DS (Matt)
DD#1 (Courtney)
DD#3 (Emily)

Resort:

Yacht Club
Room 4078

Sunday, August 12th, 2007
Official Day One

When I last left you in the preface, we had arrived extra early, checked in, and grabbed a quick breakfast at the Ale and Compass. It was now 7:00AM and Lobby Concierge was now opening. I had a few things to take care of, starting with uprgrading Matt & Courtney's tickets from 7 day Magic Your Way with Park Hopping to an 8 day. This went a lot smoother than back in May at Pop Century, but still in the end, I had a receipt showing I was being charged $19.00+ dollars instead of $4.00+. The CM assured me that I was actually just charged the $4.00 and in the end it all worked out. Next on the agenda was buying Pirate & Princess Party tickets. However, since we were going on the 15th and there was an annual pass discount on that day, the CM could not help me. I had to call (407)W-Disney and have them sent to will call.

Our original plans had called for us to go to MGM Studios this morning, but since we had arrived so early, no room was available, and we already had breakfast, we altered our plans and headed for AM EMH at Epcot! I didn't quite have my legs yet, so we boated instead of walking. We arrived to long lines at the gates, mainly due to people still not able to handle the finger scans!

We went immediately to The Land and secured fastpasses for Soarin and then rode Living With The Land with no wait. In May, it was our 1st time riding this without live CM's and I did not care for it as much. This trip did not improve my opinion. The entire boat was talking and paying no attention to the recorded spiel. The parts that we could hear, were repeated by the woman behind us, so it was like an echo!

The plan was then to head over to Nemo and Friends for the opening, but the line was enormous and all the way past The Land. Instead, we turned the other way for a visit with Figment. Afterwards, I called Ron to let him know we had arrived, checked in, and were already at our first park! We had planned to see the Circle of Life while waiting for our FP window, but the line at Nemo had all but dissapated. Over we went and were on the ride withn 5 minutes. This was a first for Courtney and Matt. Courtney liked it, while Matt thought it just OK. It was just like watching the movie to him. Emily enjoyed it as much as ever! There was not much of a wait to see Crush, so it was on to Turtle Talk. At first, Emily didn't want to go in, she wanted to watch the rays. It didn't take too much convincing, but another Mother was having the same problem, so we had a nice talk about how kids are unpredictable and enjoy the little, minor things, more than the big exciting stuff! Turtle Talk was a 1st for Courtney, who has never been able to catch it. She rather enjoyed it and we all agreed to see it again at another time! Finally, our fastpass window had opened and before long we were Soarin. For the 1st time I was able to ride in row one, albeit in C, but I'll take it. Courtney attributed it to us riding with her, as no matter what, she always gets the 1st row!

When we exited, we were all starving and decided upon lunch at the Liberty Inn. Again, we took the launch instead of walking. We got off in Morocco and arrived to a nearly empty Liberty Inn. I couldn't wait for a Hot dog from WDW, so that was my choice, the older kids both had cheeseburgers, and Emily had a Peanut Butter & Jelly with grapes and gelatin. We hadn't seen the American Adventure in quite awhile and Courtney was begging to see it as she could barely remember it! Matt hemmed and hawed a little at the idea, but I told him if nothing else, he could grab a quick nap, which is exactly what he did. Admittedly, I also dozed off a couple of times, but I think I had good reason. We were however, all awake for the finale and moved by the new montage.

The CM who had checked us in and tried to find us a room, had promised to call my cell phone if and when anything became available. Even though we did not hear from her, we decided to chance it anyway, as we all needed a rest and some showers. We got back about 1:00 and got the same CM who had remembered us. She was glad to tell us that our room was indeed ready. It was a bit of a walk to our room, but it didn't seem as long as on our previous visits here. Our room was on the 4th floor and overlooked the quiet pool, with a partial view of the Dolphin.

Emily really wanted to go for a swim, so Courtney and I opted to take her to the quiet pool, instead of making the trek to Stormalong Bay. We did not spend too long here as we still wanted to get in a nap before dinner. It was nice and relaxing, but would have been better if the water were a little cooler. Back in the room, we all grabbed a shower or bath in Emily's case and laid down for about a 1 and 1/2 hour nap. Refreshed, we headed down for our traditional first night meal and Cape May Cafe, wonderful as always!

