PDA

View Full Version : Jiko or Boma

crazykids
08-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Which is better for dinner?

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
08-27-2007, 09:38 AM
I don't know when you are going, but my fiance and I are going in 3 weeks and eating at both places so if you do not need an answer immeditiatly I will let you know after our return.

DVC2004
08-27-2007, 10:03 AM
I love Jiko- great flavorful food and great wine selection. Also a wonderful atmosphere. African-inspired flavors- although not spicey in the sense of hot but rather flavorful.

Boma- I haven't tried it but it gets good reviews. It is a buffet so if that does not appeal to you- just so you know.

pox24
08-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Boma.... Best bang for the buck. Jiko is very good but I think its overpriced for the portions you get.

ThanxForNoticin
08-27-2007, 12:31 PM
It depends on your preferences. Both are excellent - Boma is our favorite (actually one of our favorites in all of Disney). The food and service at both places are excellent. We just prefer the more casual feel to Boma, and the chance to get up, walk around, and sample so many new and terrific items at the buffet. If you have kids, Boma is definitely the way to go. Enjoy your dinner, whichever place you choose.

newcarsmell
08-27-2007, 10:23 PM
While I'd have to give the edge to Jiko, I might have to choose Boma simply because the food is so very interesting and well done at both restaurants and being able to choose only a couple of things off the menu is really tough. Sampling your way through the buffet at Boma is a real pleasure.

Jared
08-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Who is dining and what are you expecting? Boma is arguably the best restaurant in Walt Disney World and definitely the best buffet. The soups and salads are delicious. So are most of the entrees. Children and picky adults will find traditional selections while adventurous eaters can try authentic African fare.

Jiko is oriented toward adults and is accordingly worth two credits on the Disney Dining Plan. Many rave about the gigantic African wine list and beautifully presented food.

If you want a family dinner, try Boma. If fine dining is the ticket, try Jiko. Honestly, both restaurants are absolutely wonderful.

:tasty:

disney
08-28-2007, 12:40 AM
:chef:Boma by far is the best.:number1: