PDA

View Full Version : LeCellier's or Coral Reef?

ncrohrs
08-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Which would you choose?

Those dining will be 2 adults and 3 kids, ages 2, 4, and 6. I love seafood and my husband loves steak.

Thanks!

KAJUNKING
08-25-2007, 06:31 PM
no question! lecellier! it by far my favorite in wdw, this trip will be the first time im going to try coral reef, but i havent heard great things about it, you could have asked me that same question with any other rest at wdw in its place and my answer would be lecellier. i think youll find most people here on intercot love lecellier, i dont think ive read a negative comment about it. lecellier is :number1:

Mickie the Pooh
08-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Yup Lecellier IF YOU CAN GET AN ADR.

The kids would like seeing the fish at Coral Reef but the food is passable at best.

nicster
08-25-2007, 07:07 PM
We LOVE LeCellier:eat: and will be going to the Coral Reef for the first time on the 29th of Aug. From what I have read the small ones may be happier with the Coral Reef, Le Cellier is a much more grown up atmosphere. I am sure you will all enjoy what every choice you make, after all you will be at the happiest place on earth!:mickey:

JCDarzi
08-25-2007, 10:47 PM
We tried both on our last vacation to WDW. Loved them both...enjoyed the food equally well at both. The only reason why I would put Coral Reef above Le Cellier is because of the fish tank. My DD4 and DS2 were in awe over the fish. Between the fish tank and the darkened atmosphere, it was the most peaceful meal we had on the whole trip.

The staff at Le Cellier was very nice and kept the bread/crackers coming until our meals came which pleased the kids. Le Cellier is kid-friendly as well but the fish tank has the most "wow-factor" for kids.

mrsgaribaldi
08-26-2007, 08:36 AM
I would pick Le Cellier. I love steak and I don't even eat seafood so it was an easy choice for me;)

Jeri Lynn
08-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I like both restaurants, but I think the atmosphere at the Coral Reef with the fishtank would keep the kids entertained. I have never felt that there was anything special about the atmosphere at Le Cellier.

I've had a great meal at both.

Nicki'sMom
08-26-2007, 01:21 PM
If you can swing it, schedule lunch at coral reef and dinner at LeCellier. I have a hard time choosing too so I just try to fit them all in. My friend went to LeCellier and Coral Reef and LOVED LeCellier. She said it was and amazing value on the dining plan. Really good steaks.

Vinny
08-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Yup Lecellier IF YOU CAN GET AN ADR.

The kids would like seeing the fish at Coral Reef but the food is passable at best.

How true. We just booked our next WDW trip for Feb. 2008 and when I called Disney Dining to make a dinner ADR for Le Cellier I was out of luck. I then switched to lunch and just barely got in. At the time it was about 175 days out, keeping in mind you can't make ADR's until 180 days out. They told me I was very lucky to call when I did and almost could not believe it.

ncrohrs
08-26-2007, 01:46 PM
We might be out of luck then for LeCellier. We too are going in Feb and I did not call yet for ADR's. I guess we can try for a lunch time there and then just do Coral Reef if not.

Thanks for all the help!

Sept '99-Poly
Nov 2006-GF
Feb 2009-Poly

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2007, 02:29 PM
LeCellier is it for us. The filet is so delicious!!

LoriMistress
08-26-2007, 02:37 PM
When are you going? Do you have an ADR yet? Le Cellier is extremely hard to get into now (it's now the new IT place.) Coral Reef is somewhat hard to get into, but it's not difficult as Le Cellier. You have to call 407-WDW-DINE at exactly 180 days before your arrival to have any chance to eating at this restaurant. Anyone who cannot get into this restaurant will tell you that calling early is practically the only way to get into this exclusive restaurant.

GrmGrninGost
08-26-2007, 05:59 PM
LeCellier is very good, but I would go with Coral Reef for the children. The aquarium will keep them entertained and the food is really good! You can't go wrong either way though! :mickey:

rnin02
08-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Go with LeCellier...if you can get it! So, so good.

ncrohrs
08-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I called today at about 171 days in advance. I got LeCellier's lunch at 1:30! I am very excited to try this much talked about restaurant.

As recommended by another poster, I am going to also try to get into Coral Reef maybe for dinner this time on another day. The atmosphere sounds wonderful.

Nicole
Feb 2008- Poly

LudwigVonDrake
08-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I ate at Le Cellier for the first time last month and it was excellent. Coral Reef (to me) is overrated and overpriced.

Vinny
08-27-2007, 10:08 AM
I called today at about 171 days in advance. I got LeCellier's lunch at 1:30! I am very excited to try this much talked about restaurant.

As recommended by another poster, I am going to also try to get into Coral Reef maybe for dinner this time on another day. The atmosphere sounds wonderful.

Nicole
Feb 2008- Poly

Glad to hear you got in. Le Cellier is well worth it. Have a good trip!!

Dyanna
08-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Do both if you can! We are going to both for dinner when we go in October.

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-27-2007, 01:26 PM
I tried to make reservations at both several weeks ago and both were already completely booked. I have never eaten at either but have read great recommendations on all websites. A friend on mine lives in Orlando and Le Cellier is one of her favorites.

tyandskyesmom
08-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Those are our two "always do" places in Epcot. In fact, I think we'd have a difficult time choosing which to do if we could only do one.

We are 2 adults, an 8 1/2 year old boy and a 3 year old girl and we all love both of them.

127 more days!!!!