We were not done yet, however! Out we went to catch a bus to Magic Kingdom! Tonight was an EMH night, so we thought we would pop over for at least a little while. When we arrived, lightning had just been spotted and once we made our way into Adventureland some things had temporarily closed. There were still FP's availbale for Jungle Cruise, so I went to get 4. However, just as I got my last one, they decided to open up the queue again. We opted to go right in with no wait! Our skipper was very good! He gave Courtney a bit of a hard time and joked with her, but she is quick witted and came back with some jokes of her own! The wait at Pirates was posted as 30 minutes, but having seen a real 30 minute wit where the queue wrapped around the plaza, I knew it would not be that long and instead was just under 15 min. instead. We then picked up our wristbands at el pirata y el perico. We walked over to the Splash/Big Thunder area and noticed that BTMR still had FP's available, so we picked them up and decided whether or not we wanted to ride Jungle Cruise again. It was up to Emily and she elected to ride again! Back we walked, first though, Courtney and Emily rode Aladdin's Magic Carpets while I talked to Ron and Ashleigh back at home! Although our previous skipper at Jungle Cruise was very good, the second one was even better! We really had a blast!

Our window for BTMR was still a few minutes away, but Spectromagic was about to come through, coming from Main St. and we did not want to get caught, so we crossed over and watched Spectro from a bit of distance. Courtney and I just love the music for this! Our window soon opened and we had an exciting ride through the wilderness! Next we made our way to the hub for a viewing of Wishes and Tinkerbell flew right over our heads! Not wanting to fight the mass exodus, we found ourselves in Fantasyland. However, Matt was feeling brave and tired and decided to head back with the crowds. Courtney, Emily and I rode the Horsey-go-round, saw Philharmagic, and capped off our evening on it's a small world! We did not have too long of a wait and were all home and tucked in by 12:30AM!

Day 2 soon to follow!

Lizzie
08-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Wow, what a full day. Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
08-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

droopy d.
08-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Sounds like a great time. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

faline
08-25-2007, 10:27 PM
What a long day that was for you! I think I would have been in bed much earlier! I admire your stamina! What fun! You packed in two parks and a late night after such a long drive!

Bethis26fan
08-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Sounds like a really great day. Thanks for sharing.

iheartmickey
08-25-2007, 11:24 PM
What a LONG day!!! OMGosh you did a lot for your first day. I'm tired just reading it.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

vizsla
08-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Sure was a long day, and off to a great start. Thanks for the report.

ChipnDaleGal
08-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Heather, you all must have been running on pure Disney Endorphins. I acan't believe how long you lasted after your long drive down. It all sounded fun too! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2007, 01:26 PM
What a great day. Thanks for sharing.

DisneyorBust
08-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Now that's the way to start a WDW vacation! Look forward to reading more of your reports.

RedSoxFan
08-26-2007, 08:56 PM
A great first day.:mickey:

offwego
08-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Wow that's incredible! Considering how little sleep you had I'm in awe. Thanks for sharing.

January-2007
08-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

DizNee143
08-31-2007, 12:07 PM
wow what a day you had!! were you tired!?! lol
you guys managed to get alot done today!!
breakfast..epcot..swimming..dinner..MK...i dont know how you did it!! :mickey:

disneymother
08-31-2007, 12:18 PM
What a nice day! And you got so many rides in!

MR.MIKE
09-01-2007, 03:56 PM
We arrived to long lines at the gates, mainly due to people still not able to handle the finger scans!

This happened many times to us through our stay last week. I would see many people putting the tip of their finger on the scan instead of it laying flat.

Finally, our fastpass window had opened and before long we were Soarin. For the 1st time I was able to ride in row one, albeit in C, but I'll take it.

How lucky to get that front row. I never got the front on any of the times we rode.

When we exited, we were all starving and decided upon lunch at the Liberty Inn. Again, we took the launch instead of walking.
We got off in Morocco and arrived to a nearly empty Liberty Inn. I couldn't wait for a Hot dog from WDW

I love those hot dogs...wish i had one now :)

Refreshed, we headed down for our traditional first night meal and Cape May Cafe, wonderful as always!

Dont you love that tradtional first night meal. It always starts the vacation off right. What a fun busy day you had!

SBETigg
09-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Great first day. Isn't it amazing how the heat slows you down? You got a lot done, considering. Thanks for the report!

princessgirls
09-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Heather,

A terrific first day!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

realtreebar
09-08-2007, 12:53 AM
thanks for the report ! "gotta love :mickey: "

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

BelleCiavo
09-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Wow Heather, you sure did a lot on a travel day. We love the Cape May Cafe too. :thumbsup:

Karen

AbeeNormal
09-30-2007, 02:04 PM
What a Trooper..... you sure made the best of your time and what staminah you all had:thumbsup: Can't wait to hear more.:)