08-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Our posse:

DH-John (38)
Me-Karen (33)-Disney Freak
DS-Colby (8)
DD-Kaylee (5)
DM-Jackie (55)-Karen's mom & Grammy to Colby and Kaylee

Why didn't anyone tell us that it was going to be so hot? :D

Today, I, the essential planner, had our posse booked for a 12:30 Sci-Fi lunch at MGM. I was up at 7AM, despite only going to bed around 2:45AM. This DOES NOT happen at home-but-in DW, watch out, sergeant mommy is in the barracks :). Grammy was up too, but the kiddos were far into la la land, so we let them sleep while we all got ready. Finally, around 10AM, we headed out the door to catch the bus to MGM. As we left the villa, we walked straight into pea soup. We have been to DW several times in August, but I cannot recall it being as humid as it was this year. Fortunately, we were able to navigate through the soup and find our way to MGM.

Upon arrival, DH went to get a stroller with the kids while my mom and I got her PHP at Guest Relations. After that, we followed HSM up the street for the pep rally and decided to wait for the next show, as we could not get a great spot. Over to the Great Movie Ride, which had very little wait (15 minutes maybe). The kiddos don't care for this one because of the alien, but we had them close their eyes and they were fine. After the GMR, we saw HSM and then it was almost time for lunch. They would not sign us in until our designated ADR, so we waited in the shade and smelled the yummy food in the air. By the time 12:30 came, we were starving. We sat within 5 minutes of our ADR.

This was our first visit to Sci-Fi, and it did not dissapoint! Our waitress, Danny was phenomenal! We were on the dining plan, and she went over everything we could have. She hooked the kids up with oreo cookie shakes for starters. DH had a vanilla, choco, strawberry shake and a soda affectionately called a "suicide" which, no one but him has ever heard of-until Danny. I think had he not been married, they may have had a love connection over that drink :). I shared onion rings w/all, DM shared spinach artichoke dip and DH had the blt soup. For entree's, DH and DM had huge cheeseburgers and I had a BBQ chicken sandwhich-all excellent! DS had chicken pizza with a tossed salad and DD had beef macaroni with a tossed salad. For dessert, DH had the cheesecake and DM and I had the Chocolate Kaluha Torte. Everything was delicious! The kids were kept entertained through the whole meal with the movie (clips). We will definitely eat there again.

Next we grabbed FP for The Voyage of the Little Mermaid and then headed to the Animation Courtyard and met Emile and Remy-there was quite a line, it took about 1/2 an hour to see them, but, hey it was air conditioned! Once we got our pics, DH went to grab a spot for the parade and DM, kids and I went to see the VOTLM. As always, it was a nice show.

After we found DH, we grabbed some sodas and popcorn to watch the Stars and Motor Cars parade. This would be the last time we would see it, and it is DH's fav. Lastly we did some browsing in the shops and headed back to our resort. We were all exhausted from the late night before and decided we needed some pool time and early to bed for the kiddos.

Back at the resort, we all got changed in our bathing suits, walked to the pool that we couldn't see :) and as soon as we stepped into the water, the skies darkened and a cute little old, non-english speaking CM was running around holding the "pool closed" sign and frantically pointing at it, yelling "out". We got cooled off just a bit and headed back to the room just in time for the skies to open up. It poured while we changed and then stopped so we headed to supper at Artist Palette.

After supper, DM watched the kids while DH and I went to MK for Extra Magic Hours. We arrived skipping because we had a night to ourselves, but were too weary to have any magic during the extra hours. We were back at the resort by 10:30PM for a long sleep. It was a fun filled day!

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Sorry the pool didn't work out for you. Bad rain. Thanks to Jackie, you two got a few minutes of "couple" time.:D It is great isn't it?

Can't wait to read more......

BTW, do you have pictures?

dtootsie42
08-26-2007, 05:11 PM
You are so brave to go in August. When we lived in Texas we never gave the heat a thought (even though we always go to Disney in December because we love the holiday decorations). Now that we live in Washington state the thought of spending time at Disney World in the heat and humidity is not appealing at all. I marvel at those who brave the heat!

kakn7294
08-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Wow, I don't even remember what it's like to experience WDW without the kids. Even a few years ago when we went with my parents and sister's family, we didn't get to celebrate our 10th anniversary alone. They all tagged along for dinner! Too bad you were too tired to truly enjoy it!

faline
08-26-2007, 05:46 PM
It was nice of your mom to watch the kids and give you some adult time together!

Bethis26fan
08-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie
08-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the report. Now on to the next day.

iheartmickey
08-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Sounds like a nice day despit the heat and humidity. I hope to get a moment with just DH when we go in Oct ... DM will be there with us too!

Thank you for sharing your trip report! :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
08-27-2007, 12:35 PM
A great day, even if your pool time was cut short! :mickey:

gauvin4
08-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Sounds like you had a great day despite the humidity. We thought about going to WDW during August ourselves, but from the sounds of it I am glad we settle on December instead.:mickey:

January-2007
08-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks for reporting.