PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars 5

Melanie
08-26-2007, 11:52 PM
So the official cast announcement isn't until Wednesday morning, Aug. 29, on Good Morning America, but there are a few leaks already.

Melanie Brown - former Spice Girl and new mother to Eddie Murphy's child.

Mark Cuban - wow!!! Outspoken owner of the Dallas Mavericks. This ought to be interesting to see him in this environment.

Wayne Newton - every season has an older guy. I guess Wayne is it this year.

Jennie Garth - following in her 90210 castmate, Ian Ziering's, footsteps. It's better than Tori Spelling. ;)

Can't wait to see the full cast! I'm still holding out for some eye candy. ;)

Series premieres Monday, September 24 on ABC.

ChipnDaleGal
08-27-2007, 05:19 AM
I wish Apolo could dance again this season. Don't know if I want to watch without him. :(

Melanie
08-27-2007, 07:02 AM
I wish Apolo could dance again this season. Don't know if I want to watch without him. :(

Yeah well, you would think they could bend the rules or something. ;)

TheDuckRocks
08-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Mark Cuban, he should be interesting.

Yes, I'll miss Apollo.

Mel, did they say when the new season will start?

OK, I'm now editing this. Old age is getting worse everyday. I see the date on the bottom of your original post.

murphy1
08-27-2007, 12:53 PM

Me, too!! I can't imagine Julianne with another partner either. I really like Wayne Newton when I have seen interviews of him. I wonder who the boy band rep. will be??

MMouse6937
08-27-2007, 03:37 PM
I miss Joey, I have to watch the Singing Bee just to get my fix :(

I'm excited for this season, love the show!

Apollo did so good, it's going to be hard for someone to top him!

GreenBeetle
08-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Over the weekend I heard the rumor that Jane Seymour was one of the stars this year. Guess we'll find out on Wednesday.

Jenemmy
08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I was just at another web site (I know -- GASP -- LOL) and it had the whole cast leaked. Now, take it with a grain of salt, but it listed the ones you have here plus Jane Seymour, Aaron Carter, Lou Ferrigno, a boxer I can't remember the name of right now (Merryweather??? something like that), Tori Spelling (and Jenny Garth), one of the Cheetah Girls (Sabrina) -- phooey, there were a couple more but they have left my mind at the moment. I'll have to go back and check again.

Melanie
08-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Tori Spelling AND Jennie Garth? NOOOO! Surely not.

And Aaron Carter. :ack:

Jenemmy
08-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Tori Spelling AND Jennie Garth? NOOOO! Surely not.

And Aaron Carter. :ack:

yep -- I thought that was weird, too. This site did a slide show of pictures and Jennie was right after Tori. Like I said, who knows if this is reputable or not.....

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2007, 05:31 AM
If Aaron Carter is on then I am out for sure. :ack:

TheDuckRocks
08-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Aaron Carter?:ack:
I'll be back on my vote people out soapbox again if he's going to be a contestant. He won't stop me from watching the show but I'm warning you all up front.....I'll be doing a lot of gripping about him. Oh double...:ack::ack:

Momof2boys
08-28-2007, 01:52 PM
I saw that same slideshow with the *leaked* members and none of them made me take notice. Very disappointing.

GreenBeetle
08-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I was just at another web site (I know -- GASP -- LOL) and it had the whole cast leaked. Now, take it with a grain of salt, but it listed the ones you have here plus Jane Seymour, Aaron Carter, Lou Ferrigno, a boxer I can't remember the name of right now (Merryweather??? something like that), Tori Spelling (and Jenny Garth), one of the Cheetah Girls (Sabrina) -- phooey, there were a couple more but they have left my mind at the moment. I'll have to go back and check again.

Eeewww . . . not thrilled with that list at all!

Jenemmy
08-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Eeewww . . . not thrilled with that list at all!

Well, today that same website said that ABC had a decoy list in case something was leaked early, so it is now saying that it may or may not be an accurate list (LOL -- I guess there aren't any other options, are there?)

PirateLover
08-28-2007, 10:07 PM
The leaks I saw had 15 possible people listed:

Marie Osmond
Aaron Carter
Wayne Newton
Mark Cuban
Jayne Seymour
Scary Spice
Tori Spelling
Jennie Garth
Floyd Mayweather Jr. (boxer)
Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk)
Nia Peeples (Currently on Y&R)
Richard Quest (CNN Reporter)
Giselle Bundchen
Helio Castroneves (race car driver)
Sabrina Bryan (Cheetah Girl)

Melanie
08-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Blech! If this is indeed the cast, it's the worst one yet. :ack:

sportsguy2315
08-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Melanie Brown (Scary Spice)
Sabrina Bryan (Cheetah Girls)
Helio Castroneves (Indy Car racer)
Mark Cuban (NBA owner/billionaire)
Jennie Garth (90210)
Josie Maran (Model/actress)
Cameron Mathison (Actor)
Floyd Mayweather (Boxer)
Wayne Newton (Singer)
Marie Osmond (Marie of Donnie and Marie)
Albert Reed (Model)
Jane Seymour (Actress)

I think ABC is trying to bring a wider appeal to this competition. As a sports fan, I'm interested in seeing Helio, Mark, and Floyd dance, and it'll be fun to see Wayne trying it out as well.

Melanie
08-29-2007, 11:43 AM
And their professional partners:

Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) - Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Sabrina Bryan (Cheetah Girls) - Mark Ballas
Helio Castroneves (Indy Car racer) - Julianne Hough
Mark Cuban (NBA owner/billionaire) - Kym Johnson
Jennie Garth (90210) - Derek Hough
Josie Maran (Model/actress) - Alec Mazo
Cameron Mathison (Actor) - Edyta Sliwinska
Floyd Mayweather (Boxer) - Karina Smirnoff
Wayne Newton (Singer) - Cheryl Burke
Marie Osmond (Marie of Donnie and Marie) - Jonathan Roberts
Albert Reed (Model) - Anna Trebunskaya
Jane Seymour (Actress) - Tony Dovolani

Melanie
08-29-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm quite relieved there is no Aaron Carter on the final list. :whew:

It is an interesting list. No young hotties to speak of, and I'm thinking they did that on purpose.

I don't watch 'All My Children', but I've seen Cameron Mathison at a celeb golf tournament before, and there were plenty of ladies there to see him.

The pairings are always interesting to me as well. Cheryl finally got the "older guy". And we get to meet Julianne's brother. How cool!

MMouse6937
08-29-2007, 12:01 PM
:D Cheryl got Wayne Newton!! Yikes, yet another year she won't win. Poor girl. I'm looking forward to Helio and Julieanne, I bet they do very well. So very excited for this season to start.

disneynarula
08-29-2007, 01:31 PM
I am not thrilled with the list either. I guess I will just have to watch and see if it grows on me.

We will be at WDW for the premiere!!!

murphy1
08-29-2007, 02:27 PM
First off, the pic of Sabrina looks like the other Cheetah Girl, Adrienne Balon on ABC's website. But if it is Sabrina, I already think she is going to be in the top two, b/c she can dance (she had a solo Tango scene in Spain in CG 2) , but kind of unfair since she was in a girl band, so I guess she is the Joey Fatone of the season. I agree it seems kind of boring. I hope Cheryl does well with her partner, poor her with Ian last time, but as I said, like Wayne, so that's good, at least he won't be dressing like Elvis this time, yuck!! That was embarrassing. I guess Scary Spice is pulling the PR for the whole Eddie Murphy thing, even though she was in a girl band, she is a little older and has had a baby recently. Julianne is my favorite of the dancers, Max makes me sick, he is way too cocky.

Jen0610
08-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't watch 'All My Children', but I've seen Cameron Mathison at a celeb golf tournament before, and there were plenty of ladies there to see him.

Use to watch AMC all the time. Cameron is the eye candy of the bunch for the women. He looks good with no shirt on.

I know DD10 will be rooting on Sabrina Bryan. She's all about the Cheetah girls. My mom and aunt will be rooting for Wayne Newton. My aunt got to meet him after a concertabout 12 years ago. The family joke is that she still has not washed that spot on her cheek.

I will more than likely root on Cameron or Jennie Garth. Would be nice to see a woman win, after 3 men in a row. And I don't count the dance off between John and Kelly from the 1st season.

murphy1
08-30-2007, 07:46 AM
That's too funny, someone at ABC fixed the picture, it's right now (no, I was not seeing things, it was the other CG yesterday), so now I am pretty confident Sabrina is going to be #1 of the ladies for sure and will at least be in the top 2. My dd was so excited when I told her she was in it and told me she would win. She should be one of the professionals though, since she dances and does choreography.

Figgyluv03
08-31-2007, 08:57 AM
I miss Joey, I have to watch the Singing Bee just to get my fix :(

He'll be on Hannah Montana this season too! I can't wait to see that episode. It looks like him and Hannah do some kind of dance thing. If you search YouTube, you can find the ET interview with them.

MNNHFLTX
08-31-2007, 09:12 AM
He would be the one I'm most interested in watching on the show. :D

I wouldn't count Wayne Newton out either. He may be the oldest of the bunch, but he is all about showmanship. I don't think he would win, but he might surprise people.

pixiesmimi
09-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I just saw an interview with Marie Osmond a couple of nights ago on Entertainment Tonight and she and Jane Seymour are definately on there. I am kind of interested to see Jane dance. I think she will be good. Marie said she is having to lose about 20 pounds.

LaDracul
09-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Being a huge "Van Helsing" fan, Miss Josie has convinced me to watch this show.

(Well, since I'm unable to see "Young Frankenstein" with Shuler Hensley, this is the next best thing.) :thumbsup:

murphy1
09-04-2007, 11:29 AM
I saw a biography a few years ago about Jane Seymour, she is a classically trained ballerina, so she will probably do well, too. I think she is gorgeous!

murphy1
09-21-2007, 01:52 PM
It's almost on, I am excited!!! I have a proposition for you guys, since Monday Chili's is donating all profits to St. Jude, we are picking up dinner there and then watching the show. Please join us!!!

Our faves so far are Sabrina and Wayne.

murphy1
09-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Samantha Harris (the co-host who was pregnant and wore the fabulous dresses) won't be there, She had her baby (a girl named Josselyn) recently.

Christine
09-24-2007, 10:05 PM
I liked tonight's premiere a lot...I am so glad to have this show back on, we missed watching it together (there are so few shows a family can ALL enjoy together!) And what a treat to have Drew Lachey fill in for Samantha! I hope she has another child soon so we can keep him on! :)

I was pretty impressed by how well the women did. I could never do that! Even if they let me practice for a year!

Can't wait to see the guys dance tomorrow. :yay:

murphy1
09-25-2007, 09:58 AM
The girls were so excited when Sabrina was on, she was fantastic. I knew Len was going to have nasty comments, b/c of her style. Some of them just bored me! I think Scary and Jane look awesome, Jane is 56?? She is gorgeous!! I can't wait to see the guys, I hope Wayne does well, I think Helio is going to do well with Julianne.

TheDuckRocks
09-25-2007, 10:08 AM
The ladies were wonderful last night!:thumbsup:
It will be interesting to see how the guys do tonight.

KarenP
09-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Glad to have this show back on. I think all the ladies did remarkably well.

And I must say Maksim is looking as hot as ever!

Carol
09-25-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm not going to get to watch tonight. Too many overlapping shows for my TiVo. This show loses out unless I get home from work in time to watch it live. :shrug:

My assessment of the show;

It was nice to see Drew again! :D

murphy1
09-25-2007, 04:17 PM
And I must say Maxim is looking as hot as ever!

And he will be the first one to tell you:D

Carol, how many shows are you watching??

Melanie
09-25-2007, 05:13 PM
I only got to see the last 30 minutes because of my son's baseball practice. It was enough though. Really looking forward to the guys tonight!

Melanie
09-26-2007, 08:15 AM
I thought the guys TOTALLY rocked! I'm pretty excited about this season, when I didn't think I would be.

Albert? Who can tell me more about Albert? ;)

And Helio and Julianne? Adorable!

I hope Josie goes tonight.

murphy1
09-26-2007, 08:26 AM
The guys were fabulous!! I am surprised, they all have a huge commitment in their careers or some injury they have had surgery for! I don't k now anything about Albert, he was so funny, but I hate the way he called his partner babe or whatever on the beach. LOVE Helio and Julianne is my fave of the women pros. If you haven't seen Sabrina yet, they have her dance on You Tube, I think it might get down to her and Helio. I think Josie is going first, it's always the female supermodel early.

Carol
09-26-2007, 08:50 AM
I caught the last 3 guys dance. Someone please tell Wayne enough with the plastic surgery already. Oy!

Looks like I missed the best 3. Oh well ... a second TiVo should be on my doorstep today. :thumbsup:

Carol, how many shows are you watching??Too many to record - since I'm still at work during that 8-9 time slot. I record Bones, NCIS (for my husband) & the Biggest Loser. :unsure:

Christine
09-26-2007, 08:57 AM
I was so impressed by the men last night! I think they all are really adorable...every one of them seems to have a really neat personality.

Mr. Blue Steel cracked me up with his model runway walk in his dance! :funny:

And the little race car guy was just precious! He really looked like a 1940's film star doing his fox trot!

They all were great...poor Wayne, he seemed so nervous! I hope he loosens up a bit.

Did anyone else notice that at the end of the show when Tom said, "And tomorrow night one of our stars goes home for good" the camera zoomed right into Josie's face?? :blush:

MNNHFLTX
09-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I really enjoyed the show last night! The only performance I didn't see was Floyd's and by the judges scores it sounds like he wasn't quite up to par? I was a bit disappointed in Wayne Newton's performance. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high (he is, after all, the oldest contestant), but he seemed so stiff in his movements. I'm not sure he'll be around for very long--he doesn't have the mass appeal of some of the past seasons older guys.

murphy1
09-26-2007, 11:35 AM
I feel the same, Beth, I was really hoping for more from him. I am so surprised he's nervous.

KarenP
09-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I think Wayne was definitely the worst and he should go but instead I think it will be Josie.

TheDuckRocks
09-26-2007, 11:51 AM
OK, I'm really disappointed in Wayne Newton that was than any other of the "old guys" we've had before.
Kudos to Mark Cuban...Wow, that was amazing after hip replacement surgery only 7 weeks ago.
Love, love Helio and Julianne.:thumbsup: My husband swears this is the man Ashley Judd is married to. Is that correct? I'm surprised they haven't said anything about that.
I felt bad for Josie when the statement was made about someone going home and the camera being on her. You could tell that she knew she was being photographed and was uncomfortable.:(

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
OK, I'm really disappointed in Wayne Newton that was than any other of the "old guys" we've had before.
Kudos to Mark Cuban...Wow, that was amazing after hip replacement surgery only 7 weeks ago.
Love, love Helio and Julianne.:thumbsup: My husband swears this is the man Ashley Judd is married to. Is that correct? I'm surprised they haven't said anything about that.
.:(

Ashley Judd's husband is named Dario Franchitti (sp? :confused:)

Melanie
09-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Did anyone else notice that at the end of the show when Tom said, "And tomorrow night one of our stars goes home for good" the camera zoomed right into Josie's face?? :blush:

That was definitely an awkward moment. Poor girl!

The only performance I didn't see was Floyd's and by the judges scores it sounds like he wasn't quite up to par?

You know, I didn't think he was that bad, and he was definitely better than Wayne in my book. He was very energetic and maybe a little too into it, but he has good potential. He was a bit of a brat to Karina to start with, but he seems to have gotten over that. Of course, she deserves it. ;)

KarenP
09-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I was really confused by Floyd's score. I do not like Karina at all but they definitely did not deserve 6's. She did not look happy when the judges gave their scores.

Stich8818
09-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Someone forgot to tell all the stars that it was week one not week 8 wow... When they first announced the stars I was like this may not be the best season, it wont be like last years and what not. Boy how wrong I was..

Melanie
09-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Someone forgot to tell all the stars that it was week one not week 8 wow...

Exactly! Everyone really brought it the past two nights. I give a lot of credit to the professionals.

MNNHFLTX
09-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Well, that was a very predictable result last night. I kind of wish the show didn't seem to play up Josie's potential ouster ahead of time. It certainly wasn't as suspenseful to watch.

murphy1
09-27-2007, 10:24 AM
I heard that Kelly Monaco who first won a few years ago was not very good until well into the show, is that true? I figure that's why they put Josie with Alec (I just started watching on Apolo season). I hope Sabrina does the ballroom stuff as well as hip hop, Helianne (yes, they have a combined name LOL) had them beat on that part.

TheDuckRocks
09-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Ashley Judd's husband is named Dario Franchitti (sp? :confused:)

Thank you very much! I didn't think Helio looked like the person I thought had married Ashley. Boy, oh boy am I going to give my hubby (the sports expert) a bad time about this.:thedolls:

KarenP
09-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Well, that was disappointing, but expected! I was really hoping Josie would stay. I think she would have definitely improved, whereas I don't see Wayne getting much better at all.

Christine
09-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I personally don't think Mark Cuban belonged in the bottom two. That was surprising.

Oh well... :shrug:

Melanie
09-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I personally don't think Mark Cuban belonged in the bottom two. That was surprising.

I was surprised too, and disappointed.

TheDuckRocks
09-28-2007, 10:33 AM

Oh well... :shrug:

I was very disappointed that he came in that low. But really what kind of a fan base can a billionaire have. I love rich folks!!!...RAH!...RAH!...RAH!:cheer:
I think I'll start voting as I'd like to see him go further and I really loved Helio and Julianne.

KarenP
09-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I often wonder if the results would be better if they had viewers call in votes for least favorite instead of for your favorite.

TheDuckRocks
10-01-2007, 11:58 AM
I often wonder if the results would be better if they had viewers call in votes for least favorite instead of for your favorite.

I have always thought this would be a more accurate way of keeping the "best" person rather than the most popular. American Idol is the show that I feel has had very negetive results in that it a popularity contest.

MNNHFLTX
10-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Good show last night. The high point of the night for me was Helio and Julianne, they were terrific! It was unfortunate about Jennie Garth's fall there at the end of her routine, but I don't think it will affect the outcome, which is that Wayne or Mark will go home.

KarenP
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Wow! I thought Helio and Julianne were amazing! I was surprised they did not get a perfect score. Her choreography blows me away.

murphy1
10-02-2007, 11:51 AM
This show is between Helio and Sabrina. They are the two main ones where I watch both partners, not just the star, but the dancer, too. I know Jennie felt bad, but she wouldn't stop crying through the whole show and she still got a pretty good score (honestly, if I did that, I would be laughing! But I'm a natural clutz anyway. I thought Marie was great last night! Mark is pretty good. Wayne needs to go next, it's just painful to watch.

Melanie
10-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Man, I'm bummed! I like Albert. :(

Jenemmy
10-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Man, I'm bummed! I like Albert. :(

Me too!!!! I thought Albert and Anna were just adorable and so much fun to watch! I really enjoyed their routines. Poor Albert -- especially after all the Granpa stuff in the pre show:(

I know Wayne is a big icon and all and give him loads of credit for trying this gig out -- but come ON....he is barely moving up there!!!:confused:

Michigander
10-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Albert got ripped off. It just goes to show everyone it's really nothing more then a popularity show. Not a true how well is someone doing. Wayne couldn't even keep in step this last dance and he looks like a walking wax figure, I'm just waiting for his face to melt off under all the heat of the lights. :D

murphy1
10-03-2007, 10:00 AM
As long as Helio and Sabrina are on, I am glad and really they are the best ones up there. I think Wayne must have a huge fan base to keep staying. Julianne is absolutely stunning and talented, I think she has been very lucky with her partners, too. I didn't think lightning would strike twice, but I think it will. I really like Mark, he has been growing on me.

TheDuckRocks
10-03-2007, 11:36 AM
I truely do hate the fan base thing. Wayne should be so gone. Poor Albert he was really doing very well.

KarenP
10-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I was so bummed!! Albert had a lot of potential. He did not deserve to go.

lovetheprincesses
10-09-2007, 10:11 PM
I am THRILLED that Wayne is going home! Albert and Anna were VERY entertaining, and I think he could have gotten far in the competition. Come on, Wayne was just PATHETIC every dance he attempted. Cheryl did the best she could, but she had nothing to work with. At least he is out of the picture now. Seems like a really nice guy, but he canNOT dance!

TheDuckRocks
10-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Thank goodness Wayne Newton is gone, that was very embrassing watching him.
Now, let the competion begin.

Disneyatic
10-10-2007, 02:13 PM
I am new to posting in this TV forum...I am glad I found it!

I was glad that Wayne was the one to go but....am I the only person that does NOT like Floyd? I think he seems so rude and pouty. He looked SO mad last night to be in the bottom 2.

Melanie
10-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Movies, TV, Music and Musicals, Disneyatic! :thumbsup:

I was glad that Wayne was the one to go but....am I the only person that does NOT like Floyd? I think he seems so rude and pouty. He looked SO mad last night to be in the bottom 2.

Must be his partner rubbing off on him. :rolleyes:

murphy1
10-10-2007, 07:41 PM
I am loving Mark the more I see him, he is just fun to watch. Sabrina is fantastic and I just love a young lady that my dd can look up to that isn't coming out of rehab or whatever and she's working her butt off. Helio is still so great. I agree, Floyd is annoying someone needs to tell him to stop the pouting, did you all hear the joke they made a couple weeks ago about Mario calling for her, too funny. Jennie, please quit with the making a big deal over the fall, we've all moved on.

TheDuckRocks
10-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Must be his partner rubbing off on him. :rolleyes:

:funny: I really can't stand that woman! The only other Stars professional I don't care for is the girl that is paired with Albert.

KarenP
10-17-2007, 03:52 PM
I am so glad Floyd and Karina went home last night. Yikes, I was surprised that Melanie and Maksim were in the bottom 2!

offwego
10-18-2007, 11:49 AM
I am so glad Floyd and Karina went home last night. Yikes, I was surprised that Melanie and Maksim were in the bottom 2!

Me too! I thought it was cute that they brought Wayne back to sing though.

Christine
10-22-2007, 10:36 PM
OMG! Did anyone else's heart drop when Marie passed out? That scared the heck out of me!

Thank goodness she's okay! :whew:

pixiesmimi
10-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Me too! I'm surprised they didn't cut that out. She said she has had it happen before. When she gets out of breath, she stops breathing and passes out. I wonder what is wrong with her. That doesn't sound normal to me. Glad she is okay though.

I'm am angry once again tonight after the vote for Jane.:mad: She is so beautiful when she dances and does so well and still doesn't get the high scores. What is the matter with the judges? It looks like they are intentionally trying not to vote for her when they admit how good she is and graceful. She deserved a much higher score tonight as well as last week.:(

Christine
10-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Me too! I'm surprised they didn't cut that out.

