PDA

View Full Version : Button Fly Jeans

J9
08-26-2007, 09:47 PM
So I need new jeans. The ones I bought a few months ago are driving me nuts cause the zipper keeps falling down. So I decided to go with button-fly jeans. I remember years ago every pair of jeans I liked were button fly so I didn't purchase them....now that I want a few pairs, they are impossible to find! I've tried Macy's, American Eagle, The Limited, Aeropostale, Old Navy, Guess, and Gap among others. No button-flys (although American Eagle used to make them I know)

I found some online - Levi's 501. I have to go try them on, but from the photo they look like men's jeans so I doubt I'll like them. Lucky Brand also had some, but they did not fit well at all (and were $98 which is ridiculous for one pair of jeans.)

My next stop is Kohl's junior deparment but since I'm a size 10, 12, or 14 depending on the brand I doubt the juniors section will do it for me.

So my question to you all is: Does anyone know of a store where I can find button fly jeans? Please, I am DESPERATE!!!! Thanks Intercot!!!

CAS
08-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Actually, if you want to avoid the button fly I think any other brand/style of jean will have zippers that don't fall. I don't think I've heard of them falling down so I'm almost positive if you just choose another brand/style the zipper shouldn't fall. :secret:

J9
08-26-2007, 11:03 PM
It's more than one brand that does fall though. I think its cause i'm a bit chunky around the middle and have a bit of a pouch there...I need to work on that to solve the problem, but until then - help! hahaha

PirateLover
08-27-2007, 05:36 AM
It's more than one brand that does fall though. I think its cause i'm a bit chunky around the middle and have a bit of a pouch there...I need to work on that to solve the problem, but until then - help! hahaha

It's not just that. I've had that problem with different pairs of pants and shorts off and on throughout the years, and there were times when I was pretty skinny! In fact I just bought a really cute pair of shorts and I'm so mad that the zipper won't stay! I actually saftey pin it up from the inside when I want to wear them.

I don't know that you have to go button fly unless all your pants are doing this. It may sound silly but when you try on a pair of jeans bend/move/dance all around the dressing room and see if the zipper stays.

I don't like ordering jeans off the internet because they almost always don't fit properly.

offero
08-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Button fly might not always be the ans. almost all my pants are button fly and I have a few pairs where the buttons come undone on their own.

BronxTigger
08-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Have you tried Target? I get all my jeans there now; I think Levis?? and I have never had a problem with the zipper coming down. Also, they are less than $30/pair; I know I got mine on sale for around $20 each.

DizNee143
08-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Angel jeans have some styles that have buttons for the fly...just gotta go searching..however they are in the juniors department..ive seen that brand at Kohls, JC Penneys, and Burlington Coat Factory...but the brand goes up to a size 19..or possibly 21..dont know if that will help but figured i would mention it!! hope you find something soon!! :)

crazypoohbear
08-27-2007, 09:08 AM
I've only seen the button fly jeans at JC Penney for men.
I personally don't like button fly. I always envision a bathroom accident while trying to get the buttons undone:blush:

DVC2004
08-27-2007, 10:08 AM
My husband got a pair from Target, but I haven't noticed any for women so that is likely not the trend this fall. Maybe you could purchase a man's pair if you really want them?

I personally hate 'em! I think they are a total pain.:secret:

J9
08-27-2007, 05:02 PM
So I think I solved my own problem!

I was complaining to my mom about my zippers falling and zipped it up again in front of her. She says, "Janine, aren't you going to lock the zipper?" And I'm like: "What are you talking about?"

So apparantly mom was taught to flip the zipper pull down after you zip up. I always left it up. So I gave it a go this afternoon and the zipper did not fall. So I guess I have an experiment to do with all of my jeans now.

I never knew zippers locked!!!! They should teach that in school!!!

PirateLover
08-27-2007, 06:05 PM
So apparantly mom was taught to flip the zipper pull down after you zip up. I always left it up. So I gave it a go this afternoon and the zipper did not fall. So I guess I have an experiment to do with all of my jeans now.

I forgot to mention that in my post! Yes sometimes you do have to flip the zipper down but it doesn't ALWAYS work unfortunately. I've actually had some zippers that stay locked when you leave them flipped up... so odd...

J9
08-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Now my whole family is making fun of me (because I've been complaining about this for years now.) SINCE WHEN DO ZIPPERS HAVE LOCKS ON THEM?!?!?!! I'm so embarrassed! :blush:

WDWFanatic
08-28-2007, 09:47 PM
:DROLF:D

Thank you for the giggle...

Think of how much better your pants will fit now ;)

DisneyDog
08-31-2007, 03:39 PM
Don't feel bad...I only just figured that out a few years ago. My zippers were always falling down until then!:blush: