DisneyWhirled
08-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Our posse:

DH-John (38)
Me-Karen (33)-Disney Freak
DS-Colby (8)
DD-Kaylee (5)
DM-Jackie (55)-Karen's mom & Grammy to Colby and Kaylee

Today we had a Fantasmic Dinner package at H&V at 4:10PM. We slept in a bit and went to AP for breakfast to use some of our CS meals, as DM and I had planned on sharing a lot of ours, hopefully, to save some calories :)

After bf we took the bus at the Springs and headed back to MGM. Soup of the day was still split pea-quite hot and humid. We tried to make sure to stay completely hydrated. Our soft side cooler was chuck full of ice and bottled water.

We managed to get quite a bit done given that we were slowed down by the heat and the Grammy :). We saw Lights, Motor, Action, Muppet Vision, Indiana Jones, Beauty & The Beast, did some shopping and watched the street acts. H&V was great, as usual. The selections to choose from were plentiful and the dessert bar was OOTW-Out of this world!! I was disappointed that we were not able to get a later meal, but because we booked last minute, we had to take what was available. We had quite a bit of time to kill before heading to Oscar's for our seating time. One thing about MGM, the show times end too early in the evening. The park was open until 10:00, with a second showing of Fantasmic, but the last show times were around 6:30 or so.

Fantasmic was fantasmic! We did the wave, had some snacks and enjoyed the light spectacular. My DM was impressed, as she had not seen this show before.

We saw the early show and when it was through headed back to the room. We had a little "issue" on the very full bus, some very RUDE teenagers were sprawled across all of the seats in the back row, and did not move to accomodate anyone. My DM did not hold her tongue, and had to ask them to move so that the kids could sit, as they were just about asleep. They moved, albeit after rolling their eyes and giving us all a dirty look. All I can hope is that I instill proper behavior in my kids and that when they are older, they would move their tusshies without having to be asked. :soapbox:

A nice day at MGM!

kakn7294
08-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Sounds like a really full day! I'm glad your mom enjoyed Fantasmic. We didn't like it the first time we saw it a few years ago but it's grown on us. I know what you mean about the show times. After Fantasmic, you can't do anything but ride RnRC, ToT, Star Tours, or the Muppets and the lines are horrific!

faline
08-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Nice day! Fantasmic is always so much fun!

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2007, 05:49 PM
It sounds like the mom to those teens still has some teaching to do.

Glad you had a good day. I love Fantasmic too.

Donald
08-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I love your mom's moxy!!:nono::yay:

Bethis26fan
08-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a good day, thanks for sharing.

Lizzie
08-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Another fun day. And I am glad your mom had the guts to get the kids to share the seats.

iheartmickey
08-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Another nice day!

I can't wait to see Fantasmic! for the first time when we go ... we are also doing the package at H&V. Glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
We ate at H&V in April with the Fantasmic package -- and we had a 4:10 seating due to some craziness -- but it was FABULOUS! I'm glad your DM spoke up to those kids, too! :thumbsup:

gauvin4
08-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Good for your Mom!!:mickey: Glad to hear you enjoyed your day!

January-2007
08-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Glad you enjoyed Hollywood and Vine, we're going there for the first time in a few weeks. Thanks for the trip report! :mickey: