PDA

View Full Version : Lilhooligan's Family Trip-Day 5

LilHooligan74
08-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Another long one, sorry.

Thursday August 16th
Just when I thought my vacation could not get any more trying, Guess What? It did.
We woke up early due to my mom being back from her visit with friends. DW wanted to relax by the pool and try to unwind after the night before. I can't blame her!
We had plans to go to Epcot and enjoy the EMH later in the day. We had also been able to secure reservations for dinner at Nine Dragons in WS, at the last minute. My mom wanted to go to Ak. We went and left the girls at the pool, promising to return by two.
I had a blast. Once we got there, we walked around looking at the habitats. We got FPs for the Safari, then got and train and went to Conservation Station. We spent a good bit of time there. I learned alot of things I did not know about the park thanks to my mom asking alot of questions. We left there and got to the Safaris right as the time was up on the FP. After the Safari we did the Exploration Trail and Jungle Trek. Once again I tried unsuccessfully to get one of my family members on EE. We really wanted to get to Epcot so we left and headed back to BWV.
Once we got back we grabbed a bite to eat from the Bakery. My DDs wanted me to go on the Water Slide with them. I got changed and my mom went back to room. I played in the pool for a little bit. I came to learn they had already met the Guard:secret:. He had told me it was his third day at the BW pool. DD7 would not go on the slide so I went up with DD4.
I came down the slide and DD7 came over yelling that mommy got stung by a bee and does not feel well. Distracted by this, I did not notice that DD4 was coming down the slide and shot right into me. Just a little history about bee stings and DW. She is allergic to Bees, but has not had an Allergic reaction in over 10 years. she is Allergic to fire ant bites, but has not had an Allergic reaction in 8 years. Because of this She did not have and epi-pen on her person. DW told me she was having shortness of breath and chest tightness. She was getting over an upper respiratory infection so this was bad already. As this was happening, the guard had alerted another Guard and came over to see what was happening. After finding out about no epi-pen and the staff not having one, he notified his supervisor. The coordinator came over to see DW. I had a quick conversation with my wife after finding out the coordinator did not carry an epi-pen. We decided she needed an Ambulance. Reedy Creek was called. I felt so bad for the Guard, he had never had an emergency before and was visibly shaken. I kept telling him to breath deeply, to slow down. The coordinator was with my wife and another guard was with the girls, who were sitting on the pool steps. All of the sudden, security showed up and Managers from all over the Hotel were there. Trevor was the duty manager and he was very nice and helpful. RCFD arrived and DW decided to go to ER. She walked to the Ambulance, because she did not want to upset the girls. She was placed in the Ambulance, so all I had to do was figure where the Hospital was, how to get there, and who was gonna watch the girls. Trevor had someone get in touch with my mom and got someone to give me a ride to the Hospital. My mom arrived shortly after and took over care of the girls. I changed my clothes and went to the Hospital. I can't remember who drove me, Jase? Everyone was very helpful and nice during the whole situation.
I got to Celebration Hospital and found they had started an IV on DW and she was being processsed by a Nurse. The staff was nice, my only complaint was it took 2 hours for the doctor to see DW. We were there long enough that we got to experience shift change and she got a new nurse. They observed her for about four hours and then released her. Before they released her, they gave her some steroids and a prescription for steroids and an epi-pen. We went back to the hotel via a Taxi, which was paid for by BW. Thank you to the staff at BW
Got back to the room to find DD4 sleeping and my mom ready to go to bed. It was between nine and ten and DW wanted was to eat. Myself, DW and DD7 went to eat. Before we went out we stopped to talk to Trevor. Trevor unfortunately had to leave on a family emergency so we spoke to AJ, who was a Customer Relations Manager. We spoke about what happened and had said we were interested in extending our stay to compensate for missing this day. He told us he was on our side and would have to wait to make a decision until he spoke to Trevor.
Just our luck, all the restaurants on the Boardwalk were closed. We went to Planet Hollywood at DD. Food was decent. We were sitting against the bar, which was above us. I was sitting against the bar. I got up to leave and all of the sudden I saw something fly through the air. Apparently the bartender had lost control of a can of apple juice, it struck DW above the ankle. The scary part was, if I was sitting down, I would have been hit in the head. she got a nice bruise from that.
We went back to the hotel and went tobed, hoping to shake off this black cloud.

Day 6 coming soon

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2007, 04:34 PM
How unfortunate your day has been. I truly hope things improve for you and your family!! Glad that your DW came out of the sting feeling better.

Christine
08-26-2007, 05:32 PM
I am not believing the run of bad luck you guys are having this trip! I sure hope things look up soon!

faline
08-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh my! What an unfortunate set of circumstances! This does not sound like fun at all! I'm sorry you're needing to deal with all of this while on vacation.

Lizzie
08-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Sorry about your day. It sounds like the hotel staff were nice. Hopefully your wife started feeling better quickly.

iheartmickey
08-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Wow! I can't believe the run of bad luck you guys are having. I hope it turns around for you! I guess it'll be a memorable vacation.

krose78
08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
It isn't fun being on the other side of emergency medicine doesn't it. I hope you still had fun overall.

Mrs Rosie. :thumbsup:

January-2007
08-28-2007, 06:20 PM
What a day! The Boardwalk staff seemed to be very good with your family, and how lucky to have your mom their so she could watch over the girls! Glad everyone is safe, hope you get that extra day and things take a turn for the better! Thanks for the trip report. It's good to know that Disney takes care of its guests, even in such trying times!

LilHooligan74
03-01-2008, 03:32 PM
I just wanted to thank all the posters for their support and compassion. When it rains it pours. We did seem to have a run of bad luck on this trip. It is all good though. Still have some very good vacation memories. I must say that it being my first ever trip staying on property and first multi day trip in twenty years it did not live up to expectations. That I attribute to the crazy events.
We are returning this summer again. Again I will probably place high expectations on this again. Although I will be much better prepared, mentally and physically. We have three epi-pens, so hopefully she wont have to visit the hospital again.
I must say the only reason we are not returning to the BW, for me anyway is the desire to stay at a Magic Kingdom area resort.
I enjoyed the BW and the two AMAZING managers we dealt with and who helped by far outweighed the one or two negative CMs we encountered. You get what you pay for and i felt cared for. I don't know if it is something they put in the water the CMs drink, training, or just the type of people they hire, but it definitely made some crazy situations so much better.
Again thank you to everyone on here and I love this site, so helpful.

pdrlkr
03-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Sorry about your day. Hope things get better.

RedheadWriter
03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Here's to a better trip this year!