It's a live show so they can't cut anything out...what happens, happens. But they were fast to go to commercial and the commercials seemed to run a bit longer during that time.

offwego
10-23-2007, 09:39 AM
It's a live show so they can't cut anything out...what happens, happens. But they were fast to go to commercial and the commercials seemed to run a bit longer during that time.

I agree I thought they cut to commercial as fast as they could (and they did seem longer). Glad she seemed ok afterwards. I thought the dancing was mostly well done last night. Was surprised Jennie Garth scored so high compared to Jane though. Perhaps its a style issue.

pixiesmimi
10-23-2007, 09:54 AM

Yeah, I thought about that after I wrote that. :doh: :blush:

They were all talking about it on the news this morning.

KarenP
10-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Glad Marie is okay! That was scary.

I was a little disappointed in the performances overall last night.

So who does everyone think is going home tonight?

offwego
10-23-2007, 01:54 PM
I think Mark..it's clear he's just not as good. If not him then I'm not sure who it would be but it would be harder to choose as they all seem to have something. (I would have said maybe Marie but I think the fainting spell would translate into more votes for her then might have been cast otherwise)

Disneypixie513
10-23-2007, 02:25 PM
I was so surprised that Mel and Max didn't get a 30! My mom and I were so sure that she would get 30! Then Len gave hera 9..That shocked us. Yea we had a freak out when Marie fainted,then when they went to commercial my mom said "Wow, i guess she really did faint!". I hope Mark goes tonight..He's just not up to par with the others..Jane's dance was so beautiful and elegant!

LittleSpirit02
10-23-2007, 08:19 PM
My top 2 last night: Sabrina and Helio

I was surprised at the comments from the judge's for both of them. I thought Sabrina's was great as usual and Helio's I also really liked. The judges didn't at all.

Lowest 2: Mark and Marie

Overall I just felt the judging has been getting inconsistent. Like last night I felt Mel and her partner spent too much of the dance apart and they got two 10s but in week 2, Helio's mambo didn't get a single one. I also felt Sabrina's scores should have been much higher than Jane's and Jennie's. I actually felt Jane's was a little draggy. I like better her in the graceful waltzes and such.

My picks for overall top 3:

Sabrina. She definitely seems like a natural dancer. She knows how to use her hands, face...all the details.
Helio. My personal favorite.
Cameron maybe. He's improved a lot!

It's been a good season so far!

pixiesmimi
10-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Was anyone besides me shocked that Jane was in the bottom two last night? I was so surprised! I thought she did wonderful! If they had voted her out before Mark, I would have jumped through that TV at them. :D I'm not sure what they want to see out of Jane. She has been fabulous. I figured Marie would have been in the bottom two even though I wouldn't want to see that. Even though she had the sympathy factor, I didn't think her dance was very good. At least Mark is gone. He wasn't very good at all and didn't seem to want to get better.

I have to say, whoever chooses the music is doing a terrible job. Why don't they just choose the proper music with the type of dance they are doing? Some of it makes no sense with the dances. I think that may have something to do with the low scores because, to me, it would be hard to dance those Latin dances with the kind of music they are dancing to.

Melanie
10-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Was anyone besides me shocked that Jane was in the bottom two last night? I was so surprised!

I wasn't surprised just because there are so many good dancers this year. From here on out, eliminations are going to be tough!

I'm probably the only one, but for reasons I can't really pinpoint, I'm not on the Sabrina bandwagon. No doubt she can dance, so I should probably just shut up, but I hope she doesn't win.

I'm really enjoying Mel and Max and Cameron and Edyta. I wouldn't mind seeing Jennie Garth and Helio go far as well.

TheDuckRocks
10-24-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm probably the only one, but for reasons I can't really pinpoint, I'm not on the Sabrina bandwagon. No doubt she can dance, so I should probably just shut up, but I hope she doesn't win.

I know that this is just beating a dead horse, but the girl is a professional dancer.:mad:
It is completely unfair to have her in competion with the others.
I know everyone is going to jump in here and say it's a different type of dancing that she does, but that really doesn't hold water as knowing how to get the basic count down, how to move from one part of the floor to another and not pausing for even a second when you are changing from one section of a dance to another are HUGE advantages for her.
Repeat......Not Fair! Just my :twocents:

offwego
10-24-2007, 10:20 AM

I'm really enjoying Mel and Max and Cameron and Edyta. I wouldn't mind seeing Jennie Garth and Helio go far as well.
I'm with you on Sabrina, but Jennie also seems to be a little uneven for me personally. I really like Mel & Cameron as well. I find Jane has really done a great job with her dancing as well.

KarenP
10-24-2007, 11:19 AM

I agree with you 100%. She is very good but I think she has an unfair advantage being a professional dancer. I really do not want her to win.

My faves are Helio and Mel although I also really like Cameron.

offwego
10-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I agree with you 100%. She is very good but I think she has an unfair advantage being a professional dancer. I really do not want her to win.

My faves are Helio and Mel although I also really like Cameron.

I see this point but wouldn't Joey have had a similiar advantage? But perhaps that is what doesn't do it for me so I'm not at all disagreeing.

KarenP
10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
I see this point but wouldn't Joey have had a similiar advantage? But perhaps that is what doesn't do it for me so I'm not at all disagreeing.

Yes, I agree Joey also had an advantage. The only difference was that 'N Sync was already broken up and he seemed kind of out of practice to me.

pookiebear38
10-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Okay, so I'm glad that I'm not the only one with that opinion! That's why I was glad to see Apollo win last year over Joey, and Emmitt win over Mario. So many of the previous top contenders have been professional dancers, or at least had enough experience that the general dance abilities would have been easier to pick up. I would rather see someone like Camerion or Helio win because they are totally out of their element.

MMouse6937
10-25-2007, 01:06 PM
I am mostly rooting for Sabrina, but I get the point that she does dance for a "living" but the Cheetah Girls are hip hop, kinda like Joey's thing. Anyways, I really like Helio, he is a riot and trying very hard.

Does anyone know the name of the song that Wade Robson did the routine to last week? That was great! He has really gotten political lately (his John Mayer routine for So You Think You Can Dance made my skin crawl) but this is back to his quirky, cool style.

This season is so fun! :thumbsup:

murphy1
10-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Both Mel and Sabrina are pros, but they are the best ones. I really can't stand Maks and his cockiness, but he is good and obviously a great teacher. Also, Jane used to be a ballerina as well, so it seems that most of the ones who stay have had dance training.

Taja
10-29-2007, 03:44 PM
If I remember correctly from a gazillion years ago, didn't Jennie Garth study ballet prior to 90210? I wasn't a fan, but it was hard to miss all the hype about the show and its stars! *LOL*

While ballet is helpful for turnout, posture and arm position, none of the various dance disciplines are closely related. They all do require a sense of rhythm, though!

Looking forward to tonight's show--even if it will be taped for viewing next weekend. Never seem to arrive home in time to see it! :rolleyes:

Melanie
10-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Maybe I'm totally buying into the hype, but this group of dancers really does seem like the best lot yet. I loved the group dance!

As far as being totally out of their element, I have to give the edge to Helio and am now rooting for him all the way. :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
10-30-2007, 09:06 AM
As far as being totally out of their element, I have to give the edge to Helio and am now rooting for him all the way. :thumbsup:He has been my favorite right from the beginning, Mel. Of course, part of the reason I think he is doing so well is because of Julianne. She really brought the best out of Apolo last year and I think she's doing the same for Helio.

Melanie
10-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Of course, part of the reason I think he is doing so well is because of Julianne.

