PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

jrpersinger
08-26-2007, 11:32 AM
We are planning our trip for June and I am trying to figure out exactly how the tickets work...

If we buy a 6 day MYW park hopper with water park option, can we go to the 4 main parks for the first 6 days THEN go to the water park on a 7th day? How exactly does it work? We would like to spend our last day at the water parks. Its going to be a short days since we will be flying out that evening.

We are also wanting to go to DTD sometime during our trip. Will going to DTD take away that extra day?

Or am I completely misunderstanding the way it works? LOL

droopy d.
08-26-2007, 12:29 PM
If you buy 6 day passes, you can only go to the parks 5 days and spend one day at water parks.

Beast_fanatic
08-26-2007, 01:02 PM
If you are only going to one water park (and no Pleasure Island clubs or DisneyQuest), then buying admission directly to that water park will be less expensive than getting the Water Park, Fun & More add-on.

As far as Downtown Disney, the only part of that that requires admission is to get into the clubs in Pleasure Island, so if you are just going to shop then you need no admission.

If you buy a 6-day Magic Your Way pass with park hopping, you can go to any of the 4 main parks for a total of 6-days admission within 14-days of first use. In other words, you can go to the 4 main parks on your first 6 days, or you can skip a day in the middle (where you do not enter one of the 4 main parks at all) and still go to the 4 main parks on your seventh day.

So, I would only get the Water Parks, Fun & More add-on if you are going to go to more than one water park, or if you are going to go to a water park and the Pleasure Island clubs.

jrpersinger
08-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Okay, so here is the plan, we arrive on Sun. We plan to go to the park 4 main parks Sun-Fri. Also, BB one morning and to DTD one evening (just to shop) but not on the same day. Then on the Sat we check out, we were going to TL only. We will have to be at the airport around 6pm. So we figured we would do the water parks the last day since they are alittle more relaxing.

When we told someone this was our plan, they told us to only get the 6 day pass because the water park option would carry over for a 7th day, even if its after we use the 6 days in the park. As long as it was used within 14 days of them being purchased. But we were not sure she was right.

I have also been told that as long as your ticket is for more then 3 days, your water park and more entires match the amount of days you stay. So we plan to buy 6 days MYW, so we would get 6 Water Park and More options????
Does that sound right?

Our last trip on our first and last day we did a water park and MK. And then only hit the major parks between. But our tickets lasted the entire trip. Not like the situation I mentioned above.

I am so confused! :confused:

CleveRocks
08-26-2007, 02:51 PM
If you buy 6 day passes, you can only go to the parks 5 days and spend one day at water parks.

This is not true.

A 6-day base ticket gives you six days of theme park admissions (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, Animal Kingdom). A base ticket gives you ZERO admissions to water parks or Disney Quest. If you put your base ticket through a water park turnstile, the turnstile will not unlock, and you will be denied admission. To get into a water park or Disney Quest, you'd need to buy a single-day admission on the spot, or if you are gonna go mulitple times you'd upgrade your ticket with the Water Parks Fun & More add-on. When you do that, your WPF&M admissions are totally separate from the theme park admissions.

CleveRocks
08-26-2007, 02:56 PM
For a 6-day ticket, the WPF&M add-on costs something like $53. A one-time admission to BB or TL costs about $41. Clearly, buying the add-on will be cheaper than buying 2 separate 1-day admissions at the gate.

Beast_fanatic
08-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Okay, so here is the plan, we arrive on Sun. We plan to go to the park 4 main parks Sun-Fri. Also, BB one morning and to DTD one evening (just to shop) but not on the same day. Then on the Sat we check out, we were going to TL only. We will have to be at the airport around 6pm. So we figured we would do the water parks the last day since they are alittle more relaxing.

When we told someone this was our plan, they told us to only get the 6 day pass because the water park option would carry over for a 7th day, even if its after we use the 6 days in the park. As long as it was used within 14 days of them being purchased. But we were not sure she was right.

I have also been told that as long as your ticket is for more then 3 days, your water park and more entires match the amount of days you stay. So we plan to buy 6 days MYW, so we would get 6 Water Park and More options????
Does that sound right?

Our last trip on our first and last day we did a water park and MK. And then only hit the major parks between. But our tickets lasted the entire trip. Not like the situation I mentioned above.

I am so confused! :confused:

Yes, what you were told is correct. The 6-day MYW park hopper will cover your admission to the 4 main parks for your first 6-days, and the Water Park, Fun & More option will cover your admission for your 2 water park visits.

jrpersinger
08-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks Rhonda!

I had no idea till the other day you could do this. We have always just bought tickets and assumed you could go to any of the Parks (4 main plus the waterparks and such) as many times as you wanted as long as you had the park hopper, for the amount of days you paid for.

Wonder if the Stars and Stripes tickets you get at SOG are the same way? Hummm.......

faline
08-26-2007, 05:09 PM
There used to be a Length of Stay pass that allowed this. Ticket pricing and options have changed quite a lot in the last few years.

For an explanation on how the various ticket options work, go here (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/passes/magicyourway.asp).