PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining?

AlyceMarie03
08-27-2007, 01:27 AM
This is our first trip to WDW and I'm still confused or just have questions about somethings.

A lot of places that we are eating at has Chracter Dining. How Does Character Dining work? Do the Characters come up to you while your eating? Do you meet them before you eat? I'm confused, Lol:0)

TIA!

EmisDisneyMom
08-27-2007, 01:38 AM
The characters mingle as you eat and on occasion - larger charcters or "couples" mostly will have a special place they hang out and you go to them at your leasure.

dephenn
08-27-2007, 06:44 AM
The Characters come right to your table. We have done quite a few and have found it to be the best way to meet them. At Chef Mickey's usually Minney or Donald will stand on the outside (not behind the counter) middle of the buffet line so you have to go up and see them. We have gone three times and each time it was set up like that. Well have a great first trip, I hope you have a majical vacation.

brownie
08-27-2007, 07:51 AM
They come visit you at your table, so you should be able to see most, if not all, the characters at a particular character meal.

DDuck66
08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Since, you can see the characters making there trip around the restaurant, we usually just grab some juice and a donut until we have seen all of them. Then we can enjoy our food without having to stop for pictures and autographs. Once they have come by to see you, they will often stop by again to pick on you. Chip and Dale especially love to "steal" your food.

MMouse6937
08-27-2007, 11:26 AM
We have also eaten at Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Crystal Palace for dinner. At Chef Mickey's Goofy was out front to take pictures with you before you were seated and then the rest of the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale) come to your table while you're eating. At Crystal Palace all of the Winnie the Pooh characters came to our table throughout the meal. As a side note, we don't have any kids and I was really worried that we wouldn't get any time with the characters (I have to get my pictures taken with Mickey before my vacation can start) but we were really happy that they came to us anyways and interacted with us just great. It was really nice. We also helped the family across from us at CP by taking all of their pictures with Eeyore. I love the character meals! Have a great time! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
08-27-2007, 12:44 PM
The characters interact with guests.....actually they come around in a paticular order to each table.....you have limited time with each one for signing an authograph book and a picture. Every character meal we've done was well worth it, as the kids loved the attention from their favorite character...limited as it was.....

JCDarzi
08-27-2007, 03:35 PM
We love character dining! It's much better for seeing the characters and getting autographs than standing in long lines. For instance, last year in September we waited over an hour to see 3 princesses at Toontown in MK. A couple of days later, we saw all these princesses plus 3 or 4 more (can't remember how many) at the princess breakfast at Akershus. We had an entire meal and character interaction in the same amount of time that we stood in line at Toontown.