Yep, she's incredible!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I totally got a kick out of the subtle (or maybe not so subtle) nods to the current battle going on between Carrie Ann and Tony/Jane. Too funny!

murphy1
10-30-2007, 09:40 AM
I think Marie or Jane will be leaving tonight. Cameron does the same dance every week and Jenny looks stiff to me sometimes.

Has anyone got sucked into The Bachelor, ugh, I watched it a couple of times and last night this one girl in GA had a hometown date and it's right next to the town I live in.

offwego
10-30-2007, 09:59 AM
I didn't care for the group dance personally (maybe I just find it easier to watch one couple at a time).

Despite really liking Jane most of the time I did find this dance flatish. Also Cameron and (SP) Editya didn't do a thing for me. I'm picking them for bottom two. (I think Marie might be there as well but I still think she'll have "hype"vote keeping her around).

pixiesmimi
10-30-2007, 10:37 AM
I was really disappointed in Jane's dance. For her to have so much experience in dance she doesn't seem to be putting much into it. But the correography (sp?) wasn't very good on her dance. I was disappointed that she didn't have a fast, lots of leg work, dance for the jive. Seemed like she just stood there. I have been rooting for her but seems like she might be in the bottom two again this week. I hope she doesn't get voted off though. Also, I think Maria is being too conservative. Seems like everyone is trying to protect her and keep her from doing anything if she is fine like she keeps saying. I liked the group dance but, I too, had a hard time following all of them. Too bad they didn't get judged on that one. This year I am totally puzzled about the choice of music for the different style of dances. Some of it seems to be hard to dance to. Jane's just didn't fit and I can see how she had a hard time jiving to it. I just don't get it about the choices of music.:( Helio did a lot better this week as did Jenny. Her comment about being so nervous on stage doesn't make sense for a movie star/TV star. Has she not been doing anything since 90102? (Or whatever it was called.)

Melanie
10-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Helio did a lot better this week as did Jenny. Her comment about being so nervous on stage doesn't make sense for a movie star/TV star. Has she not been doing anything since 90102? (Or whatever it was called.)

I would think it's very different to get out there in front of millions of people and do something that is outside of her comfort zone, as opposed to acting which she's been doing for years.

Most recently she was on a show called "What I Like About You" with Amanda Bynes.

KarenP
10-30-2007, 04:57 PM
I thought Helio & Julianne and Mel & Maksim were the best last night. Jane's dance did not suit her at all.

I think Cameron and Jennie are both stagnant.

I would not be surprised at all if Jane goes home tonight.

Christine
10-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Just finished watching the elimination tonight.

WHAT?????? Are you kidding me???

Pipalotta
10-30-2007, 10:23 PM
OMG I am like so mad, I cant believe they got kicked off what is up with that. I had they pegged for the win, now I have no clue who is going to win.

mouseaddict
10-30-2007, 10:35 PM
I MISSED THE END...heck, I missed most of the show! Someone please PM me and tell me who it was..grrrrrrrrrr...I just know I am going to be upset!

Magic Smiles
10-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Tonights elimination was certainly a shocker! I thought for sure Marie or Jane or even Cameron but not in a million years her.

mickeysworld
10-30-2007, 10:44 PM
This is my first post on this thread but I just had to say something! I am so bummed that she got the boot! I thought for sure her and Helio were the final two! I think she was the best dancer out of them all, what a bummer!

Nini
10-31-2007, 05:17 AM
Does anyone know the significance of Jane Seymour's necklace? It looks like a snake and/or some sort of middle eastern symbol. It's got me curious:cat:!

Denise :mickey:

sgdisney
10-31-2007, 06:57 AM
I too was surprised out the outcome this week. But here's my take on it. Even though Sabrina got high marks from the judges all along, she just did not have the fan base to pull her through. I just checked the Dial Idol results for this week and they had her pegged in last place, for whatever that's worth. And they do show my favorite, Helio coming out ahead of the pack. Think about it, the majority of voters are probably women, not preteen girls who watch the Cheetah Girls, but women like me who think Helio is one sexy dancer!;)

murphy1
10-31-2007, 07:24 AM
That stinks! I woke up this morning and found out (I fell asleep before the end). She was a heck of a lot better than all the women. Now it's just more boring. She was really fun to watch, my poor 8 yo is crushed.

Jane was on a talk show and said her necklace is two hearts linked and represented her and Tony.

KarenP
10-31-2007, 08:49 AM
What a shocker!! :jaw: Never in a million years did I see this coming!

offwego
10-31-2007, 09:22 AM
I was stunned (not because I didn't have concerns re her level of skill from her other life if you will) because I just thought she was still better then the others.

Was it just me or was she one of the most distressed ever? Think it was because she was so young? I thought it sweet that the others really seemed to hide her from view so to speak.

Disneyatic
10-31-2007, 11:29 AM
I was absolutely floored after the elimination last night.
I understand that the "votes count" but she was obviously one of the best dancers and I think the show will be missing something without her.
It was already slightly boring to me this season, usually it is a can't miss for us, but this season it has been something that we have on and watch in passing.
I don't know why, but with each episode I like Jane less and less. And I do NOT think that Mel and Maks deserved 30 for their dance. The judges scores seem very disjointed this season.
All I have to say is, if Helio is voted off, I am definitely off the band wagon! I am already leaning towards jumping :secret:

Earnhardt321
10-31-2007, 11:55 AM
I have not posted on this thread before but I was shocked last night when I watched the elimination. I can't believe it. I missed most of Monday's episode but I did watch her dance and I thought it was great! I was just floored last night. I think most of the cast, judges and hosts were surprised as well.

MMouse6937
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm just crushed, I loved Sabrina and Mark, they were so cute together and she was so great. I loved that he was so affectionate with her and told her what a great job she was doing. That really stinks. I agree with the above poster, if Helio goes I'll have no reason to watch. Jenny drives me crazy, Mel is ok, but not that spectacular, I like Marie but can't see her making it until the end. Too bad for Ms. Sabrina, she will be missed. :(

MNNHFLTX
10-31-2007, 12:28 PM
That was a shocker. When they announced the bottom two were Sabrina and Cameron, I thought for sure it would be Cameron, because I could not imagine how Sabrina could be voted off.

And no offense meant to Jane Seymour (or those rooting for her here), but I kind of wish she had been voted off. She has had so many things to deal with this season--first her mother's death, then her house being threatened by the wildfires and finally last night with the food poisoning. I just don't think her heart is into the competition as much anymore.

murphy1
10-31-2007, 12:45 PM
I was at my dd's preschool and one of the moms told me Jane is in the hospital b/c of the food poisoning. At this point, I think her and Marie really need to be off the show. I hit my 40's this year and I used to be an athlete, I know my limitations now especially after three kids and some medical stuff. It's not their ages, it's their issues like fainting and Jane has had some serious injuries in the past. I'm kind of worried about them.

Nini
10-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Jane was on a talk show and said her necklace is two hearts linked and represented her and Tony.

Thank you!!!

My husband said it was two hearts, but I really thought it was something more exotic. Oh well, at least now I know!!

Only 27 more days!!!!!

RedSoxFan
10-31-2007, 07:27 PM
I haven't posted in this thread either -- I can't believe Sabrina was voted off. Shocker indeed. Jane should have been voted off.

Melanie
11-01-2007, 11:39 AM
As I stated earlier, I'm not a Sabrina fan, but it was really wrong for her to go so early. I guess the tween set can only keep you around for so long. :shrug:

mouseaddict
11-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Ok, first it was Project Runway..then the last two Top Chefs..even last season's Dancing..now this..I am so over these darn shows..but I must be a glutton for punishment, I keep going back for more!

