PDA

View Full Version : Early Crystal Palace ADR or watch park opening?

mrsHerbie53
08-26-2007, 12:08 AM
I read many posts about early ADRs for breakfast at the Crystal Palace and most of them affirm that it is easy to get there from resorts or off-site before the park opens by providing your confirmation number.

My question is this:
Is it worth it in your opinion to get an 8AM ADR and not miss any park time since it doesn't open until 9am. Or would you rather come and see Mickey and Minnie and friends do their Magic Kingdom park opening fun??
I have never seen the park open. We have eaten at CP before for lunch and loved it.
Any thoughts??

LoriMistress
08-26-2007, 04:17 AM
Always prefer being in the parks before the official opening. You can get some wonderful pictures, eat breakfast with the characters, and be front and center at your favorite attraction.

BethieTink
08-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Being in the park is great. Once we found out about the early breakfast times, we have never gone to the MK without one. The opening does nothing for me. Being the only riders on the train for BTMRR was priceless. :number1:

Madame Leona
08-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Just a personal choice, I like being there for the park opening. We've made sure to see it at least once during the past 3 trips.

LoriMistress
08-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Maybe if the OP is going to MK twice on their trip, they can make on ADR early breakfast at either CP or CRT, and the other MK they can wait at MK gates before opening so they can watch the show.

JCDarzi
08-26-2007, 04:04 PM
It is wonderful to walk up Main Street USA before the crowds show up. To me it's a dream come true to have MK to yourselves (and a few other CP customers). We did this last year. We were able to have about 20 minutes walking around taking pictures in front of the castle before we had to go to CP.

The ability to take pictures in front of Cinderella's castle and the Mickey and Walt statue without dodging people and having only your family in the picture is priceless. They were also filming while we were walking around. We figured it was one of the clips advertising something special at WDW on the Disney Channnel.

Absolutely, get the early ADR for CP.

mickey-mouse35
08-26-2007, 04:53 PM
My vote, too, is to do the early ADR at CP. However, can you do both? Eat breakfast at 8 am and then go to opening celebration/show? Not sure what time that is, but if at 9 when park opens, you could probably swing it!

08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
We had an 8:05 adr for CP in May. They allowed us in the park at 7:45 so we had time before our adr to get pictures in front of the castle. It was magical walking down Main Street with hardly anyone around. After breakfast we decided to ride the train around the park. The opening ceremony was going on when we reached the train. They wouldn't allow us on until it was over but it was fun seeing it from behind the train & looking out at everyone waiting to get into the park. I highly recommend making an early adr for CP.

January-2007
08-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I think the opening ceremony is a lot of fun, but it can be a long wait and it gets so crowded and depending on what time of year it is, extremely hot. Therefore... we're going for an early morning ADR at Crystal Palace our first morning in the parks. Can't wait!

We have an 8:20 AM ADR, will they let us in around 8:05 since we're supposed to be there 15 minutes early?

08-27-2007, 09:49 AM
We were in line at 7:30 & at 7:45 they just opened the gate & allowed everyone in that was in the reservation line. I had my confirmation number ready to show and they never even checked it. I don't think the time matters as long as you have an adr. So you would probably be allowed in no matter what time your adr is for. I have read that they do check the confirmation number but they didn't for us.