PDA

View Full Version : tips for room request at Pop?

septembergirl
08-27-2007, 02:16 AM
Does anyone have a great experience to share regarding your room at Pop? Any suggestions on making a request there? We will be staying in a preferred location, traveling with one small child who needs to nap some, would like to be as close to the food court/pool/arcade as possible, and are using WDW transportation so parking will not be an issue but the bus stop will.
Thanks for any help.:mickey:

teamblackwell
08-27-2007, 02:57 AM
Yeah,
My only suggestion is to get a ground floor room. We were on the third floor and naps were almost impossible at times. Cuz, room access is through balconies that shake the whole room when kids run up and down them.

Tink's Mom
08-27-2007, 06:00 AM
I have faxed resorts before with room requests, and I have also called them in. Sometimes they honor my request, and sometimes they do not. So what I have found that works best for me, is to wait to check in. They usually already have a room assigned, but I ask them to please show me where it is on the resort map. If it is not to my liking, I ask them to please see if they can move us to an area that we would prefer. They have always done this, and have always been very gracious. Hope you have a great stay!

septembergirl
08-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah,
My only suggestion is to get a ground floor room. We were on the third floor and naps were almost impossible at times. Cuz, room access is through balconies that shake the whole room when kids run up and down them.

This gives me a good excuse to stay on the ground floor as I am nervous of heights and particularly dislike motel balconies. I was going to try and overcome my fear on this trip if we ended up on an upper floor but now I have an excuse to pu that off until later!

disneymaster
08-30-2007, 12:55 AM
First off, I LOVE the pop. It is such a great hotel. Now, I have to disagree with the person that said the first floor. Depending on the side you are on, the first floor could be the path of many, many loud people heading to and from the pool. Also, again depending on where you are in relation to the stairs from the top floor, your room window could be the main path to the buses for your whole building! I like the top floor (4th floor) becuase the ONLY people that walk around that top floor is the people staying on that side of the building. Also, you only have to deal with a little noise from people below you but its a lot better than hearing people walk all over you from the 2nd floor when you are below them.

The first stay we had a 1st floor room and hated it. The people above us let there kids jump all over the beds and you could hear every jump. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, we where the main path to the pool and buses....and lets face it. Most people at Disney get up before the sun comes up, lol. If I was bringing kids that needed a nap mid-day, maybe you should get the top floor. Just some things to consider that most people don't think about.