PDA

View Full Version : How early to arrive for Candlelight Processional?

Bringonthemouse!
08-26-2007, 02:19 PM
We are not going to have a dinner package for the Candlelight Processional so I am wondering how early we should arrive beforehand. I know it is a very popular event.
We don't have a problem waiting in lines for long periods of time if we are guaranteed a seat by being the first(ish) people there. So what do you think, one/two/three hours ahead?
:mickey:

LoriMistress
08-26-2007, 02:51 PM
I would start lining up at least an hour before it starts. There may be some people that might line up longer then that.

DisneyDudet
08-26-2007, 04:45 PM
I would line up about 2 hours before. The last time I went, they let only about the first 20 people in line for the first showing b/c it was so full. There are horror stories about the line being all the way to Mexico. I have also seen people camped out early in the afternoon as well.

Dinner Package people get first "dibs" on seats. Some nights, general seating people may not even be allowed for all the dinner packages and family members.

To me, waiting two hours is a waste of a park ticket. I'd rather pay some money for a nice dinner(usually its a better deal than eating a normal meal) and line up about 30 min before the show starts and get my seat.

The CP is VERY popular. It is very difficult to get in w/o the dinner package, especially for popular narrators and closer to Christmas.

I suggest the dinner package. Otherwise, you will be using up a lot of time waiting.

faline
08-26-2007, 05:01 PM
The last time I went, I had the dinner package and still waited on line for the second showing from almost the beginning of the first showing.

I'd suggest getting the dinner package if your really want to attend.

DisneyDudet
08-26-2007, 05:19 PM
The last time I went, I had the dinner package and still waited on line for the second showing from almost the beginning of the first showing.

I'd suggest getting the dinner package if your really want to attend.

There were dinner package guests the last time we did it that were waiting before the first performance to go to the second.

TiggeRia
08-26-2007, 08:29 PM
When we went last year, we had the dinner package and went to the last showing of the evening. We got in line about 45 minutes prior to the start of the show, and it was already very, very long. We wound up sitting all the way in the front to the side (right in front of the trumpeter). It was difficult to see very much from where we were, but it was still a beautiful program. If you're not going to do the dinner package, I would think you would have to line up about 2 hours before the start.

Marilyn Michetti
08-26-2007, 09:33 PM
We go to a week-day performance, first show, about an hour early. We're usually around the 50th or so in line, (standby), and that line moves simultaneously with the reserved line. We get GREAT seats, ALWAYS! Now, if you're doing a later performance, on a week-end, I'd get in line yesterday.

When you see the line starting, get in it. Believe me, having dinner packages doesn't guarantee anything except that you will get a seat. The CM's know how many "ressie's" to expect, and will allow for that number. The standby line has just as good a chance for "down front" as the ones that just came out of LeCellier. Ask the ever present security by the ropes what time the lines start.

Have a WONDERFUL time! It's a terrific experience.:cloud9:

Bringonthemouse!
08-26-2007, 10:14 PM
I would do the dinner package but it would be an absolute waste of money as DD is insanely picky about what she eats and is too old for the kids menu.
What day of the week, in your experienced opinions, would be the least busy. We will be there for 12 days so we can try any day of the week.
Thanx for all the responses, it's muchly appreciated!