PDA

View Full Version : Crowds this August

Momof5
08-26-2007, 04:30 PM
We're planning our next trip for next year, August 17-27th. (355 days, but who's counting?) :blush:

For those of you who've just gone to WDW, how were the crowds?

faline
08-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I haven't been recently but, generally, crowds are fairly large at the beginning of the month and drop off throughout the month. For the lowest crowds in August, go as late in the month as possible.

sgdisney
08-26-2007, 06:16 PM
I've been several times in mid August and just returned from an August 16-22 trip. In past years, the crowds have not been bad, but this year, the parks were all much busier than I've seen them before. Also, keep in mind that the past several years Disney has offered free dining starting the later part of August, so I am sure this affects crowds too. But overall, I am sure crowds are still lower later in August than mid summer.

Beast_fanatic
08-26-2007, 09:09 PM
As I posted before, beginning this year several southern school districts (including those in my area) were forced to start back later in the month of August than in prior years. It appears this may have contributed to crowds lingering a bit longer in August (that and the fact that the end of August has been touted as a slower summer time by boards such as these). I still think the crowds at this time are likely lighter than in the month of July though.