TheDuckRocks
11-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Ok, first it was Project Runway..then the last two Top Chefs..even last season's Dancing..now this..I am so over these darn shows..but I must be a glutton for punishment, I keep going back for more!

:ditto: Although I do think it is only fair that the true currently working at dancing professional is gone.

offwego
11-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Not sure if you've seen this but Marie Osmand's father has passed away. This sure is a season for emotional and physical issues for the cast isn't it?

According to cnn her father was 90 and had been in otherwise good health. Still I'm sure it's a blow since her Mom passed in 2004.

murphy1
11-06-2007, 09:18 PM
So I tried watching twice last night and changed the channel. And I just quit watching after like two minutes tonight on the results show. I really miss Sabrina and Mark a lot, I am so bored with this group now, even with Helio and Julianne (at this point I loved Apolo and was on the train the whole way out). I think they lost me now and I bet the judges are kicking themselves for giving them a lower score than they should have gotten last week.

Melanie
11-07-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm still enjoying this season. Maybe it's time for a woman to win again.

disneygirlnowmom
11-07-2007, 07:49 AM
I agree with Murphy1, I almost didn't watch this week and when I did I couldn't get into like I did the week before. I know that some of you are happy that Sabrina is out because she is sort of a dancer but I disagree.

Hip Hop is soo different from ballroom. You hit on a totally different beat, you are hitting hard all the time and your feet, hands, arms, and body are in totally different positions. I think that it's easier to learn from scratch than to unlearn something and relearn something else. JMO.

That said, I was sorry to hear about Marie's Dad and I really think that they sent the right person home this week. Jane had good lines and posture but no fire. Her latin dances were down right boring.

MNNHFLTX
11-07-2007, 08:23 AM
I really miss Sabrina and Mark a lot, I am so bored with this group now, even with Helio and Julianne (at this point I loved Apolo and was on the train the whole way out). I think they lost me now and I bet the judges are kicking themselves for giving them a lower score than they should have gotten last week.I'm not sure that higher scores would have helped them; I think Sabrina probably just didn't have the fan base to carry her through to the end of the competition.

I thought it was fair that Jane Seymour left the show last night. She is an amazing woman (and dancer), but she just wasn't as into her performance as many of the other dancers.

MNNHFLTX
11-07-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm still enjoying this season. Maybe it's time for a woman to win again.Are you thinking of Mel B., Mel? (That sounded funny, didn't it?) :D

lovetheprincesses
11-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Thank you!!!

My husband said it was two hearts, but I really thought it was something more exotic. Oh well, at least now I know!!

Only 27 more days!!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks that is a bit strange?? She and her hubby, yes; and and her dance instructor??

offwego
11-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that is a bit strange?? She and her hubby, yes; and and her dance instructor??

I think it was more a "wear for the competion thing" as a teamwork symbol..she also had a pendant and watch for them as a special part of the costumes for the Johhny Cash song so maybe she just like jewellery?

KarenP
11-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Anyone else watch last night? I was blown away by both Helio & Julianne's and Mel & Maksim's 2nd dances. Thought they were both awesome! Otherwise I thought the dances were rather boring.

I think Marie should go tonight but I doubt it will be her. I am thinking maybe Cameron.

Chrisx2
11-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I loved Mel and Maks' mambo. I thought it was great! I like Helio and Julianne's second dance as well.

I think Marie should go next but I don't think she will. The lack of content in her routines has been mentioned a lot lately. I like Cameron but I swear all his dances are starting to look alike. At least the slow ones.

offwego
11-13-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm feeling Cameron this week (but think it's clearly between him and Marie for the bottom two with Jennie perhaps being a third albeit much better). The dances are very strong this time though.

lovetheprincesses
11-14-2007, 12:03 AM
I just cannot believe Marie is still in the running.... Of course, she is related to most of Utah, so I guess that helps more than I realize...:blush:

pixiesmimi
11-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Did you see last night when they showed and mentioned about Cameron being at WDW for the Soaps weekend? Or was that at DL? Do they do that at both places?:clappy:

Melanie
11-14-2007, 06:47 AM
I think I've mentioned my thoughts on this before, but I want Helio to win it all. He is a true amateur and has shown the most growth, IMO. Julianne is such a great teacher. I hope she joins Cheryl as a two-time winner.

Of course, I won't be disappointed at all if Mel and Maks win. I love their relationship. I know there are folks out there who don't care for Maks' supposed cockiness, but I don't view him that way. I just think Mel's previous dance experience (although not in ballroom) has to have helped her in some ways.

Jennie has done so much better than expected. I think Marie should have gone last night.

Jenemmy
11-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Jennie has done so much better than expected. I think Marie should have gone last night.

I agree with you. Marie is really cute and entertaining, but not dancing like the others are.

Mel and Maks...you know, I did not care for their combo at all when the season started, but they have REALLY grown on me. I wouldn't mind seeing them win it. Of course, Helio is adorable, too and really been great lately.

Jennie is a beautiful dancer, but I think she will have a nervous breakdown if she goes to the finals!!! I figure that Marie's fan base/huge family and all the attention lately (with the Oprah special and all) may just carry her past Jennie.

KarenP
11-14-2007, 11:18 AM
I know there are folks out there who don't care for Maks' supposed cockiness, but I don't view him that way.

I agree, Mel. I don't see him as cocky either. I just think he is very playful and has a wonderful sense of humor.

I think Marie should have gone last night.

I agree 100%. She has no business being in the semi-finals.

I will be happy with either Helio or Mel winning.

TheDuckRocks
11-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I agree, Mel. I don't see him as cocky either. I just think he is very playful and has a wonderful sense of humor.

I agree 100%. She has no business being in the semi-finals.

I will be happy with either Helio or Mel winning.

I am in almost complete agreement with everything both Karen and Mel have said.
Where I disagree is that I don't find Marie any worse than Jenny or Cameron. To me they all 3 have major short comings with their dancing.
Well, Cameron is gone but I found his dancing had reached a plateau that he didn't seem to get higher than.
Jenny runs hot and cold, she doesn't seem to be able to pull off 2 good dances in one evening and she has almost no personality.
Marie is all personality and not much skill at all. I do love the fact that there has not been evening that she hasn't had me laughing with what she says. I had no idea she has such a good sence of humor.
If the final 2 are not Helio and Mel B something is mighty strange in Hollywood...........oh, wait a minute did I just suggest Hollywood isn't strange? My mistake.:D

Disneypixie513
11-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I was upset that Cameron went home last night. As much as i like Derek, I think Jennie should have gone home last night. There is just something about her that rubs me the wrong way..
I would love to see Mel win it. Cameron was my 2nd choice. I'm not that crazy about Helio..I love Julianne though.

offwego
11-15-2007, 01:09 PM
I was ok with that..Marie should be next I think (mind you she is more fun then Jennie but I'm not sure how much fun should count so I wouldn't be weirded out either way).

It's clear though that Helio & Mel B are in a different class then Marie & Jennie in my personal view however.

Christine
11-20-2007, 12:07 AM
What amazing performances tonight! Way to go Helio!

And I wonder how many "Disney Nerds" Jenny ticked off by saying she got to dance at "Cinderella's Castle" in Disneyland! :funny:

Melanie
11-20-2007, 06:59 AM
I caught myself saying 'WOW' out loud for the first time this season with Mel's splits in her first dance. That was very cool choreography on Maks' part!

Everyone did just great tonight, although I think Jennie outdanced Marie. Although I'll miss her wit (which has been totally unexpected), I hope Marie goes home tomorrow night.

And I'm still pulling for Helio all the way. What he's accomplished is just incredible.

Oh, and the SLEEPING BEAUTY Castle lights looked awesome!

MNNHFLTX
11-20-2007, 08:46 AM
And I'm still pulling for Helio all the way. What he's accomplished is just incredible.

Oh, and the SLEEPING BEAUTY Castle lights looked awesome!I agree on both points! :D

offwego
11-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Really well done by all of them I thought. Who would have thought they could do so well at the same dances again in so many cases?

I'm torn between Helio & Mel B. (those splits!!). But it's been a great season that's for sure.

TheDuckRocks
11-20-2007, 10:18 AM
I really do hope it will be either Marie or Jennie going home tonight, Mel and Helio are by far so much better than them. I'm with Mel on the fact that I will miss Marie's wit, she has me laughing every week.

KarenP
11-20-2007, 03:11 PM
There is something wrong if Marie does not go home tonight.

I can't decide between Mel amd Helio. I like them both equally.

Disneypixie513
11-20-2007, 03:19 PM
My favorite is Mel by far. I hope Jennie will go tonight. I like Marie alot more..She soo deserved a perfect score on her 1st dance! What were you thinking Bruno?!

(I thought i heard Jennie say Cinderella's Castle..But i wasn't sure..Yea next time.At least know where your at. :D)

lovetheprincesses
11-20-2007, 10:45 PM
I canNOT believe Marie Osmond is still on the show. There comes a time, that IMO, you should take YOURSELF out if the fans won't. She is not in the same category as the others, and if she can't see that, well...:confused:

Magic Smiles
11-21-2007, 07:27 AM
I can't believe that Jennie was voted off and Marie is still there. I know many of you enjoy her "wit", but personnally I think it has become a bit to much. IMHO the only reason Marie is still there is because of her HUGE family and as some one else mentioned all the publicity about the family in recent weeks.
Jennie on the other hand has improved so much. I would have liked to see Helio and Jennie in the finals, mainly because neither of them are performers nor dancers, where as both Marie and Mel have backgrounds in dance. Now my votes will be going to Helio. Isn't Julianne just AMAZING and beautiful?

julyjewel
11-21-2007, 09:41 AM
I agree with Magic Smiles. I'm sorry but Marie should have gotten canned a while back. This season is proving to me how much of a popularity contest the show has become. I would have liked to see Jennie go the finals. There is something really lacking in Marie's dancing. I'm proud of Jennie and Helio for their achievements because they had the least experience going in to it. However, it is interesting that they brough Sabrina to dance last night. She is the true winner. She set the bar so high and none of them could compare. After she left, the quality went way down. I think Mel B or Helio is going to win. You never know, the guys might surprise and Helio could be taking home the trophy.

Lynn J Mc
11-21-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm sorry but - GO MARIE!! Woo hoo! I love her. And after all this is really a popularity contest.

sgdisney
11-21-2007, 10:52 AM
I would have liked to see Helio and Jennie in the finals, mainly because neither of them are performers nor dancers, where as both Marie and Mel have backgrounds in dance. Now my votes will be going to Helio. Isn't Julianne just AMAZING and beautiful?

I so agree! And the fact that their partners are brother/sister would have made it even better.

offwego
11-21-2007, 11:17 AM
I can't say I'm surprised at the outcome. I was really hoping that Jennie would stay but did have to say that wasn't a surprise. Now I'm on pins and needles (well pretty keen) to see next week though.

Donald Duck
11-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Isn't Julianne just AMAZING and beautiful?

She's the only reason I watch the show.
Just kidding. She is gorgeous and a pretty good dancer too. ;)
I can't believe she's only 19.

:mickey:

KarenP
11-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Can't say I am surprised that Marie stayed, but I sure don't think she deserved to.

I am awful glad that is was not Helio or Mel to go home.

I agree you about Julianne. She is a very beautiful girl, not to mention an awesome dancer. She has such a great sense of humor and a wonderful personality. She is always smiling.

Can't wait for the finale but it won't be on in my area on Monday night as our local ABC station is carrying the Steeler game. So they are showing it at 9 am on Tuesday. I will have to tape it and watch before the results on Wednesday.

TheDuckRocks
11-23-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't know how many of you heard that Donny Osmond jokingly made the statement that there was going to be 4,562 over for Thanksgiving dinner. Gee, does anyone still have to question why Marie is still hanging in there?
If we want to see either of the other 2 win this thing, we sure as heck better vote next week.

EPCOT84
11-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Yes, make things right in this world, vote for Helio or Mel B.

The fight is on. The rest of the world against the Osmonds !

lovetheprincesses
11-23-2007, 02:44 PM
So funny, but SO true! They've got the numbers even though she can't dance!

Nini
11-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh my goodness, what the heck was that with Marie Osmond???? That was embarrassingly bad!! What was her partner thinking? Even IF you found that cute, there wasn't enough dance there for being in the finals!

Now Mel and Helio, they are both great, and I'm torn between the two - although I'd really like to see Maks win!

We leave in 11 hours!!! :joy:

pixiesmimi
11-27-2007, 12:18 AM
For this to have been the finals, I thought all of them were really bad. Mel did pretty good on the first one. Helio was okay on the last one but both of Marie's were terrible. I can't imagine any of them or their partner's doing this bad on the finals. Guess they are depending on their fans to vote for them.

Melanie
11-27-2007, 06:08 AM
If Marie wins this, I will be supremely disappointed.

Mel's Cha-Cha was really good, and I really enjoyed Helio's freestyle. I don't care which one wins, just as long as it's one of these two.

Jenemmy
11-27-2007, 07:35 AM
If Marie wins this, I will be supremely disappointed.

Mel's Cha-Cha was really good, and I really enjoyed Helio's freestyle. I don't care which one wins, just as long as it's one of these two.

I COMPLETELY agree with you, on all counts. Marie needs to be out at the beginning of the show tonight. I think if you are going completely on technical, Mel and Maks should win and if you are going on entertainment value, Helio and Julianne are it. I really like them both, just like you and wouldn't mind seeing either one of them win it. I just sincerely hope it is Mel and Helio in the finals!!!!

Carol
11-27-2007, 07:46 AM
If Marie wins this, I will be supremely disappointed. Marie has a huge fan base and could indeed pull this off.

I get annoyed that fans don't vote for the dancing! Being a doll, race or music fan should have nothing to do with the votes.

At least it's not an unfair voting process like some of the shows. Votes are limited per person (household).

I don't care who wins. I agree with Jenemmy - very disappointing finale. :bored:

Christine
11-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Wow. I am going to try to be nice and not critique too harshly, as I can barely walk and chew gum therefore I know I couldn't do a fraction of what these guys are doing, but WOW! P.U.!!!

Marie's doll idea must have sounded a LOT better in her head! Mel and Maks' futuristic "safe" freestyle was :bored: But I will say that Julianne and Helio were quite entertaining...I wonder how many Red Bulls that took! They could not stop moving!!!

If Marie takes the trophy tonight, I won't see much reason for "Dancing" with the Stars anymore, b/c clearly "dancing" would have nothing to do with it. They could just have a popularity show for that matter.

I truly do not understand WHERE her fan base is coming from? :confused: I get the doll thing, the 70's show, the Branson shows, but honestly...I just don't see how that could make her THAT huge! :shrug:

murphy1
11-27-2007, 09:05 AM
How funny (or sad) am I, I'm still not over Sabrina getting booted! LOL I just haven't been able to watch since then. Just watch Marie win the whole thing.

lovetheprincesses
11-27-2007, 09:15 AM
I agree with all of you. Marie looked like the bride of Chucky out there. It was sad and I felt embarrassed FOR her (although I do not even like her!). That was the worst I have seen in a LONG time. I think the whole problem is that EVERYONE of the non-Osmond variety is split between Mel B. and Helio, thus giving her millions of relatives and few fans that much more voting power. They are ALL of course voting for her, no matter what she does, whereas the rest of us, are picking our favorite dance or who did the best job between Mel and Helio,and are actually splitting our votes. That was the saddest final of all the seasons. It was funny watching the judges scramble after Marie's doll dance! haha! I will say, that they should have gone for the jugular like they did with Helio's first dance. They don't like to criticize Marie, no matter how poorly she does, but yet they expect more out of the other two, so they sock it to them, instead of the powder puff they give to Marie.

offwego
11-27-2007, 09:24 AM
I agree that overall the dancing just was not there. (and Marie's was just awful the doll bit in particular looked like a bad riff on something from a really bad nutcracker suite).

