PDA

View Full Version : Which Epcot eatery is best for Illuminations?

goofyguy666
08-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Going to be there at the end of Oct. I would like to get an ADR somewhere with a good view.

LoriMistress
08-26-2007, 02:41 PM
I would suggest calling 407-WDW-DINE asap, if you're trying to get an ADR now. Most restaurants have been booked in advance.

I would either go with Rose & Crown Pub or the new Italian restaurant.

luvdiznee
08-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Yep, R&C is good. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2007, 02:46 PM
The last two years we have been able to sit on the patio at Rose and Crown. We book about 740pm and request the outside table along the water. We have been extremely fortunate and the view is spectacular. Start viewing this link and go from page 17 up. You will see how the view is from this patio table (http://travel.webshots.com/album/560331789VnKtcn?start=192). There was a post next to our table that I sat my digital camera on. This kept it stable. Good luck!!

goofyguy666
08-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks all. Since it gets dark earlier in Oct, does Illuminations also start at an earlier time or always about 9:00PM? I was thinking of trying for an ADR at about 8:00PM.

The last two years we have been able to sit on the patio at Rose and Crown. We book about 740pm and request the outside table along the water. We have been extremely fortunate and the view is spectacular. Start viewing this link and go from page 17 up. You will see how the view is from this patio table (http://travel.webshots.com/album/560331789VnKtcn?start=192). There was a post next to our table that I sat my digital camera on. This kept it stable. Good luck!!

mickey-mouse35
08-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Illuminations always starts at 9 pm.

I was also wanting to do dining for Illuminations but nothing on R&C menu looked very exciting for me. I think we're going to eat at the cantina outside by Mexico.

Someone suggested new Italy restaurant. Are they taking ADR's yet, and can you see Illuminations from there--I thought it was an indoor restaurant?

goofyguy666
08-26-2007, 07:44 PM
If I remember correctly, it is indoors. I also remember that the Cantina looked like a good place to watch if you are lucky enough to stake out a table near the water. You may need to get there pretty early and be able to hang on to it.

Illuminations always starts at 9 pm.

I was also wanting to do dining for Illuminations but nothing on R&C menu looked very exciting for me. I think we're going to eat at the cantina outside by Mexico.

Someone suggested new Italy restaurant. Are they taking ADR's yet, and can you see Illuminations from there--I thought it was an indoor restaurant?

threeh
08-26-2007, 09:43 PM
What great pictures!! Now I'm goint to have to try and do this for a dinner. How long of a wait did you have?? Were you able to finish dinner and enjoy the show or do they rush you out if you finish early. Thanks!!!:mickey:

goofyguy666
08-27-2007, 08:16 PM
It is at the Rose and Crown for 8:00. It was easier then I expected. I could have had any night of our stay for that time. :cloud9: