PDA

View Full Version : Colby and Kaylee's Complete Suprise Trip 8/11 to 8/18-Arrival Day

DisneyWhirled
08-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Our posse:

DH-John (38)
Me-Karen (33)-Disney Freak
DS-Colby (8)
DD-Kaylee (5)
DM-Jackie (55)-Karen's mom & Grammy to Colby and Kaylee

We are DVC members and stayed at SSR in the Grandstands Section.

Let me preface our report by stating that this was a complete and utter surprise to Colby and Kaylee. We last visited DW in May, and they did not think they were going to DW until Feb '08. Imagine their faces when we told them on 8/10 that we couldn't go in Feb '08, because we were leaving the next day and that their beloved Memere Jackie would be joining us! Little did they know that we were full of suprises!

Day 1-We flew SW from Manchester on the 9:00PM flight-absolutely could not believe how many people had the same idea to go to Disney as we did-and especially at 9 PM :). Manchester is 1.5 hours away from our home in Biddeford, Maine, so how ironic was it that we ran into a another Biddeford family on the same flight!

We arrived at MCO around midnight, which really was not that bad. Kaylee slept the whole flight, and the rest of the family attempted to keep good 'ole mommy calm on the plane, that took all of their time :). We had the kids already in their pj's so they were nice and comfy. We decided to get our luggage, so that we would have it right away. Then it was off to Magical Express. We only waited about 15 minutes for our bus, which wasn't bad. The only problem with a late arrival was that there were several drop offs. As a result, we did not get to SSR until 2AM :sleepin:. I have to say DS & DD were absolutely awesome-I had to wonder who took my two kids and replaced them with these little angels! Must be because Grammy was with us!

We had a quick check-in with a CM who we must have woken up from his deep slumber-who directed us to the furthest building on Disney property. Guess I wasn't loud enough with my request for a Grandstands Pool View. Come to find out the room was not THAT far, but the only way we were going to see the pool was to camp on the roof. We requested a 1 BR, and it really did turn out OK.

When checking in, we asked for bell services to bring us and our baggage all the way to our room, which they gladly obliged. We also picked up our Garden Grocer order, as they had left it that day with bell services. Upon arrival we found the room to be clean and nice. By this point, we were all ready for bed! Good night!

kakn7294
08-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the report! I've considered a late arrival like that - now I know to keep the arrival before 10p if I want to see a bed before midnight! BTW, I thought your kids were perfectly sweet little angels. Looking forward to hearing more!

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2007, 04:22 PM
I never thought of a late night either.....good idea. Might be better than showing up at 6am for a room. Too funny.

Your kids are darling!!

Can't wait to read more.

faline
08-26-2007, 05:37 PM
What a great surprise for your kids! Glad you're settled into your room and ready for the fun to begin!

Bethis26fan
08-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a good travel day.

Lizzie
08-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Wow that is a late arrival. Looking forward to the rest of the reports.

iheartmickey
08-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Sounds like a nice start to your vacation. We often travel late ... DH is not an early riser ... you got there REALLY late. I would've been sleepwalking already! LOL!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

gauvin4
08-29-2007, 07:56 AM
Hello fellow Mainer. :mickey: Good job keeping the trip a surprise. I would never be able to do that!! I am looking forward to the rest of your reports.

DisneyWhirled
08-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Hello fellow Mainer. :mickey: Good job keeping the trip a surprise. I would never be able to do that!! I am looking forward to the rest of your reports.

Hi There!!

January-2007
08-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for reporting.

EvilQueen2006
08-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Hello fellow Biddeford-er. Just like the song says "It's a small world after all. . . . " I'm enjoying reading your reports. I was just in the World last week and haven't posted any reports yet. My sister, who went with us, will probably post them later this week. Sure was hot and humid. I enjoyed myself (how could I not in Disney) but I'm not sure I'll be doing another August trip. I'm used to the nice mild weather here in Maine. It's even been a little too hot up here this summer for my liking.

DisneyWhirled
08-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Hello fellow Biddeford-er. Just like the song says "It's a small world after all. . . . " I'm enjoying reading your reports. I was just in the World last week and haven't posted any reports yet. My sister, who went with us, will probably post them later this week. Sure was hot and humid. I enjoyed myself (how could I not in Disney) but I'm not sure I'll be doing another August trip. I'm used to the nice mild weather here in Maine. It's even been a little too hot up here this summer for my liking.

Hi There!! Wow, it sure is a SMALL WORLD!!! We could have our own mini-meet right in our own city :).

We have been a few times in August, and I must admit that this had to be the hottest! I don't think we will do another trip in August, either, but it is so convenient with school out and all....

Can't wait to read your reports!

I will post some pictures soon...still have to finish my day 5, 6 and departure day.

ChipnDaleGal
08-30-2007, 02:46 PM
My daughter and I often do the really late check in thing, so I know what you are talking about. Good thing your kids got some sleep on the way down. Disney endorphins should help you get up the next morning! :mickey: