PDA

View Full Version : Best Attractions in Epcot

tman
08-27-2007, 08:23 AM
On my last post, I was convinced to go to Epcot. Now I was wondering what are the best attractions in Epcot? We will have a nine and seven year old and one day at the park.

grumpyguy
08-27-2007, 08:29 AM
the land pavilion is full of great things,the ellen
ride is a great place to rest your feet and cool off,test track if your kids are the brave type,
definetly spaceship earth.
while epcot isn't my favorite park it is a must do on each visit.if you can explore world showcase with the kids plan a whole day and stick around for the fireworks at night.
gg out!!:thumbsup:

offero
08-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Also...
The seas with Nemo was pretty cool even for us grown ups, as was Sorin. If you "dislike" heights or flying as I do, ask to sit in the back or bottom, the initial lift is not so bad then.

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 09:14 AM
I recommend the Kidcot stops and the Passports. Your kids will meet people from that country and learn a bit about them as well. Have a great time

julyjewel
08-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Test Track was fun and World Showcase.

GrmGrninGost
08-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Don't miss Soarin'! Also, Test Track is really good. My family loved Space Ship earth, hope they haven't messed it up with the rehab! You also might want to do the kidcot stops in the World Showcase. EPCOT is a wonderful park! Enjoy it! :mickey:

kjmom
08-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Soarin, Test Track, & Mission Space are all must sees

teambricker04
08-27-2007, 08:47 PM
For Thrills: Mission Space (Your kids could do the non spinning version if they don't like big thrills), Test Track

Fun for Kids and Adults: Living Seas, Soarin', Journey into Imagination (They have a photo thing at the end you can take your pics and alter them and email them off.)

My favorite country is Norway with Japan running a close second!

hnybear22
08-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Definatley do the Kid Kot stops in World Showcase.
:mickey: My DD(9) still has her mask on her wall. She really enjoyed collecting the stamps and adding the different cut outs at each country. The young people at the tables are very friendly and easy to talk to, and she learned alot by taking to them.
We also used the mask as a show and tell at school when we got back.
Most of the tables are set up in one of the shops in each country and in view of most of the store, so the kids get to rest their feet and color while mom and dad can shop and still keep an eye on the kids.
We haven't tried the passport, but may this year for extra school credit.

#1donaldfan
08-27-2007, 09:25 PM
My kids didn't care much for the kidcot thing, so with one day I would definately go to Soarin first to try to beat the long line....next on the other side of the park I would fastpass test track, and go ride mission space...they have a less intense version, if you choose. After mission space I would do, depending on how long it took, go to test track....it may be too early, so I would grab a free drink at the ice cool station (it's close to the breesway on the right side, just before going toward soarin)...stay away from Beverly, unless you like very bitter drinks.....from there back to test track if you didn't get to do it, then I would try the new nemo ride...it's pretty good....you'll kinda be "zig zagging" around, so get a map and cut through the cooler stores to save some time.....after that, eat some fish and chips in England and just walk around the world showcase.....go into whatever attractions appeal to you from there......have fun....

2Epcot
08-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Soarin' and Test Track are certainly attractions you shouldn't miss. Also, you can't go to Epcot without going on Spaceship Earth at least once. The American Adventure is one of my favorites, though not sure if it might be a little boring for the kids ... a little history, mixed with interesting sets and animatronics. Universe of Energy / Ellen's Adventure is long, but the dinasour section is cool. Nemo opened since the last time I was there, so I have not ridden that yet.

RAIDER
08-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Soarin

Test Track

The Land

Spaceship Earth

brownie
08-28-2007, 09:16 AM
My favorites in Future World are Test Track, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, and Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. I haven't been on Soarin' at WDW, but we did ride it at California Adventure this summer, so I have to add that to the list, too. Also be sure to catch the Jammitors.

Check out the countries in World Showcase, catch the American Adventure show and Impressions de France, and ride the Maelstrom. The Japanese drummers are cool, and Morockin' is good, too.

poeticeclipse
08-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Don't leave Epcot without riding Spaceship Earth. Great for families.

Test Track is another great one as is Soarin'.

Also, World Showcase is WONDERFUL. My favorite part of Epcot.

Momof2boys
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
We have boys that age and they love Epcot. We do the pressed pennies so they love searching for the machines. Also, as mentioned the passports and Kidcot stops. They also enjoy looking at the different toys in the pavilions. For rides, Test Track, Maelstorm, & Soarin are our family faves at Epcot. THey enjoy Universe of Energy as well :)

jwallace378
08-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Must sees for me include: Soarin, Test Track, Mission: Space (if you have strong stomachs), Spaceship Earth, and Maelstrom (in Norway).

Disney Doll
08-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Must ride: Mission Space, Test Track, and Soarin'
Must see: Seas with Nemo and Friends, World Showcase, Illuminations

Ride if you have time: Universe of Energy & Spaceship Earth- both very good, but may not be that exciting for your kids. Educational rides not thrill rides

I'd spend any extra time in World Showcase. Great food selections with plenty to see and do.

gtpooh
08-28-2007, 04:01 PM
I'd say definitely hit Soarin and Test Track. I think Spaceship Earth is a must see as well. I really like having lunch at The Land Pavillion as well. Have fun!

amd780
08-28-2007, 08:28 PM
I agree that the Kidcot stops are great. The last time I visited WDW with my family, my sister was 6. She couldn't get enough of them! She loved creating her mask and would proudly show the family her progress after each stop.

In Future World, I recommend:
Soarin' - the scenery is breathtaking!

Test Track - thrilling as well as interesting/educational - I'm really not a thrill-ride person (motion sickness) but loved TT.

Spaceship Earth - a classic that's been recently refurbished.

Have a wonderful trip! :mickey: