PDA

View Full Version : Tonga Toast??

brianlw71
08-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Is this as good as it sounds on the menu?? Are they regular sliced sourdough bread or big overstuffed slices? This is one of things I am looking forward to trying this trip.:cloud9:

KellAnneL
08-25-2007, 08:16 PM
HMMM...My first breakfast is at Kona for Tonga toast. It is big overstuffed sourdough slices filled with bananas and wrapped in cinnamon and sugar. What a way to start the day!!! It's even better than it sounds!

TheMartellFamily
08-25-2007, 09:52 PM
It is very good and sweet, I would say that I did not even put on the maple suryp that they give you with it. Enjoy!

mudpuppysmom
08-25-2007, 11:50 PM
DH had this in May when we were there and I think we are in the minority when I say we really did not care for it.....again though, we are in the minority here, seems everyone loves the stuff.......give it a try once and decide for yourself!!

mrsgaribaldi
08-26-2007, 12:58 AM
It sounds delicious except for the bananas. Can you get it without that? Or is that just french toast?;)

Christine
08-26-2007, 01:03 AM
It sounds delicious except for the bananas. Can you get it without that? Or is that just french toast?;)

I don't know, but I will say that we are not big banana eaters and we loved it! The bananas are sliced so thin, they are not overwhelming. I would maybe suggest ONE person in the party get it and everyone try some (believe me there's plenty for more than one person to share it!)

A Big Kid
08-26-2007, 09:37 AM
A trip to Disney would not be complete without at least one breakfast of tonga toast.

Google "image" it and you can see how large it is.

Madame Leona
08-26-2007, 10:19 AM
We finally tried Tonga Toast on our last visit and it was wonderful. I shared it with ds (15 months) and I'm pretty sure he ate more of it than I did. It's huge and very sharable. I do agree that it doesn't need the syrup. I think that might make it too sweet.

Nicki'sMom
08-26-2007, 01:16 PM
That is a great idea to share the TT. I think I will order one and have my husband get the "Big Kahuna" plate and there will be enough for us and our 3 yo. Can't wait... 8 more days :cloud9:

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2007, 02:31 PM
I LOVE TONGA TOAST. Yes, I'm yelling. Only because it is soooo good. Just be careful. The filling in the middle is very hot when you get it. I burned my tongue.

luvdiznee
08-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Isn't it deep fried? And if so, wasn't there another way to request it being made? Only to cut down on so much of the sweetness and CALORIES? We are staying at Poly next month so definitely plan to try it, but I can't take anything soooooo sweet. :confused: Maybe I will just have to go without. :(