PDA

View Full Version : What brand of coffee does WDW serve?

Cinderelley
08-25-2007, 05:40 PM
I know I read in a previous post a long time ago, what particular brand of coffee that WDW serves. I don't drink coffee, so I didn't pay too much attention. My friends who are going with me are big coffee drinkers, so I wanted to find out to let them know.

JERSEYDISFAN
08-25-2007, 05:55 PM
for the most part, it's Nescafe! Most posters report that it's not for coffee lovers. There are a few exceptions such as the Polynesian which serves Kona coffee and the signature restaurants. Most coffee lovers will bring their own coffee either loose or in packets to use in the resort supplied coffeemakers. Being a decaf tea drinker, I bring my own teabags.

Polynesian Dweller
08-25-2007, 07:23 PM
As mentioned its mostly Nescafe. Currently, Nestle is the company Disney has a deal with (i.e. the Land presented by Nestle) so its Nestle brands. When Kraft was around you would find Maxwell House instead.

emmingo
08-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Pack your own coffee, if you're a coffee-drinker. All of the rooms have their own coffeemaker and styrofoam cups with lids...its just so much better than Disney coffee...except for the Kona coffee which they serve at the Poly. Not to say that the coffee isn't tolerable, it is, and it tastes a lot like Dunkin Donuts coffee, its just...its not great.

vamaggie
08-25-2007, 08:16 PM
There are a few exceptions such as the Polynesian which serves Kona coffee and the signature restaurants.

Do all the restaurants (& Captain Cooks) serve Kona coffee at the Poly? Or is it only the Kona restaurant?

Nicki'sMom
08-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Nescafe tastes like nothing more than instant coffee to a Starbucks drinker. I had a serious caffeine defecit when we were there last year. Tell your friends to pack the bottled Starbucks products that you drink cold like the frappucinos or the iced espresso and coffee.:coffee:

TheMartellFamily
08-25-2007, 09:49 PM
What kind of coffee does get served at WDW well to say it is one word BAD!

mudpuppysmom
08-25-2007, 11:53 PM
I have heard it described as Nesca****......I know that there is a kiosk at the Poly that has Kona coffee and I want to say DH got a cup of that when we were at Kona restaurant. AKL also has something other than Nescafe, but I'm not the coffee drinker, DH is .....I want to say it was a pressed pot of something......at any rate, if you are a serious coffee addict, I suggest bringing your own to make each morning......we usually pack a little baggie and a scoop so DH can make something to liven him up in the mornings!

snifflesmcg
08-26-2007, 12:11 AM
All of the rooms have their own coffeemaker and styrofoam cups with lids...its just so much better than Disney coffee.

I don't think the Values do? Do they?

JERSEYDISFAN
08-26-2007, 11:45 AM
vamaggie, I'm not sure. I know that Kona's and the coffee counter in the lobby by the monorail entrance doors (open AM only) serve Kona coffee. It would seem to reason that O'Hana should as well.

JPL
08-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Add the Nescajunk to the horrible WDW water and it's twice as bad :sick:

MinnieMommie
08-26-2007, 12:32 PM
In addition to Nescafe which is served most everywhere you can get Kona at the Poly and fresh pressed Beans at AK. You can request the fresh pressed when eating at Boma (for an additional charge) but it is what you will get when ordering coffee at Jiko. :mickey:

Nicki'sMom
08-26-2007, 01:05 PM
"Nesca****" LOLOLOLOLOL :funny::silly:

Cinderelley
08-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Wow! There are some mighty strong feelings about the coffee there. I'm going to print this out and let them read it. Thanks everyone.

mickey-mouse35
08-26-2007, 04:57 PM
LOVE the coffee at Kona Cafe/The Polynesian! :coffee:

Another place for STRONG coffee is the chicory coffee they serve at Port Orleans in the food court. It's great with beignets! :cloud9:

Dawneeeey
08-26-2007, 10:10 PM
hee hee I don't drink coffee but the "Nesca****" comment made me laugh!

I even called over my DH to read it!!

:wave:

Here we go again...
08-26-2007, 10:17 PM
NescaPoop :ack:
Bring your own coffee...
I do like the coffee at Kona Cafe and the Contemporary has a coffee shop too. I got some pretty good coffee there.

prttynpnk
08-27-2007, 10:36 AM
It's brown. That's the last nice thing I can say about it. :mickey:

ElenitaB
08-27-2007, 05:14 PM
In Mexico, people tend to say that Nescafe means "No es café" ("it isn't coffee").

I don't even like the stuff they leave in the Villas so I pack coffee and filters every trip we make.

btuskan
08-27-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't think the Values do? Do they?

The values do not have coffee makers. When I've stayed at ASMu in the past, I've stopped at one of those large grocery/ discount department stores to buy a cheap coffee maker and my favorite coffee. When we leave, I leave the coffee maker behind. I figure that I'm probably breaking even and I'm getting much better coffee. Oh...and don't forget the gallon jugs of water...disney water can ruin a good cup of coffee.

snifflesmcg
08-28-2007, 01:03 AM
The values do not have coffee makers. When I've stayed at ASMu in the past, I've stopped at one of those large grocery/ discount department stores to buy a cheap coffee maker and my favorite coffee. When we leave, I leave the coffee maker behind. I figure that I'm probably breaking even and I'm getting much better coffee. Oh...and don't forget the gallon jugs of water...disney water can ruin a good cup of coffee.

Too bad I'm not staying in the room after you, lol.