PDA

View Full Version : Table Service Dining Attack Plan

iDisney
08-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Hello everyone. After much thought and consideration, I believe that I have planned our dining for our January trip. They are as follows:

Friday (Land after 6 PM): We will use our Planet Hollywood $15 voucher here. We are not worried about the out-of-pocket cost.

Saturday (Magic Kingdom): We will be doing the Character Dining at the Crystal Palace. What a great way to start our vacation!

Sunday (Epcot): Lunch at the Coral Reef

Monday (Animal Kingdom): Dinner at the California Grill (using our unused TS voucher for Friday)

Tuesday (Hollywood Studios): Dinner at the Prime Time Cafe

Wednesday (Epcot/Misc. Park Hopping): Dinner at the Rose & Crown to watch IllumiNations (A great way to end the WDW Portion of our trip!)

What do you think of these plans? What time should I make the ADR's for? I'm completely new to the dining plan and ADR's for that matter. We usually just "winged" our dining.

Also, what is appropriate attire for California Grill? I was thinking kaki pants with a Hawaiian print top. Would this be out of place? And what about women's attire? I know what the brochure says, but what actually happens inside?

Any info, tips, and advice are welcome! Thanks!

DDuck66
08-27-2007, 11:27 AM
You need to call as soon as possible for your ADR's. I think you have already passed the 180 day out mark. For the meals that you do not have listed are you just planning on CS meals??
January may not be the most crowded of times but the restaurants to tend to get filled up and you have several of the more popular restaurants.

BrerStitch
08-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Your dining plans sound great. I also suggest that you make your ADR's as soon as possible. I believe for watching Illuminations you will want to be seated about 45 minutes ahead of time. If you're eating at California Grill you might want to try and get late ADR's there so that you can watch Wishes. They pipe in the music while the show takes place. I've heard it's very romantic and fun. Again, plan on being seated 45 minutes prior to the start of the fireworks.

As for other times, the DH and I like to eat around 5 or 5:30, it seems nice then, not too crowded, and then most people that follow the advice of taking a later dinner time are just being seated when you're getting out. The rides are less crowded then! Have fun!

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Hello everyone. After much thought and consideration, I believe that I have planned our dining for our January trip. They are as follows:

Friday (Land after 6 PM): We will use our Planet Hollywood $15 voucher here. We are not worried about the out-of-pocket cost.

Saturday (Magic Kingdom): We will be doing the Character Dining at the Crystal Palace. What a great way to start our vacation!

Sunday (Epcot): Lunch at the Coral Reef

Monday (Animal Kingdom): Dinner at the California Grill (using our unused TS voucher for Friday)

Tuesday (Hollywood Studios): Dinner at the Prime Time Cafe

Wednesday (Epcot/Misc. Park Hopping): Dinner at the Rose & Crown to watch IllumiNations (A great way to end the WDW Portion of our trip!)

What do you think of these plans? What time should I make the ADR's for? I'm completely new to the dining plan and ADR's for that matter. We usually just "winged" our dining.

Also, what is appropriate attire for California Grill? I was thinking kaki pants with a Hawaiian print top. Would this be out of place? And what about women's attire? I know what the brochure says, but what actually happens inside?

Any info, tips, and advice are welcome! Thanks!
1. Planet Hollywood - have fun, great atmosphere.

2. Crystal Palace - Morning? - go early as possible, this way you are in the park early. Dinner? - plan on an hour and ahalf before Spectro magic parade, this way you won't miss anything. You can leave from dinner and see the parade.

3. Coral Reef - If you are planning a special occasion, plan for a diver to float by your table with that special message.

4. California Grill - have your seating time about an hour prior to wishes. We were able to talk with waitress, order and eat appetizer, the chef held our filets and we watched wishes on the skywalk, then once seated back at our table, they brought our entree. Then we had dessert. It was a fabulous dinner, even though we didn't get a window table. Your clothing is perfectly fine. I wore a spaghetti strap cami tank and capri pants with my mickey crocs. My DH wore his kahki bermuda shorts and a hawaiian shirt with his mickey crocs.

5. 50's Prime Time - great food, but may I suggest either Mama Melrose's or Hollywood and Vine and do the fantasmic dinner package on your dining plan. It is still only 1TS credit per person, but this way you are secured seating in a special area for this dinner package and you don't have to wait in line for 90-120 minutes in order to get a decent seat.

6. Rose and Crown - we have always had our ressies for 745-800pm. We check in about 30 minutes early and request an outside table to enjoy the show. Three times now we have been seated outside against the railing by the lagoon.

Have a great time and enjoy!

LoriMistress
08-27-2007, 06:37 PM
They look good so far. I would suggest calling Disney Dining now to get your ADRs set.

Samtastic
08-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Very Nice! I'm going in January as well, and have started booking my meals. I heart the 50's prime time and coral reef. I've only had CR at lunch, but the tilapia is the most amazing I've ever had (and it's only available at lunch). I highly recommend it!!!

iDisney
08-29-2007, 07:27 PM
I called today to book our ADR's an got them all! I was a little worried about it since we are past our 180 day mark, but it all worked out! I am so excited. Most of these places we wouldn't have eaten at if it weren't for the DDP.