PDA

View Full Version : "Real" Cribs at CR?

pooh0601
08-27-2007, 07:07 AM
I know they aren't as big, but isn't it possible to get an actual crib and not a pack-n-play at the Contemporary? We are checking in tomorrow and I called them yesterday(the CR) and they said they had them. They transferred me to central reservations and had them add it to my requests.

If I recall correctly, don't take try to get them from another resort if they are all out or don't have any?

Thanks!

Jen C.
08-27-2007, 07:38 AM
We stayed at the CR last Sept, and had noted that we too wanted a "real" crib. I requested it at check-in as well, but was only brought up a pack and play. I inquired further, even checking with the concierge CM's, and was told it was "all pack and plays", no more wooden or metal cribs. Upon our return, I am now hearing that the wooden cribs are still around. :confused:
I know this year we were taking no chances, and rented a full size crib from ABBF. Hopefullly, you willl have better luck than I. I will be anxious to hear about your crib when you return. We see you down there...we leave on Wed.:thumbsup: Have a safe trip!:D

Jenemmy
08-27-2007, 08:06 AM
I was there last September as well and could only get the pack and play variety! Sorry!! Hope something works out for you and you have an incredible trip :mickey:

RBrooksC
08-27-2007, 08:09 AM
A Pack and Play should work fine. My wife and I bought a Pack and Play before our son was born and that is the only thing we used when we went to visit friends and he needed some place to sleep. He is 18 months and we still use it with him when we travel.

4myprincesses
08-27-2007, 09:15 AM
I am wishing we could get a real crib as well. Our twins only sleep together, a pack and play will not have the space in it they need. Aside from that, they have slept overnight in a pack and play one time (we don't get out much with all the girls!)
Are there places to rent a real crib from?

TheRustyScupper
08-27-2007, 01:04 PM
1) ALL resorts have "real" cribs.
2) Some are metal, but mot are wooden.
3) If the resort is out of them, they can get them elsewhere.
4) The only glitch is that they have limited amounts of crib sheets.
5) And, it is dangerous to use a regular size sheet on a crib.

TammiMcMan
08-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Are there places to rent a real crib from?Jen C mentioned A Baby's Best Friend in her thread. Just do a google search and you should come up with the information you need.

mttafire
08-27-2007, 04:48 PM
A Pack and Play should work fine. My wife and I bought a Pack and Play before our son was born and that is the only thing we used when we went to visit friends and he needed some place to sleep. He is 18 months and we still use it with him when we travel.
Yep. The pack and play will work fine. Thats all we used on the "road".:thumbsup: