PDA

View Full Version : BFF Birthday Bash Weekend

chechas
08-25-2007, 10:03 PM
What:
BFF Birthday Bash

Cast:
Me (36) - living in Florida, Disney nut
Nikki (40) - lives in Jersey, High Queen Grand Poobah of the Disney Freaks, Nuts and Geeks

When:
Friday Aug 31 - Monday Sept 3

Where:
Board Walk Inn - Water view room

Why:
Do you really need a reason to go to Disney? LOL. Well BFF (yes we call each other Best Friends Forever LOL) just turned forty last week and my birthday was earlier in the summer. We were not able to get together for either birthday this year so we planned this little get away which we have dubbed "The BFF Birthday Bash Weekend at Disney" or the BBB for short. We booked the MYW with Free Dining package back in May so our room, tickets and meals are already paid for.

Plans:

Nikki is flying into Tampa on Thursday evening and flies back out on Tuesday morning.

For Counter service dining credits, we are looking at Wolf Gang Puck Express(DTD), Tangierine Cafe (Morocca) and either Tusker House (AK) or Pepper Market(CSR)

2 snacks I know of will be school bread (Norway) and Dole whip (MK)

Friday - drive to Disney. This is a non-park day as we only got 2 day hopper tickets instead of 3 day because we just like being at Disney, in or out of the parks. We have a 2pm ADR for Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian and a late ADR for Cali Grill right around fireworks time. We will be doing a little shopping and terrorizing at DTD before tea and in between tea and Cali Grill is spa time - massage anyone?

Saturday - not sure what park yet...we are both pretty open minded and free spirited and this is a much much needed get away so will play it by ear. We do however have ADRs for Raglan Rd for dinner (we are planning a trip to Ireland next Summer so this is our mini preview) after which we are heading over to Gaylord Palms Resort for a concert thrown by Tom Joyner Family Reunion - Earth, Wind and Fire!! Woohoo. Funniest part is that Biz Markie is also performing....not sure who all remembers him but he was the rapper with the song "You, you got what I neeeeed...but you say he's just a friend, you say he's just a friend. Oh baby you....etc" LOL! Depending on what time we get out we will hit either Pleasure Island or City Walk for a bit.

Sunday - once again playing the parks by ear. But we have ressies at Victoria and Albert's for dinner. WOOT! Cannot wait. We went there a couple years ago and have talked about the food ever since. Last time we got the wine pairings and were both totally lit and glowing by the end of dinner! LOL Let's see if we can match that again. Of course we both went and bought new dresses for the occasion. Dinner ressie is for like 6pm so will change then tour the hotels and/or go back to a park since MK has EMH that day and then hit Pleasure Island later that night.

Monday - go to Tchoup Tchoup at Universal for lunch ($19 3-course lunch special baby) then hit the road back to Tampa.

We are both looking forward to the whole trip! And just like I did with my X-mas trip, I will have my laptop and when we are not out getting into good wholesome trouble ( we are both silly as can be and have a great time where ever we go), I will be giving live daily trip reports.

Hope y'all can come along and rock out with us on the BFF Birthday Bash!

~CC

faline
08-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Sounds like lots of fun with lots of good food as well! What a great way to celebrate a birthday!

Bethis26fan
08-25-2007, 11:21 PM
I hope you have a great trip.

Sunshine1010
08-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Question:

Am I reading this right?....

I know that if you get a MYW package, you have to have the dining plan for every night. But you don't have to buy park tickets for every night and you still can get the package?

Lizzie
08-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Have a great trip. And from what I understand your dinning package is connected to how many nights at your hotel not your park tickets.

chechas
08-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Question:

Am I reading this right?....

I know that if you get a MYW package, you have to have the dining plan for every night. But you don't have to buy park tickets for every night and you still can get the package?

Yep - all you have to buy is at least a 1 day ticket with the package in order to get it. It is your choice you can buy up to I think it was a 10 day ticket and add park hopper and/or no expire to it also, no matter ho wmany nights you were staying. You get dining plan for as many nights as you book though.

Sunshine1010
08-26-2007, 02:16 AM
So I could get a MYW package for a 4 night stay....which would include 4 night stay at a resort, 4 nights of the dining plan, and a 1 day pass (each person). Then.....I could use my AP for the rest of the days?

chechas
08-26-2007, 02:22 AM
So I could get a MYW package for a 4 night stay....which would include 4 night stay at a resort, 4 nights of the dining plan, and a 1 day pass (each person). Then.....I could use my AP for the rest of the days?

Yep you sure can. My friends do it every time especially when they offer free dining or they can't get a annual pass rate for the hotel they want - get 1 day passes on the plan (don't add park hopping) and then use thier annual passes for the rest of the week.

ChipnDaleGal
08-26-2007, 08:02 AM
I hope the BBB is a great tie for both of you, as I am sure it will be. :mickey:

Sunshine1010
08-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Wow.....that opens up a whole new door for me.

Sunshine1010
08-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Can you do that during discounts....like the Visa discounts, etc.? (I know it wouldn't work with the AP because you can't get dining if you use that discount)

chechas
08-26-2007, 10:33 AM
I can't answer for sure but don't see why not....from the disney site about the packages:

Flexibility Gives You the Vacation You Want on the Budget You Want!
Customize your Disney vacation package by selecting Resort and ticket Options that best match your budget, needs and preferences. Pay for only what's important for you.

Number of Days
With Magic Your Way vacations, you can select how many days you want tickets for, keeping in mind that the per-day price gets lower the longer you play.
Your average price per day for a 7-day Magic Your Way Base Ticket is less than half the price of the same single-day ticket. It's like saving over 50%!*
Now you can enjoy the ultimate value: The ability to experience ALL the magic at your own pace.

Sunshine1010
08-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I didn't know this for years.

I thought you HAD to buy the dining plan AND the tickets for the same number of days you are there.

Some confusion though: Are there discounts that I can get with the Magic Your Way?....Visa, etc.......

chechas
08-26-2007, 11:52 AM
From what I was told, as long as it is the MYW package then you can select number of ticket days with a minimum of 1 day per person in your party required. In other words if you are getting a room discount...AP, Florida Resident etc, then of course it is not a package anyways so you can't add dining plan and you would get tickets separate also. But as long as it is a package deal (regular, VISA etc) then you get to tailor the package to fit your needs as far as number of ticket days and options (park hopper, no expire, water parks etc).

Sunshine1010
08-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Wow -----

I suppose more vacations will be available to me then!!!

I actually thought that I shouldn't get the MYW package because I'm an AP member.

It's AWESOME that I can get a package for 4 days and it includes:
- 4 nights at resort
- 4 nights on Dining plan (regardless of if I'm an AP holder or not)
- "x" amt of days for park tickets (my choosing --- and it would be 1day since I"m an AP holder)

Is that correct?

DestinationWDW
08-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Sounds like fun! Have a great trip!!! :mickey::party:

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a great trip!! Can't wait to read more fun and craziness. Happy Birthday to you both.

January-2007
08-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I hope you both have a wonderful time getting to spend time together and celebrating your birthdays! :party: Thanks for the pre trip report.