It will be interesting to see the finale tonight at least since it seems so likely that Marie will get through and what that might do for the final winner etc.

TheDuckRocks
11-27-2007, 10:33 AM
1) That was really disappointing last night. Worse show of the season.
2) Mel or Helio should both obliviously be the 2 finalist.
3) I've got a bad, bad feeling that Marie is going to take it all. I think her fan base is so huge that she has probably been close to the top from day one.
4) Once again I'm back on my soapbox.........Why, oh why can't the votes be to vote somebody out! It would be so much fairer.

PrincessCandaceMarie
11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
How funny (or sad) am I, I'm still not over Sabrina getting booted! LOL I just haven't been able to watch since then. Just watch Marie win the whole thing.

I'm with you! I wanted the final three to be Sabrina, Helio (mmm cutie pie!) and Mel B but God help us all if Marie does win it! :ack:

Stich8818
11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
This finale was the worst one in the five seasons. I guess that it was a good thing Helio and Julianne were there cause imo they saved that show. Marie's dances were awful. The judges picks were supposed to highlight the stars progress in the season..she took a step back. And that freestyle....wow...that was just wrong. Mel's and Max's freestyle..I felt needed more. Heilo's was great..it had flow..fun.. and also he does not dance for a living..so do to this kind of dancing is remarkable...

There is one more thing to ponder and its been buggin me..If the "rulebook" is thrown out for the freestyle round..How can Carrie-Ann take off a point or critique that lift?

offwego
11-27-2007, 02:04 PM
There is one more thing to ponder and its been buggin me..If the "rulebook" is thrown out for the freestyle round..How can Carrie-Ann take off a point or critique that lift?

I think (just my take on this) the rule book is about the lifts being in at all, or including steps that define specific dances (such as cha-cha vs fox trot with some combinations that are normally included in those). So her critique of the way the lift was performed would still be valid.

Melanie
11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I truly do not understand WHERE her fan base is coming from? :confused: I get the doll thing, the 70's show, the Branson shows, but honestly...I just don't see how that could make her THAT huge! :shrug:

I don't get it either. :shrug:

EPCOT84
11-27-2007, 05:44 PM
What a bad finale. Both of Mel's were just okay but like Bruno said, we expect more from her. It did not have that spark needed to clinch a win. Did anyone notice her partner really looked exhausted and he nearly couldn't get up afterward? Hope he wasn't injured.

Marie, OMG, just a horrible choice of dances. Entertaining yes, scary, definitely, but her plea of "'give me a break, I'm almost 50" just are bad, even in jest. She either has it or she doesn't. She doesn't. Demographically, however, I suspect she has had popular vote advantage, not because of her fan base but because the show itself appeals to the same demographic. I hazard a guess there weren't as many Cheetah Girl fans out there voting and even the older fan base of Spice Girls fans are not quite DWTS demographics.

Finally, Helio, his free style was flashy and I think the audience cheered mainly because they were saying "finally, something decent". He probably will win and that's good. It is nice to see non-entertainers like the prior sports stars such as Apollo Ono last year, excel in something outside their usual realm.

sgdisney
11-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Way to go, Helio! I am so happy that he won this thing. He was so much fun to watch through the whole season. And thank goodness that Marie was the first to go tonight! She was definitely not in the same class as Mel B and Helio.

EPCOT84
11-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Good to read Helio won. Yes, I am on the West Coast and yes, I am spoiling things for myself but really is a no brainer he would win. I am about to watch it our time and will enjoy !

Melanie
11-28-2007, 07:55 AM
Yay Helio! :dance:

Chrisx2
11-28-2007, 08:51 AM
I must admit I was pulling for Mel B and Maks (he's just so nice to look at :blush:) but I am happy for Helio and Julianne. They are on Good Morning America this morning and they are cracking me up. I was glad to see Marie in 3rd place. Overall, a good finish to the season.

GreenBeetle
11-28-2007, 08:52 AM
What a bad finale.

Boy, that was the worst finale ever. Huge disappointment. No one has ever gotten 7s and 8s in the finale! I've said all along to my family that Marie just didn't belong there. There have been several "older" women the past few years, and they all knew when it was time to go. She's just was not in the same league as the others.

Now, all that being said . . . like others have said I was happy to see either Mel or Helio win. Mel had the footwork down perfectly, but Helio's charisma lit up the room - and Julianne is spectacular to watch! In the end, they were definitely the 2 Stars that belonged in the finale.

I just love that show! No one is evil, back-stabbing, manipulative or two-faced. Just great entertainment. :cool:

offwego
11-28-2007, 09:15 AM
No matter who of Mel & Helio had one I would have been happy but I really thought Mel had it. However I was very pleased with it. Great show and the teasing & clips were great amongst everyone. :thumbsup:

Christine
11-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Boy, I was getting worried that I was going to have to stop watching DWTS, but now, all is right with the world again!! :yay:

pixiesmimi
11-28-2007, 09:53 AM
I really thought Mel should have won. She had higher scores all along and even though Helio was very good and had some good scores, I think Mel outdanced him. But congratulations to him!

I really enjoyed seeing Jane dance again and still think she should have made it longer than Marie. There was a lot of drama surrounding Marie but I didn't think she could dance as well as even Jane. I was disappointed to see Jane go when she did. They all must have been practicing all this time because all of the previous dancers did very well in their last dances, much better than they did to begin with.

KarenP
11-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Yea, Helio!!!!! :cheer:

I am so glad Marie did not win. Her dancing in the finale were horrendous. If I had to hear her mention her age one more time I think I would have screamed. From listening to her, one would think she was 70 instead of in her 40's.

I knew that no matter which of the 2 won, Helio or Mel, I would be very happy for the winner and feel bad for the other. They both were very deserving but I do think Helio came the furthest.

I don't know what I am going to do now that I don't get to see Maksim every week. :sob:

TheDuckRocks
11-28-2007, 11:36 AM
I am so glad that I had over estimated Marie's fan base, it would have been very wrong if she would have won. I guess I was having flash backs to the first season when that soap star girl won with only about 2 decent dances the whole season.
Hooray for Helio! :joy::high5::woohoo: And a very, very well done for Mel B.:thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
11-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Although she seems to be a very nice person, I have to agree that I don't know how Marie went as far as she did on the show. She really has not been in the mainstream public eye for a couple of decades. That said, I still breathed a sigh of relief when they announced she had come in third.

While I was happy with either Mel or Helio winning, I favored Helio and Julianne a little. Now that the contest is over I have to say that I was not overly impressed with Mel's reaction to losing. Perhaps her comment that she felt horrible that she lost (which I'm sure is true) was taken out of context, but it was far from gracious.

EPCOT84
11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Now that the contest is over I have to say that I was not overly impressed with Mel's reaction to losing. Perhaps her comment that she felt horrible that she lost (which I'm sure is true) was taken out of context, but it was far from gracious.

This morning on Good Morning America, while Helio & Julianne were in NY, Mel B and Mack were in LA. They did a split screen interview of both couples. Mel B joked "there was a recount .. and we won !"

Boo hoo to her :pout:.