PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella Castle Suite

WDWFREAK101
08-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Is it possible to actually spend the night in Cinderella's Castle without being involved with the Year Of A Million Dreams? How much is the room if you wanted to stay in it? My family wants to know that because i have a daughter that absolutely LOVES Cinderella, and i think that it would be a cool surprise for her if we could spend the night there.

RockChalkKimball
08-26-2007, 09:56 PM
You will have to wish upon a star or find a fairy godmother, cause that is the only way you will get to stay there without winning it from the Dream Squad. I think everyone on these boards wishes they could stay there, no matter what the cost. Nothing has been announced regarding what will come of the suite once the promotion is over. I would guess that it will be reserved for sweepstakes and special occasions. Can you imagine the waiting list for making reservations there, if that were possible???

BigRedDad
08-27-2007, 07:25 AM
I doubt they would ever start taking reservations for Cindy's suite. The only people that could afford it would be the foreigners and super wealthy here. The wait list would be years out and so unattainable by 99.99% of the people that go.

I think that is why it will be an on going dream for as long as it is there. So everyone has an equal chance of staying.

Main Street Jim
08-27-2007, 10:42 AM
There is no price on the Castle Suite.

I've talked to Guest Relations Cast who also serve as Castle Concierge, and I've been told that *several* high-profile celebrities have offered to pay (upwards of a gajillion $$$$ from what I was told...LOL) to try and stay in the suite.

Ya know...to me, it's a shame that that thing is even in there. That room was part of what was supposed to be the Disney family apartment. And I know it was a telephone operator office at one time, too. But still...I think it's a bad idea.

sgdisney
08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
One interesting bit of info I learned on the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour last week was that the official monetary value of the one night stay plus the two meals is $587, which is just under the $600 IRS limit that would make it taxable. I'm sure many would be willing to pay a lot more than that to stay there!

bleukarma
08-27-2007, 11:21 AM
One interesting bit of info I learned on the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour last week was that the official monetary value of the one night stay plus the two meals is $587, which is just under the $600 IRS limit that would make it taxable. I'm sure many would be willing to pay a lot more than that to stay there!

A few months ago I got the opportunity to talk to Charles Ridgeway (he did PR for Disney from the 50's to the 90's) and I asked him this question. Disney puts the cost of the suite under $600 for tax purposes but in reality its more then that because they have to pay CM's to be there all night long. He said that he doubts that it will ever be open to the public, unless you win it. :(

Disney_Barbie
08-27-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm so glad the castle suite can't be bought (haha, maybe I would feel differently if I was rich enough to afford it!) But seriously, I mean I know myself, or my neice for that matter has VERY little chance of ever winning it, but at least I know we have the same chance as everyone else in disney that day, no matter how much we have in our bank account.
Seriously though, if it was for sale, how much do you think a nt in the castle would be? (I know they have it listed as just shy of $600, and I know people would pay millions) but how much do you think it would cost (no matter what they charged, I"m sure they would have a waiting list about 10 years long!!!)
Realistically, I was playing round on disney.com & saw that if you get an Outer Lodge 1 BedRm Club Level Suite in the GF during Holiday Season it could run you $1,069! And I'm sure there is a couple of those, there is only 1 Castle, not to mention all the amazing ambiance and stuff that goes w/ spending the nt at Cinderella's Castle! I think they could easily charge in the $10,000 - $25,000 range and still have people lining up to do it. What do you all think they might charge?

TheRustyScupper
08-27-2007, 01:01 PM
1) I am sure I can get you in, for your daughter's sake.
2) Send me a Money Order for $2,950.
3) I'll get back to you.
4) Someday.

zaneymax
08-27-2007, 10:24 PM
The RustyScupper - You just made me laugh out loud! :funny: You are a stinker! :nono: Hey!? Do you need an assistant to help with all of those booking you are going to be making? :geek: Ha!Ha! :rotfl:

glenpreece
08-27-2007, 10:48 PM
We were told on the Keys to The Kingdom Tour that the suite will be used for "make a wish children" and their families after the celebration is ended. That they will not offer up the suite to celebs etc. That they will not allow anyone to purchase a night in the castle.

CleveSJM
08-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Using it for Make a Wish is a great move. Will help them save on some taxes by "donating" it.

I can easily see them getting to the super-rich by donating it to other charities and having it go up for auction. It'll raise a lot of money for good causes.

I also hope they never offer it publically. Keep it special and useful.

Marilyn Michetti
08-28-2007, 11:59 AM
1) I am sure I can get you in, for your daughter's sake.
2) Send me a Money Order for $2,950.
3) I'll get back to you.
4) Someday.

Wonder if anyone will see it offered on E-bay, and think it's real?:cool:

TheRustyScupper
08-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Wonder if anyone will see it offered on E-bay, and think it's real?:cool:

I can see the eBay ad now -
"Auctioning a blank envelope for $2950. You are only buying the blank/empty envelope. Nothing else. I might include a surprise of a free night in the Castle."

cal5755
08-28-2007, 08:01 PM
This thread has my 2 girls looking at me like I have 2 heads from laughing!!!:funny:

I am new to intercot and this is my first post, with many more to follow I am sure!!

I just had to agree with

but at least I know we have the same chance as everyone else in disney that day, no matter how much we have in our bank account.

My family and I are taking our 3rd trip (as a family) to Disney in 16 days and my 2 girls have been daydreaming daily of sleeping in the castle. I love them to dream the wish, however I have been trying for days to think of a way to prepare them, especially my 8 year old, for the fact that it is not going to happen. I mean I dont want them to stop thinking about it and it is so true that they have the same chance as the thousands of people in the park but I want them to have a bit of reality about the odds.... and I just don't know how to explain it in terms they would understand.

I do like the idea of it being used for Make A Wish after the million dreams is over....I have a friend who's daughter got her Disney dream vacation through Make A Wish.

All I can say about ebay is HAAHAAHAAHAA!!
I bet there are people who would buy an envelope though!

Just one question.... has anyone gone to Disney already this year and recieved a prize from the million dreams giveaway??