it out). That's an awfully long walk late in the evening and against traffic.

KylesMom
08-27-2007, 02:29 PM
I concur that it's an awful long walk from the Epcot monorail station through Future World, into World Showcase and out the International Gateway after you've had to switch monorails @ TTC. Especially after the mass exit which occurs after Illuminations.

kakn7294
08-27-2007, 03:41 PM
We've cut through Epcot before in order to get to the ESPN Club from our resort. Let me just say, it's NOT easy! You must take either monorail to TTC where you will change monorails to get to Epcot. You must have all bags inspected before entering the park. You must have a park hopper on your ticket to enter. You must then walk all the way through Epcot from FW to the International Gateway and it's no little walk in the park (pardon the pun) - it's quite a loooong distance and depending on the time, everyone else will either be exiting or crowding around WS lagoon. You must then exit through the International Gateway and take another looooong hike to the BC. All in all, it's probably quicker and less of a hassle to fold up those strollers and take a bus.

ledudes
08-27-2007, 04:53 PM
All good points, thanks. I hadn't considered the walking against traffic thing. I guess it will be best to struggle with the strollers on the bus.