PDA

View Full Version : Spas?

AlyceMarie03
08-26-2007, 12:39 AM
SO and I are going to WDW for our Anniversary. We are planning on maybe going to either the Grand Floridian Spa or the Saratoga Springs Spa. Has anyone ever been to one of these? We're having a Hard time Deciding. It looks like Saratoga Springs offers a Couples Relaxation Spa Package for around $400.00 and the Grand Floridian is a Bit Cheaper running around $250/$375.

If anyone has any feedback or information, it is greatly appreciated:0)

chechas
08-26-2007, 02:02 AM
I have done the Grand Floridian Spa. I had a facial (thye used Jurlique products), sea salt body scrub and a massage and they were all just heavenly! My daughter had a facial, manicure and pedicure (you get hand/foot massage with those)

Whatever you decide I am sure you will be totally relaxed!

John
08-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Just a note here - consider the Mandara Spa at the WDW Dolphin. Beautiful facility and right now - INTERCOT folks get a discount :)

chechas
08-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Just a note here - consider the Mandara Spa at the WDW Dolphin. Beautiful facility and right now - INTERCOT folks get a discount :)

WAIT!! Discount? How? Why? What? Please tell me more!

DestinationWDW
08-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Wow! Didn't know of discounts! Have never been to Saratoga....GF very nice and posh! Robes, slippers, whole deal....very relaxing, beautiful atmosphere, but that discount would be worth checking into.....:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
08-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Here's a link to the Mandara spa (http://www.swandolphin.com/activities/spa.html) site.

Tick-Tock
08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
I was very disappointed in the GF spa. I did not think it was very relaxing at all. The women's waiting area did not have enough chairs so women were standing around waiting before their treatments, and the waiting area was not separated from the locker room so we got to listen to endless hairdrying while we waited. Plus my treatment room was right on a hallway on the way to the locker room and you could hear people in the hall constantly. I don't mind spending the money, but I have had much nicer experiences in spas here in Colorado.

sillyolbear
08-27-2007, 05:48 PM
My wife recommends both. Saratoga Springs Spa I believe has again been named one of the top spas in the country by Conde Nest.

Cinderelley
08-28-2007, 12:11 PM
I would highly suggest SSR over GF. Did the couples massage at the GF. Definitely not worth the money. Made reservations at SSR again for this trip. I'll probably try out the Mandara spa this trip too.