PDA

View Full Version : The Princess Birthday Voyage - Day 1

Lucyrella
08-27-2007, 01:01 AM
Well we finally got Lucyrella to bed last night around midnight. She was way to excited to sleep knowing we were getting close to all the magic. We arrived at OKW resort around 3pm and went to check in, we did have to wait until 4 for our room assignment, but I got everything I requested, a lower level in bldg 24 with a golf course view. This place is amazing, I love the layout of the place and they did not hesitate in making our birthday princess the star of the show. She recieved her birthday badge at check in, and both girls were adorned with mickey stickers. We managed to get our car unloaded and everyone dressed and pressed for our dinner at the GF with Cinderella. What a magical and wonderful night. Lucy recieved the royal treatment for sure. Lucyrella asked Prince Charming if he would dance with her and of course he did. Cinderella had to explain to Lucyrella that her glass slippers were for special occasions and that the silver ones she was wearing were for visiting with the guests at Disney. Fairy Godmother knew her stuff as Lucyrella quized her about the Cinderella 3 movie. Perla and Suzy were at their best and had so much fun with Lucyrella, but they kept their distance with Lei Lei, they noticed that she wasn't too sure about them. Our server was amazing, Carla, she paid attention t every single detail. I had not ordered a cake, and she managed to get the bakery to whip one up in no time at all. It was really cute, white with a white chocolate butterfly on top, that said Happy Birthday Lucy, and had 4 candles, and not one but two Happy Birthday Princess tiaras, one for each girl. She also recieved a special birthday certificate signed by everyone. If you are thinking about doing this dinner, and you have little ones, it really is well done. Even though Park Fare is under renovation, the cafe was nicely laid out and the food very good. We then surprised her by changing her clothes into play clothes and took the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom. She indeed got to ride in the front car and recieved her special passes for helping the engineer. Doing this at night was quite cool, seeing everything lit up. We rode Dumbo and the carousel, and watched the fireworks, and then she told us she was pooped out. It was an amazing day, it is almost midnight and our energizer bunny is still going.

Our 1 bedroom villa is very nice, I love the extra large bathroom with whirlpool tub. The girls swam in it before going to dinner. I enjoyed the shower after being in the car for such a long time. The kitchen is well stocked and for those wondering, there is a small box of laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid, and dishwasher soap. There are also papertowels, and just about anything else you would need. The only thing we found out is that there isn't a desk. The internet hook up is kinda in a weird spot, but hey, you can't have it all can you? The amenities look great, and we will be trying out the pool tomorrow. Tomorrow includes Downtown Disney to the BBB and dinner at the castle.
So good night for now,

faline
08-27-2007, 06:07 AM
What a great birthday celebration for your little princess!

gueli
08-27-2007, 06:45 AM
What a nice time. send a Happy birthday Lucy from all of us at intercot.
:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 11:03 AM
What a fabulous day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

iheartmickey
08-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Sounds like both of the girls enjoyed the birthday celebration. It's a nice touch to give your girls each a tiara.

Glad your enjoying your trip, and thank you for sharing your report! :thumbsup:

Nicki'sMom
08-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Thank you so much for that review on 1900 Park! I am so excited for my 3 year old (and me too) I am really enjoying your trip report. Keep it coming! It looks like you have some good weather down there too. Enjoy!

January-2007
08-29-2007, 02:52 PM
What an amazing start to your vacation, and so much special treatment for the little birthday girl, a real thrill for sure! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us, loving the live reports! :mickey:

Vintage Disney
08-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Your description of your little girls birthday dinner and trip to MK is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes.:mickey: Hope you are having a fabulous time.

ChipnDaleGal
08-30-2007, 09:28 AM
I don't know how a little Disney Lovin' girl could have a better birthday than that! Very cool. :thumbsup: Thank you for sharing it with us. :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
09-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Carol Ann,
Great start! Hope that OKW proves to be as relaxing as promised!!! We checked out the day before you checked in!

Thanks for sharing! :mickey: