PDA

View Full Version : Water park wear

DisneyCouple07
08-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Hi everyone,
This year we are taking advantage of the water parks (TL most likely) and wanted to know some do's and don'ts.
1. I know water shoes are allowed, but can they worn on the slides or do they have to be taken off? Also, are flip-flops ok too?
2. I know t-shirts are allowed for the more self-concious of us, but do they get uncomfortable/bunched up on the slides? or do they need to be taken off before sliding?
3. On a related note, my DW will be wearing swim trunks over her suit (w/o grommets), but my sister wanted to know if a cover up/wrap is ok too?
Thanks for any insight.:mickey:

EpcotNut
08-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure about #2 and #3, but water shoes do not have to be taken off. Was there in September and dont' know what we woudl have done without them! Enjoy!:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 09:47 AM
The only ride, I can think of, that makes you remove your water shoes is the huge water power wedgie slide. If you had on your shoes and went down that slide and caught your shoe on something.....rip....what a terrible, horrible accident. You would probably break or lose a limb. As for coverups etc. I think you can wear them in/on most places, again, with the exception of the huge slide. Have a great time.

Piglet822
08-27-2007, 06:41 PM
If you sit in a tube on the slide you can keep your water shoes on. If it's one with no tube, you'll be asked to take your shoes off.

We were at TL two weekends ago and had to do this. As one poster previously mentioned, if you get your foot caught on something and the shoe doesn't move freely, you could seriously hurt yourself :nurse:

DisneyCouple07
08-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the info. I don't think that we'll be doing too many body slides, so we're good to go. :thumbsup:

Only 22 days, 21 hours, and....:mickey: